Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Looking at the Hustler Fastrak SDX with the 3400 drives. $7000 in Ga plus tax. Anything better for the money?

Hardin284
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, a lawn service.....

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Wait a month and it will be 6,000

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I don’t know about better..... but, Grasshopper is one you may look at! I love the hydraulic driven deck, which can be yearned vertical, for cleaning, maintenance, and storage! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hustler fast track should be good heavy duty residential mower. Not quite commercial, but better than most homeowner grade machines. My dad has one and it’s been good to him for several years.

I’m looking to buy two more commercial mowers soon, so I’ve been shopping around and looking at various model lately. Best deal on a new mower I’ve seen would be Scag Tiger Cat 2 52” for $8950 promo price, the 61” is $9350. These are true commercial mowers with a great deck, heavy duty spindles, and a good engine. A little more money but quite a bit more machine than any residential class mower.

https://www.scag.com/tigercatII.html

If you’re stuck on Hustlers at least price an Xone, they are good commercial machines as well.

Deere should have some close to that range

If you have some acres to mow, I’m a believer in buying a commercial mower if you can swing it. Properly maintained they’ll last you literally forever and are worth something if you sell down the road.

That said, if you like the fast track and are mowing a couple hours a week I’m sure it’d last you a long time as well

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’ve owned 2 hustlers and both were great. First was a Xone and my current mower is a fastrak. Fantastic mowers!

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've got a Land Pride which might be irrelevant now that Kubota bought them.

In the day the twin hydraulic systems were the berries. Smooth controls & a huge warranty.

Just last week I changed Hyd. fluid & got an air lock. Thought I'd lost a pump, a new one is $700 & I've got 2 of em.

After looking a pump prices, then wheel motor prices, I'm not sure I should own one at all. But, my machine is 13 years old & now going strong. So maybe it will all e OK.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a 2006 Ex-Mark Laser Z with 550 hours still looks and runs like new......still running the original belts and blades....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky
Yeah, a lawn service.....

I agree 100% It's not about how much it costs, it's about how much is too much for my next toy. grin Should fool the little wifey, though, by talking about doing your own lawn care.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I am sure enjoying my 61” Bad Boy commercial mower. I don’t know that it is superior to other brands, but it is a fine mower. The Kawasaki engine runs great.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a used 2004 Exmark LazerZ from a buddy retiring from the commercial business. Had 700 hours on it in 2010. I’ve beat the hell out of it since then. 2 hours a week for 6 months. Any issues have been self induced.

One of my engineering buddies from college was an engineer at LandPride for a few years, now at Hustler. A few years ago he told me to never let my friends or family buy a Land Pride. He said he’d buy a BadBoy before he bought a LandPride. Maybe he was jaded from his work experience, but he was pretty emphatic about it.

Coworkers both have Skags and love them. Along with the city parks department. One of those guys bleeds green but bought the Skag anyway.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm on my third season of flogging 4 hilly acres with a residential grade Hustler Raptor Limited. At this point, I'm curious about how much it will take before it comes apart. It will definitely mow 4 acres efficiently. I don't know for how long. But I'm starting to get the idea that the manufacturers tend to understate the potential of their lower priced residential grade machines in order to get people to buy the big monster mowers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The first this thing usually goes on the residential grade mowers is the deck , if you have a welded deck instead of stamped it will last a lot longer .

I keep 3.2 acres moved around my place mowed with the Scag tiger cat 52 inch deck 23hp kawasaki . Takes about 2 hours to mow . I haul the mower up tp my place in NW Arkansas about twice each summer . Paid $8800 for it 5 years ago . Change the oil every 30 hours and I have had to replace the belts once . Keep the blades sharp and balanced . Average running about 75 hours a season so this should last me.

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 04/04/20.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
I have a 2006 Ex-Mark Laser Z with 550 hours still looks and runs like new......still running the original belts and blades....

Yes sir, Exmark lazer Zs are really good commercial mowers. My personal mower at home is a ‘16 Lazer Z 52”. At work I have a ‘07 model lazer 52” that has close to 2000hrs on it, and a ‘17 60” with 700 hrs on it. Along with several Exmark walk behinds. Exmark absolutely makes a great commercial mower. Don’t know anything about their residential line though

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
The first this thing usually goes on the residential grade mowers is the deck , if you have a welded deck instead of stamped it will last a lot longer .

Pretty much all of the name brand zero turn mowers have welded steel decks, these days. I think everything on the mower would go for a long time if it wasn't abused. The transmissions are the question mark. There's not much one can do about the 2200 series transmissions. When they're done, they're done. But I'm starting to think that they're fairly decent pieces of work. They won't hold up like the bigger models. But they're not bad, either.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My Z-820 JD was about in that price range. It’s commercial grade; I use it residential. Should last a very long time. They make an optional easy ride seat that is a must.

DF

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Kubota

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Move to SW Arizona..........Problem solved.

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had great luck with my Gravely. This will be season #11 and still runs strong.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a 60in SuperZ Hustler and a Bush Hog TC220 at the old place. The BH is now about 23 years old and still going great, it has draw backs but lots of good points. It has a front deck that I can run under things that the others can't get into. The Hustler was a great grass cutter, gave it to my brother in law as I didn't need it at the new place and they have 5 or 6 acres. He was using a Toro commercial at the time that stayed broke down. When the old BH dies I'm getting another Hustler.

We have one of those cheap Cub Cadets with a stamped deck, my wife loves to run it, she's afraid of the Bush Hog. It does cut really good but it has thin blades that don't last long and the scalping wheels wear out quick.

I've always said its impossible to have too many grass cutters because without fail one of them will have some issue or the other and you need one to ride while waiting on parts for the other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,367
Posts18,469,093
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.