Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Anyone is one use one for revolver Cary..
I would like to carry my 629 or 19 around the farm on 4 wheeler and such but belt carry just doesn't work well..
Esp when I'm running fence

BP-B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Yes...for hunting and on my offroad bikes they are very comfortable.

I have four of these in different sizes that will fit 90% of my guns...not very expensive, AMERICAN made and very high quality. Another one many people like is the El Paso Saddlery TANKER model....they can be had for the $100 range...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandolier-Shoulder-Holster-for-4-REV-FITS-RUGER-S-W/350777552849?hash=item51abf8afd1:g:1C0AAOxyhlJRdt66

Just used this same one on a hunting trip in Texas when we were driving around in a two-seater with a 4" S&W 657...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have a couple of the e-bay specials that RJM posted the link to. I'll use them for carrying the 7 1/2" BH Hunter but generally prefer a smaller gun in a belt holster. Dependent on what I'll be doing as to if it will be strong side or crossdraw. I do prefer a thumb snap in case there is a tumble from the tractor or four wheeler.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thinking cross draw ..

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
The eBay link didn't work...

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Look at alien gear.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco

Copy and paste it into a browser window. It works then.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one that I use for an 8" S&W 657. It mostly works well, some times it will start to bug me around my neck (In combination with my winter coat and day back, it can get to be a bit much at times)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thinking cross draw ..

The advantages of the chest carry rig are numerous. One is that it's very adjustable. You can position it as high or low as you want and how far around front or back you want. It is easy to get comfortable.

The chest rig is super fast off and on in case you want to be rid of it quickly. Stopping at the gas station restroom with the need to run in for an unexpected relief stop it might be easier to slip the chest carry rig off than a belt holster. Running into the Post Office or the like, stops like that where easy on and off matter.

A feature I appreciate is the ability to adjust it to whatever clothing you are wearing and current weather conditions. You can wear it over a thin t shirt or over the bulky cold weather jacket. If it is raining or snowing the gun can be worn under a jacket or rain suit jacket and yet still be accessible quickly. Jump on the quad in dusty conditions and just throw a shirt or jacket over the rig. Super versatile.

Regarding accessibility, should you find yourself pinned on the ground the gun is right there on your chest. I have been pinned on my back before and if it would have came to it my strong side belt holster handgun was hard pressed into the ground under me. No way could I have pulled my pistol no matter how desperately I may have needed it. I was fortunate to resolve my issue with a five D cell Maglight using the old school mash 'em technique. Later I had to clean mud and fine grit out of my pistol magwell and grips that got packed in during the tussle. In a hunting situation the same thing could happen if a big hairy long clawed, sharp toothed critter got you down. The chest rig keeps the gun under your hands instead of off to the side as a strong side belt holster does.

And for working I find the chest rig very comfortable. I use the gutless, debone, quarter and backpack out method to get my game out of the timber. I have never noticed my handgun in my chest rig when working on game. It is there, but not in the way ever and has never bothered me while doing the work. My experiences and thoughts on the chest rig.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here's the one I want for my Mountain Gun:

Kenai Chest Holster

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
No doubt the chest rig would be the best if a guy was hunting or in bear country...
My situation is a little different ..no bears an not really a need for personal defence...I want to be able to sling it off and hang it on the handle bars when I'm working fence..
Try squeezing throu a barbwire fence with a side arm It doesn't work well...or cutting brush with a chain saw..
My needs are skunks rabid coons coyotes and such...357 for that. Then switch to ,44 during deer season
I did find some wolf tracks this winter in the snow..they have been known to travel through here at times..

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I like tanker/bandolier style holsters, especially horseback or on a four wheeler. As has been said easy on, easy off. Out of the way of binos. I carry a little Ruger mk II in an El Paso Saddlery Tanker and a N frame in a holster similar to a Montana holster.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url

[url=https://postimages.org/][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Trying again....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandolier-Shoulder-Holster-for-4-REV-FITS-RUGER-S-W/350777552849?hash=item51abf8afd1:g:1C0AAOxyhlJRdt66

If the direct link doesn't work highlight it and right click to open in another tab...

Still not working...ebay # 350777552849

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
640 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.