Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I always thought, "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble", was a promised right in the constitution.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/4197204...olation-orders-will-be-held-without-bond

Anyone arrested for violating isolation orders will be held without bond

Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

People arrested will be held without bond pending the first appearance.

Chief Judge Michael T. McHugh signed the directive Friday stating people who are arrested shall not be given a “Notice to Appear” nor will be released pursuant to any local bond schedule.

The 20th Judicial Circuit said the person arrested will appear before the first appearance judge.

At first appearance, the judge may accept testimony from the State Health Officer or Department of Health and make a determination whether setting a bond or bail is appropriate.

This directive will remain in effect until further notice.

Anyone who violates any requirements made by the Department of Health pursuant to a declared public health emergency is committing a second-degree misdemeanor.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
you have free speech but if you yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater and someone gets hurt your going to jail.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lennie
I always thought, "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble", was a promised right in the constitution.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/4197204...olation-orders-will-be-held-without-bond

Anyone arrested for violating isolation orders will be held without bond

Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

People arrested will be held without bond pending the first appearance.

Chief Judge Michael T. McHugh signed the directive Friday stating people who are arrested shall not be given a “Notice to Appear” nor will be released pursuant to any local bond schedule.

The 20th Judicial Circuit said the person arrested will appear before the first appearance judge.

At first appearance, the judge may accept testimony from the State Health Officer or Department of Health and make a determination whether setting a bond or bail is appropriate.

This directive will remain in effect until further notice.

Anyone who violates any requirements made by the Department of Health pursuant to a declared public health emergency is committing a second-degree misdemeanor.

Because it is a declared National Emergency...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
There's a little known clause of the constitution, way back in the back, that says, "void when the govt says so."

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Never let The Constitution, stand in the way of a crisis! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Least they can all brag ta their kids that they were in a concentration camp.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They let the criminals out of prison to make room for these hardened rebels.

LOL
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hate to say it but if this continues to get out of hand there will be a time they have to use force to keep people quarantined. We have several people in my small town that tested positive and local people are furious about seeing them out and about doing as they please. People don’t know how to stay home when told they should!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Your “right” to go to the goddamm post office every fuggin day to get your junk mail with a pandemic in effect ( bless your Boomer heart) doesn’t give you the right to threaten mine and everyone else’s health.

The pros have said what needs to be done in simple terms what it takes to mitigate. They went to school for 7-9 years, Fred at the asbestos factory didn’t.

Fred can’t even figure out the price per round breakdown of a box of 50 9mm cartridges. But by God don’t tell him he can’t go to the donut shop.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

Bluff? Really? You think the Court will look favorably on the idiots when the statisticians show the probable number of deaths caused by just one church service with 1k in attendance?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The rights of religion and assembly are rights, to be sure, but with rights come responsibility. A minister who insists on meeting isn't responsible and it's questionable whether he belongs in his position of authority. And yes, I'm a Christian.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Looks like Korematsu is good law, again.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
There's no difference between revoking the Bill of Rights to save some people from a virus, and revoking the 2d Amendment to save some people from gunshot wounds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Your “right” to go to the goddamm post office every fuggin day to get your junk mail with a pandemic in effect ( bless your Boomer heart) doesn’t give you the right to threaten mine and everyone else’s health.

The pros have said what needs to be done in simple terms what it takes to mitigate. They went to school for 7-9 years, Fred at the asbestos factory didn’t.

Fred can’t even figure out the price per round breakdown of a box of 50 9mm cartridges. But by God don’t tell him he can’t go to the donut shop.

Slum.... Dont be blaming the spread of this all on "Boomers". There are more young people out spreading it around by going to the park with kids, running the trails, congregating in the desert to ride their ATVs and tear up the country side. That said Ive not been able to convince my 89 yr old Mom to stay at home either.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not Constitutional. But only a few of us seem to care anymore. This type thought and practice will end the 2A.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Think collection plate. The why of things usually has to do with the money.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They let the criminals out of prison to make room for these hardened rebels.

It sure appears that is what they are doing.

Originally Posted by Fubarski
There's no difference between revoking the Bill of Rights to save some people from a virus, and revoking the 2d Amendment to save some people from gunshot wounds.

There is a fine line. Not sure where it is.

Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
It's not Constitutional. But only a few of us seem to care anymore. This type thought and practice will end the 2A.

Agree

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by slumlord

Slum.... Dont be blaming the spread of this all on "Boomers". There are more young people out spreading it around by going to the park with kids, running the trails, congregating in the desert to ride their ATVs and tear up the country side. That said Ive not been able to convince my 89 yr old Mom to stay at home either.

Yep,what about the 70 students that chartered a plane to Cabo San Lucas and brought it back with them or all the spring breakers that partied and are now showing up infected,or the thousands the fled Nw York and took it with them,or the skier that took it to Aspen and infected people the Not one Boomer in the group.I have left my place twice in 7weeks.Once for a prescription and once to get diesel fuel for the tractor and truck. Wonder how many times Slumlord has left his home in7 weeks?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by jimmyp
you have free speech but if you yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater and someone gets hurt your going to jail.

You do know that the case in which Holmes made this analogy famous was overturned 40 yrs ago don’t you?

Google it.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 64 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,034
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.