Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Any problems with McM are best worked thru Rick. He has their attention, seems to get a lot more respect than individuals. That's not a great commentary on McM, but seems to be the way it is. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

It's just way too easy going thru Rick than dealing with those people direct. I've done it both ways.

IME,

DF

Amen to that. Ordered a couple or so through Rick on December 31 to beat the price hike ... already have some of them! And these were all special inlets ... Rick’s got stroke!

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by efw
I’m leaning toward the LAW (formerly Bansner):

http://www.legendaryarmsworks.com/product-p/winmod70sa.htm

I have a Basner stock on one of my Model 70 Winchesters which I purchased several years ago and like as much or more than the McMilians. I have not seen one of the new ones, however unless things have changed a lot the Bansers require considerable work to fit, finish and install recoil pad. I was able to do most of the work myself but needed a big can of epoxy because also the barrel channel was crooked and was time consuming to get right. I have never been good at recoil pad installation so that was another $100.00. Pillar installation took me a 8 hour shift to get right.. I bought the stock from someone other than Bansner or I would have returned it. It was a good winter project and turned out well, still have the rifle. At the time Bansner would finish the stock with fill and paint then install recoil pad, but that brought the price up to the McMillian price point or higher. Kind of like the Brown I did 40 years ago, althought the Brown was more work, needing a lot of fill and sanding. In the end unless you are skilled in this type of work I'd pay the price and go McMillian. I'm hoping this will have improved with the new molds at Bansner because they feel good to me, Never weighed mine so don't know how it compares to the Mickys i own, My hunting partner has a Wildcat on his Ruger tanger. and he loves it, but with paint shipping back for paint after bedding, pad installation ect, the price is right up there. BTY one of my favorite hunting rifles is stocked in one of the newer Remington plastic stocks, which fit me well, only weigh a couple oz's more than the expensive after market stocks. and are pretty damn stiff,. If something should happen to it I'll jump on E Bay ans get anew take off of $35.00! WALNUT IS STILL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Last edited by Switch; 03/16/20.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Switch
Originally Posted by efw
I’m leaning toward the LAW (formerly Bansner):

http://www.legendaryarmsworks.com/product-p/winmod70sa.htm

I have a Basner stock on one of my Model 70 Winchesters which I purchased several years ago and like as much or more than the McMilians. I have not seen one of the new ones, however unless things have changed a lot the Bansers require considerable work to fit, finish and install recoil pad. I was able to do most of the work myself but needed a big can of epoxy because also the barrel channel was crooked and was time consuming to get right. I have never been good at recoil pad installation so that was another $100.00. Pillar installation took me a 8 hour shift to get right.. I bought the stock from someone other than Bansner or I would have returned it. It was a good winter project and turned out well, still have the rifle. At the time Bansner would finish the stock with fill and paint then install recoil pad, but that brought the price up to the McMillian price point or higher. Kind of like the Brown I did 40 years ago, althought the Brown was more work, needing a lot of fill and sanding. In the end unless you are skilled in this type of work I'd pay the price and go McMillian. I'm hoping this will have improved with the new molds at Bansner because they feel good to me, Never weighed mine so don't know how it compares to the Mickys i own, My hunting partner has a Wildcat on his Ruger tanger. and he loves it, but with paint shipping back for paint after bedding, pad installation ect, the price is right up there. BTY one of my favorite hunting rifles is stocked in one of the newer Remington plastic stocks, which fit me well, only weigh a couple oz's more than the expensive after market stocks. and are pretty damn stiff,. If something should happen to it I'll jump on E Bay ans get anew take off of $35.00! WALNUT IS STILL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I agree about the bansner taking a lot of time and work to fit. Mine was the same way.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Any problems with McM are best worked thru Rick. He has their attention, seems to get a lot more respect than individuals. That's not a great commentary on McM, but seems to be the way it is. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

It's just way too easy going thru Rick than dealing with those people direct. I've done it both ways.

IME,

DF

Amen to that. Ordered a couple or so through Rick on December 31 to beat the price hike ... already have some of them! And these were all special inlets ... Rick’s got stroke!

How does one go about ordering through Rick? Just PM him on here?

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by J23
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

IME,

DF

How does one go about ordering through Rick? Just PM him on here?

Yes. Or go through the gear shop on here, but I am not sure if it is back up and running yet - Rick was updating it.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
He’ll respond, easy to work with and very efficient.

McM listens when Rick calls. He obviously gets more respect and seems to get faster responses than you or I would.

McM is pretty good; I’ve dealt direct in the past. Since I started ordering thru Rick, I’m staying with Rick.

DF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
114 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,381 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.