Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akaSawDoctor
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Quak
Have some sympathy...these are people’s lives. Peoples loved ones.

This is scary stuff and hard times. We have no idea how bad this is going to get. Let’s pray and hope we get through it without having to bury over a quarter million! of our fellow Americans

The nay sayers are just as guilty as the dooms dayers

Guilty of what?

Being a pinheaded âsshòle.

It’s hard to tell on this board if some people are really that oblivious or just trolling. Hope it’s the latter dassa. 😁

Says the guy who believes the WHO......... I bet you like the U.N. also.... voted for Obama?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by irfubar

This is scary stuff and hard times. We have no idea how bad this is going to get. Let’s pray and hope we get through it without having to bury over a quarter million! of our fellow Americans

Guilty of what?

It’s hard to tell on this board if some people are really that oblivious or just trolling. Hope it’s the latter dassa. 😁

Says the guy who believes the WHO......... I bet you like the U.N. also.... voted for Obama?

Hahaha just because I believe that not everyone has a secret agenda does not make me a liberal.

Last edited by akaSawDoctor; 04/04/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Guilty of what?

Hahaha just because I believe that not everyone has a secret agenda does not make me a liberal.

Well then the main stream media is a good fit for you..... congratulations.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

Did you make that up?

How many people die a day in the US?
Leave a reply
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds. You can see a live clock keeping track of how many people have died today at https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/indicator/deaths/united-states. You can compare the number of deaths in the US to the number of deaths in other countries at https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/indicator/deaths.

Note: The numbers in this post were estimated without taking into account the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The net effect of the pandemic on the average number of deaths in the US will not be clear until some time in the future. Today (March 29, 2020), 484 deaths were reported due to COVID-19, which is close to 6.5% of the normal number of daily deaths; however, it is possible that deaths due to other causes may have decreased because of widespread social distancing, quarantine, and stay-at-home measures. On the other hand, there may also be an increase in the number of deaths that could have been prevented if medical resources were not focused on COVID-19 patients. For more information about COVID-19 cases and deaths in the US, visit our coronavirus section.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No wonder you think the sky is falling...... msm is not your friend

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Total deaths in the US are down in 2020, from previous years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it saves one child's life we should shut it down!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you make that up? How many people die a day in the US? Leave a reply....

1,200 (Covid-19 deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in USA)
7,500 (daily deaths in the USA from all other causes)

7,500 + 16% (1,200) = 8,700 (total daily deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in the USA, including Covid-19 deaths)

So, again...Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A

Guilty of what?

Well then the main stream media is a good fit for you..... congratulations.....

Hardly, the media is the equivalent to a circus. No doubt they embellish the truth for ratings.

There is alternative sources out there if you are looking.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Guilty of what?

Then I'll ask you-what are they guilty of? Did they create the virus? Did they bring it into the country or go around intentionally spreading it? Or did they just voice an opinion you don't agree with?

You might be prone to feeling guilty for stuff you didn't do. I don't.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Regarding the numbers given and quoted on the White House public information briefings. If some of you fellows had been listening to Rush last week? He pretty convincingly shredded the so called "modelers". Aside from the obvious, garbage in, garbage out, ie, using things like 'no precautionary measures taken' and stats from third world and socialized med systems...there is the very simple fact that none of these people had been vetted as to their bona fides in the field of contagion. None of them were willing to put their names or reputations on their work product. Say what? Would you drive on a bridge designed on plans that the engineers didn't sign off on?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Regarding the numbers given and quoted on the White House public information briefings. If some of you fellows had been listening to Rush last week? He pretty convincingly shredded the so called "modelers". Aside from the obvious, garbage in, garbage out, ie, using things like 'no precautionary measures taken' and stats from third world and socialized med systems...there is the very simple fact that none of these people had been vetted as to their bona fides in the field of contagion. None of them were willing to put their names or reputations on their work product. Say what? Would you drive on a bridge designed on plans that the engineers didn't sign off on?

Good grief flintlocke, don't let logic get in the way of a good panic......

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sorry Fubar, I'm not myself lately, I'm looking for a well constructed, SAFE bridge to jump off of, one that has no Covid Kooties on the guardrails.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Have you no shame!? I hope you're feeling as guilty as I am.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I for one don't know where the truth lays. I do know that I am old and my health is compromised. it is no sacrifice for me to stay home, I do it all the time anyway.
this I do know. the America we had a few short months ago is gone. what we have on the other side of this mess is anyone's guess.
we changed during ww2, we changed during Viet Nam, we really changed on 911. this will make those look like a hiccup.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
A hiccup?

How do you figure?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well......Missouri is already 1/3 to quota

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nationally
Aready past the 18 per million

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Did you make that up? How many people die a day in the US? Leave a reply....

1,200 (Covid-19 deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in USA)
7,500 (daily deaths in the USA from all other causes)

7,500 + 16% (1,200) = 8,700 (total daily deaths ‘yesterday alone’ in the USA, including Covid-19 deaths)

So, again...Nearly 1,200 people were killed by Covid-19 just ‘yesterday alone’ here in the USA. That’s a 16% increase above the typical number of daily deaths in the USA from all causes.

I don't think that anyone, including you and me, knows with any degree of certainty what the number of deaths directly attributable to COVID-19 are. Furthermore, we don't have accurate demographic data to project what groups are at the greatest risk of dying and which groups face a much lower risk of dying.

In the end, when there are accurate numbers, the death toll from COVID-19 will probably be a fraction of 1% of the U.S. population.

Even at 65, I'll happily take my chances with the odds running 99 to 1 in my favor. Unlike some, I refuse to live in fear until there is something more deadlyl than COVID-19 knocking on my front door.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 22kHornet, 53 invisible), 2,090 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,567
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.