Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Idaho has one of the mildest virus infections yet the state is on lockdown. now they have kiboshed the hunting and fishing for non residents. I seems extreme I have family in a small town in southern idaho and it seems pretty rediculous to have them on a lock down. I have watched the guy on TV and he seems like a boob, Idaho members, right or wrong, what do you think of your governor?

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The first state to lock out the NR hunters but I bet it won't be the last.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Seems logical if they want to keep it as one of the mildest.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blaine County ID has the highest rate of infection of any county in the US by a significant margin.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I see shutting down Blaine County, but the rest of the state is paying the price. Way too many unemployed for each person that's sick. This will be extremely hard on the economy. People have no idea, how much is being affected. Go to any restaurant before this started and they have substantial business, especially on weekends. The big mall I drove by on Fairview and Eagle was completely empty of cars. People aren't buying gas so that's effected. I think the governor succumbed to media pressure. I'm extremely disappointed in him. He's governing by the old finger in the air.

Several hundred people are out of work for every one with the virus. Governor has bought into the conversion to communism the media pushes. IMO.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
Blaine County ID has the highest rate of infection of any county in the US by a significant margin.

Okay.

Did it get that way via non-resident or resident introduced?

This is also an issue on the Federal level.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
At least 96% suvivability on virus.

What do you think the business/employment rate will be?.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Good idea...a state that is seeing low infection numbers should open the flood gates and see what happens. I can't see how that would go wrong..?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Idaho has one of the mildest virus infections yet the state is on lockdown. now they have kiboshed the hunting and fishing for non residents. I seems extreme I have family in a small town in southern idaho and it seems pretty rediculous to have them on a lock down. I have watched the guy on TV and he seems like a boob, Idaho members, right or wrong, what do you think of your governor?

http://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It’s a temporary suspension of license sale. Keyword = Temporary

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Projection modeling, wide confidence interval, so take it for whatever you feel like.

It’s a pretty graph analysis.

I wish my Sigma Plot software looked this purty when I was doing quantitative analysis.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like resource-wise, you might be in decent shape.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack

Okay.

Did it get that way via non-resident or resident introduced?

This is also an issue on the Federal level.
It was caused by people traveling back and forth to other states, both res and non-res. Blaine county is a resort area, the home of Sun Valley, and it gets a lot of people from other states coming and going. This move is hoping to reduce incoming bugs like those that have turned Blaine County into one of the highest rates in the world, not just in the US.
I can see what the gov is trying to do, hold travel to a minimum. How successful it will be in limiting virus cases remains to be seen and maybe will never be known.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We just had a whole case, first one, in the county I farm in. We aren't Ada, Canyon or Blaine county. Idiots from Blaine county can come and fish, but the good people from Logan just across the border can't?

I think it's high time for some more precision lock downs. Like locking people INTO urban s#itholes, rather than blanket lock outs.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well I know one things for sure. It's going to put a damper on our Rock Chuck hunting up there this year.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Washington, which has a high infection rate, borders Idaho. Thousands of of Washington residents hunt, fish, hike in Idaho. Sounds smart to me to temporarily shut down .

Last edited by ribka; 04/05/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka

Washington, which has a high infection rate, borders Idaho. Thousands of of Washington residents hunt, fish, hike in Idaho. Sounds smart to me to temporarily shut down .

This^^^^^^

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They can control hunting and fishing but not hiking. Most of that is on federal land and it's all open. Only campgrounds, boat docks, and the like are closed. I'm not worried about hikers, though. They come to get away from people, not to crowd in with the locals.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, the Georgia Governor, instituted stay-at-home orders a day ago.

Two (2) days ago, he over-ruled local stay-at-home and beach closure orders, saying there's no problem. Yesterday, he issued a state-wide stay-at-home ordered explaining that he and state officials were just "finding out that this virus is now transmitting before people see signs,".

Gee, the rest of the nation knew this was fact 2+ months ago when cruise ships were reporting new cases, the rest of world was saying it and, Dr. Antony Fauci was pleading for stay-at-home policies in press conferences with the President.

I guess that Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp just learned to read! Ain't edukaton grate? smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I see shutting down Blaine County, but the rest of the state is paying the price. Way too many unemployed for each person that's sick. This will be extremely hard on the economy. People have no idea, how much is being affected. Go to any restaurant before this started and they have substantial business, especially on weekends. The big mall I drove by on Fairview and Eagle was completely empty of cars. People aren't buying gas so that's effected. I think the governor succumbed to media pressure. I'm extremely disappointed in him. He's governing by the old finger in the air.

Several hundred people are out of work for every one with the virus. Governor has bought into the conversion to communism the media pushes. IMO.

As an outsider, Blaine county restrictions would appear to have some merit, considering all the people that would come from outside to infect locals (e.g: KA, WA).

We're seeing the same type of petri dish evolve here in my neck of the south of south from NYC'ers and NJ'ers running from their schitholes of choice.

But, shutdown the entire rest of the state of ID? Nah. Don't see it. As has been repeated by some expurtz, the strategies need to evolve or there's going to be far more residual damage to our economy. The Chins won't mind that..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
841 members (1234, 12344mag, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 3,244 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,249
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.