-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just announced the EO on closing the whole bears season statewide is being reversed, but it will still eliminate nonresident hunts. Since one cannot travel from community to community under standing orders it was pretty much eliminated anyway.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Non-Kodiak-resident brown bear is effectively shut down because of the travel restrictions.

Seems like that’s a suck it up deal.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Except there are carriers that can fly from Anchorage or Homer or Soldotna all the way to Kodiak Island. They just cannot go by way of towns.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ravn is defacto shut down. Is AK still flying there?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Except there are carriers that can fly from Anchorage or Homer or Soldotna all the way to Kodiak Island. They just cannot go by way of towns.

Are you referring to charters or commercial?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Charters only, or even guides could do it...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ravn is defacto shut down. Is AK still flying there?

Someone has to carry the mail and freight...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I know. Apparently Hagelund is closed down. I’m sure there is a high degree of uncertainty for now. Maybe longer.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just announced the EO on closing the whole bears season statewide is being reversed, but it will still eliminate nonresident hunts. Since one cannot travel from community to community under standing orders it was pretty much eliminated anyway.

I just read the FAQ's on mandate 012. It does state that residents can go outside to exercise and recreate as long as mandated social distancing protocols are practiced. It does not stipulate that one has to stay within ones own community. Seems that spring bear hunting would be both good exercise and recreation.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mart

I just read the FAQ's on mandate 012. It does state that residents can go outside to exercise and recreate as long as mandated social distancing protocols are practiced. It does not stipulate that one has to stay within ones own community. Seems that spring bear hunting would be both good exercise and recreation.

Travel from community to community was banned in a different order. You can travel from Barrow to Kethikan as long as you do not go to any communities on the way.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Let me change that to just outside Ketchikan... wink

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I guess I'll have to contact the state for clarification. If one passes through a community but doesn't stop on their way to recreate outdoors, as in bear hunting, is that permitted? Some contradictions it seems between the 012 mandate and the answers in the 012 FAQ's

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mart
I guess I'll have to contact the state for clarification. If one passes through a community but doesn't stop on their way to recreate outdoors, as in bear hunting, is that permitted? Some contradictions it seems between the 012 mandate and the answers in the 012 FAQ's

That is the way I read it, too. Just no stopping...

From what Doug Vincent-Lang wrote they really intended to shut down all spring bear hunting but got a ton of pushback in less than 12 hours and Dunleavey decided to walk it back...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I signed the petition to rescind it and passed it on to others.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I called our rep (Ben Carpenter) and thanked him for getting it knocked back. I also asked him if he could do anything about these long winters. Maybe shorten them up a bit. He laughed.

Last edited by OAM; 04/03/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 8 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,563
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.