Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Idaho has one of the mildest virus infections yet the state is on lockdown. now they have kiboshed the hunting and fishing for non residents. I seems extreme I have family in a small town in southern idaho and it seems pretty rediculous to have them on a lock down. I have watched the guy on TV and he seems like a boob, Idaho members, right or wrong, what do you think of your governor?

Washington, which has a high infection rate, borders Idaho. Thousands of of Washington residents hunt, fish, hike in Idaho. Sounds smart to me to temporarily shut down .

I believe that that is what the logic was.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
We just had a whole case, first one, in the county I farm in. We aren't Ada, Canyon or Blaine county. Idiots from Blaine county can come and fish, but the good people from Logan just across the border can't?

I think it's high time for some more precision lock downs. Like locking people INTO urban s#itholes, rather than blanket lock outs.

I kinda lean toward sheltering those in the high risk category.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Idaho has one of the mildest virus infections yet the state....

Do you want to keep it that way?

Obviously you are not a real cowboy. You don't close the barn door AFTER the horses have all gotten out.....

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/05/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
surge caused by Sun Valley partiers from California.

Gov. signed bill ok constitutional carry in Idaho.

removed and continuing to remove centralized control (socialized) of medicine prior to virus, allowing control to back to business owners, instead of central committees

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have no problems with the governors action so far...

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Washington, which has a high infection rate, borders Idaho. Thousands of of Washington residents hunt, fish, hike in Idaho. Sounds smart to me to temporarily shut down .

Times 10...

Ada county is not far off from Blaine county and spreading fast...I agree it should be shut down but the problem is,not everyone is following it..The rural hospitals are not equipped like the big boys and chances of mistakes are far greater..Last time I looked,Idaho was right at 1100 cases confirmed...The governor was bashed for not acting earlier,now that he acted,he is still getting bashed even by a crazy sheriff in Bonner county..

Atleast he is trying,not ignoring..

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The majority was Boise/Washington state and Montana plates following social distancing..NOT..About a week ago..

Combat fishing..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It almost sounds like some people think Idaho should wait until they have many more cases before they try and limit visitors. I think trying to stay ahead of the curve is a good idea. I also agree with the concept of keeping people from infected urban areas out of rural areas which are virus free. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I a an idaho resident and federally accredited veterinarian.

If I signed a health certificate for cattle coming in or out of this state with a viral disease that there is no vaccine for.

I would be swinging from a rope.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I would close all borders to tourists.

Last edited by Angus1895; 04/05/20.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895

If I signed a health certificate for cattle coming in or out of this state with a viral disease that there is no vaccine for.

amen!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
The majority was Boise/Washington state and Montana plates following social distancing..NOT..About a week ago..

Combat fishing..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
all labs matter

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Angus1895

A lot of small towns need to do exactly this. They are not equipped to deal with large outbreaks.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
We just had a whole case, first one, in the county I farm in. We aren't Ada, Canyon or Blaine county. Idiots from Blaine county can come and fish, but the good people from Logan just across the border can't?

I think it's high time for some more precision lock downs. Like locking people INTO urban s#itholes, rather than blanket lock outs.

Soylent Green.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Well, the Georgia Governor, instituted stay-at-home orders a day ago.

Two (2) days ago, he over-ruled local stay-at-home and beach closure orders, saying there's no problem. Yesterday, he issued a state-wide stay-at-home ordered explaining that he and state officials were just "finding out that this virus is now transmitting before people see signs,".

Gee, the rest of the nation knew this was fact 2+ months ago when cruise ships were reporting new cases, the rest of world was saying it and, Dr. Antony Fauci was pleading for stay-at-home policies in press conferences with the President.

I guess that Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp just learned to read! Ain't edukaton grate? smile

You totally misrepresented the situation with our governor, and the State of Georgia.

We have been virtually locked down here since March 25th. Traffic on the streets is light, most businesses have been closed for more than 10 days, schools have been shut down for more than two weeks as are the colleges and they are closed for the semester.. So while Kemp didn't issue a stay at home order until April 3, its not like people are out and about.

Next, the Governor has let counties and municipaliies make decisions for themselves. Georgia still has 10+ counties with 0 cases reported. Why should people there be locked down?

Have a look at this map and you'll quickly see that cases in Georgia center around Rome, Albany, and Metro Atlanta. Rome and Albany outbreaks have been traced back to a funeral and a church group.

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/coronavirus/article241232586.html

A majority of counties are reporting less than 20 cases per county. The spike in Chatham an Richmond counties is due to the hospitals in Augusta and Savanah. I have no issue with the way my Governor has acted so far.

This is like me taking a swipe at Colorado saying they are more worried about political Correctness ad social engineering than public health based on this from the state website (clear shot at Trump and his China Virus quip):

https://covid19.colorado.gov/stop-spread-racism

Stop the spread of racism

Viruses don't discriminate and neither should we.

As the COVID-19 disease continues to spread rapidly, countries all over the world are taking extreme measures to slow its growth. However, a more alarming trend is also emerging: violence, bullying, and harassment directed toward people of Asian descent in the United States. There is an uptick in recently reported incidents of violence against Asian Americans, including a teenager being physically assaulted and a family of four stabbed while trying to buy groceries. Though the initial spread of COVID-19 occurred in China, it is important that we increase awareness that the disease is linked to a geographic location and not to a race or nationality. We must call out harmful language and behavior and do all we can to stop it. We all have an obligation to treat everyone with dignity; associating whole groups of people with events that occur in different parts of the world is dangerous to individuals and families in our communities.

It is unacceptable when our neighbors are scared to go to the grocery store or take a walk for fear of being targeted. But the question is: What can we do about it? Below are a few suggestions:

Model inclusion and compassion.

Avoid making negative statements about any racial, ethnic, or religious group. Reach out to your neighbors and colleagues who might feel at risk because of their ethnicity, religion, or other traits.

Provide accurate information.

Providing accurate information about people, events, and culture is important. This is especially important when news reports have negative statements about any specific group.

Avoid stereotyping people or countries.

In order to avoid creating prejudice and mistrust, don’t focus on the nationality, ethnicity, or appearance of those who live where COVID-19 originated.

Stop any type of harassment or bullying immediately.

Speak up when you hear, see, or read discriminatory comments, particularly on social media.

In the end, let’s remember that stigma will not fight COVID-19, but sharing accurate information will. Calling it a 'Chinese virus' only encourages stereotyping, anger, and harassment against people of Asian descent at a time when we should all be working together to get through this public health crisis.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Of course he misrepresented what’s going on in Georgia. Would you seriously expect anything else from his like?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I asked this because Idaho should be handeling things like Utah here. Guidelines issued but done mainly at a request. We have a hot spot too in summit county. Same deal a ski resort area with quite a few travelers. We are seeing the health department being used to close certain businesses. We are seeing state and national parks closed. What I have big problems with is the closure of certain recreational areas where social distancing is easy. Ie lake Powell boat ramps. We are Also seeing the attempt to control camping on public lands which is BS. Idaho’s crisis management should be localized not state wide. Listening to the Idaho governor speak. I wasn’t real impressed. Keep in mind I think our governor is also a weak leader

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Well I know one things for sure. It's going to put a damper on our Rock Chuck hunting up there this year.

I'll take care of that for you.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (160user, 338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,578 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,592
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.