Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
TP shortage explained.

There’s another, entirely logical explanation for why stores have run out of toilet paper — one that has gone oddly overlooked in the vast majority of media coverage. It has nothing to do with psychology and everything to do with supply chains. It helps to explain why stores are still having trouble keeping it in stock, weeks after they started limiting how many a customer could purchase.

In short, the toilet paper industry is split into two, largely separate markets: commercial and consumer. The pandemic has shifted the lion’s share of demand to the latter. People actually do need to buy significantly more toilet paper during the pandemic — not because they’re making more trips to the bathroom, but because they’re making more of them at home. With some 75% of the U.S. population under stay-at-home orders, Americans are no longer using the restrooms at their workplace, in schools, at restaurants, at hotels, or in airports.

Georgia-Pacific, a leading toilet paper manufacturer based in Atlanta, estimates that the average household will use 40 percent more toilet paper than usual if all of its members are staying home around the clock. That’s a huge leap in demand for a product whose supply chain is predicated on the assumption that demand is essentially constant. It’s one that won’t fully subside even when people stop hoarding or panic-buying.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really don't have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month. TP rolls will be worth their weight in gold in a few months, because everyone needs it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A very good point hilljack. One of the factory workers creeds is; if at possible, crap on company time.

Same theory, well sorta, with grocery store food. More folks eating at home that used to eat out a lot, therefore needing more food than usual at home.

Now, getting the supply chain rerouted might take a while, but there are supplies out there.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I cshit once a day, I don’t hardly use a roll per day. More like one a week.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
!+ for post count

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
One roll per day seems like a lot. Been on the same roll for a week. The other issue with keeping the shelves stocked is that folks who used to buy groceries every few days are trying to reduce that to every week or 2. The more bare the shelves the more people buy.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, that "roll a day" claim is purest BS.

Possibly TMI, but I only need about two feet per wipe, usually wipe twice. Even if I have two "Folger's Moments" a day, that's hardly a whole roll.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You live with a family of elephants? WTF uses a whole roll of TP a day per person?

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

Originally Posted by Stickfight
Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really don't have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month. TP rolls will be worth their weight in gold in a few months, because everyone needs it.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One roll a day!? WTH do you do with the stuff? A roll would last me a week.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The the biggest load of BS ever.
Sorry excuses for all the dumbasses with mountains of the stuff in their basements

Last edited by KenMi; 04/04/20.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The true nugget in that is that people are pooping more at home than before. The rest is...well, carp.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A roll a day? You realize that using it correctly means you pull some off the roll and wipe your ass with that, you don't take the entire roll and rub it between your ass cheeks.

My family of 4 doesn't use a roll a day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BS!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunzo
A very good point hilljack. One of the factory workers creeds is; if at possible, crap on company time.

Same theory, well sorta, with grocery store food. More folks eating at home that used to eat out a lot, therefore needing more food than usual at home.

Now, getting the supply chain rerouted might take a while, but there are supplies out there.
factory worker ?

I was salary exempt. My best problem solving ideas came crapper time.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Gone are the days of nearly schitting your pants on the way to work so you can crap on the clock.

Add insult to injury....gotta buy yer own tp.

Sad state.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A roll a day? Stickfight is either full of chit or a female.

I suppose a full of chit female would wipe in 2 directions. I've seen 2 fisted drinkers, not 2 fisted wipers. A whole new meaning for fisting?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

A roll per day? JFC!

You better take your chances with CV-19 and get to a doctor immediately.

You gots problems. Seriously.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stickfight, only extreme case of Montezuma's Revenge from too many burritos would cause a person to use a whole roll, and probably not even that. Tell us more on how you derived this pearl of wisdom.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My best bud when we was kids, his aunt ‘aggie’ was a family legend that she used to use a flattened-out whole roll of TP for a tampon.

Gawd she was a bitch.

Or hell maybe as a panty liner, I don’t know how all that works. 🤢🤢🤮

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I bet your plumber is driving a Bentley

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 68 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.