J
[Linked Image from encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com]

here is with his medals.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i have faith but don't attend any church, saw to many hypocrites there when i was young and did go.

Yup ........ God's going to hear a lot of excuses in the end.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Yes.!........... Send your money to God!....... Make the check out to me...... Here's my address....................................

Well, he's got bills to pay also. And, he needs more money to buy jet fuel, Ferrari's, new suits, etc.

Keep on sending that money in.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i have faith but don't attend any church, saw to many hypocrites there when i was young and did go.

Mark 2:17
New International Version
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
I got in a bit of a controversy at a business meeting of the Southern Baptist Church I attend when I took issue with the preacher about his previous Sunday sermon exhorting the members to tithe and he tied it to all income, gross income at that. He used the book of Malachi quoting "will a man rob God". I told him that tithing was strictly tied to the produce of the land to support the Levite priesthood. The Levites ran the whole country and did not receive an inheritance as did the other 12 tribes. I pointed out that wages were not tithed, neither fishing or mining. Also I pointed out that Malachi was accusing the priests of robbing, not the ones who tithed and gave offerings. I told him there were poor people in the congregation that did good to give $5 and that was more than me giving $1000. I pointed out that we had a man sitting in there with total kidney failure struggling to get by on well earned SS disability. He wouldn't back down and waved his bible at me saying he wouldn't apologize for preaching God's word. I told him he needed to read it first and that if wanted a tithe from me he had best be building some corrals. Darned if another retired preacher in the congregation didn't fall in and tell me that Abraham had tithed pre covenant. I said that's right he gave Sodom's goods in tithe not his own money and then returned the 90% back over to Sodom along with the captives. Anyway there hasn't been another sermon on tithing.

Good on you for calling him out. I think someone ( a leader in your church) waving a bible in my face would be enough to find another church. The preacher sounds like a dick and not a decent human being with charity in his heart. You can find justification from stealing to murder in the Bible. Maybe you should remind him that the church should start paying its taxes to support the roads that enable the parishioners to get to church, their electricity, water etc all subsidized by tax payers who don't attend church.

Last edited by ribka; 04/05/20.
IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Kenneth Copeland's net worth is about $760million!

Pretty good for a man of the cloth!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I had a nice little basement apartment in an old Victorian mansion back when I was between wives about 25 years ago. I'd get home from work about 3:30AM.

For a while there,..my routine was to get home,...fix a drink,...or two,....or three,....then watch Robert Tilton beg for money by speaking in tongues on the TV.

It was always good for a laugh.

Once or twice a week I'd call the number that was shown on the TV and tell whoever answered that they were going to hell.

It was always a black woman. You could tell from the way they talked.

They would respond by launching into hollering that Negro "praise the lord" stuff when I would tell them that they're going to hell for participating in that Robert Tilton charade.

They'd start to slow down and I'd say,..."It's gonna be hot!",..and they'd take off again.

They'd eventually hang up.

It didn't take much to amuse me at 3:30 AM after working a 10 hour shift back then.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I had a nice little basement apartment in an old Victorian mansion back when I was between wives. I'd get home from work about 3:30AM.

For a while there,..my routine was to get home,...fix a drink,...or two,....or three,....then watch Robert Tilton beg for money by speaking in tongues on the TV.

It was always good for a laugh.

Once or twice a week I'd call the number that was shown on the TV and tell whoever answered that they were going to hell.

It was always a black woman. You could tell from the way they talked.

They would respond by launching into hollering that Negro "praise the lord" stuff when I would tell them that they're going to hell for participating in that Robert Tilton charade.

They'd start to slow down and I'd say,..."It's gonna be hot!",..and they'd take off again.

They'd eventually hang up.

It didn't take much to amuse me at 3:30 AM after working a 10 hour shift back then.

Great story........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Great story........

I'd like to do it again.

I wonder if they're still hustling money on TV by running those old Robert Tilton tapes?

I'm not going to stay up until 3: 30AM, however.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
religion is very much a business in most parts, its why my faith is so hated by so many in the south, because we have no paid clergy. They don't want members asking the preacher, dude why are we having to pay you,

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 04/05/20.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This guy:

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why deal with any of these middlemen?

Folks seem to lose track of their brains and forget that everything you see on TV is BS anyway...

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Robert Tilton is a real piece of schit.
I remember when he had the Word of Faith Church in metro Dallas.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Copeland. mad What a piece of schit.

Last edited by Tarquin; 04/05/20.

Tarquin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by antlers
Robert Tilton is a real piece of schit.

I wonder what happened to him.

I haven't seen him on TV since those days 25 years ago,....and they had him on tape during the wee hours of the morning even way back then.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Copeland needs his fleet of corporate jets
now more than ever.

he says he won't fly commercial cause of all the
demons lurking in the cabin, compounded with
covid 19...

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Deans
Now the only television preacher I watch with any consistency is
Dr Charles Stanley.

Very good choice. You’d really like David Jeremiah then.

Your two and D. James Kennedy Ministries along with Hal Lindsey I find very worthwhile to listen to each of the four.

Kennedy Ministries has a landmark lawsuit filed against the ACLU for labeling the Ministry as a hate organization for their stand on traditional marriage.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman
Copeland needs his fleet of corporate jets
now more than ever.

he says he won't fly commercial cause of all the
demons lurking in the cabin, compounded with
covid 19...

Hear hear, starman.

If you suggest it to Copeland im betting he’ll use it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don’t judge God in His Heavens by those who claim to know Him and speak for Him when their actions are distasteful, disgusting, insensitive and what ever else they may. That’s nothing new. Hearts are out of bounds, but we certainly can judge words and actions and even intent. Those have nothing to do with who God is.

He isn’t responsible for the little gold-diggers that swirl around His feet. People always want to decry God because the people associated with Him — those that steal, lie, commit adultery, but It’s small thinking as we have no reference other then the scriptures for who and what God is, and that is incomprehensible.

Christ came to save the world, those who would believe and obey. The next stop, He comes as the Lion of Judah and as a judge and you can believe ever injustice, seen or not seen, great or small of every age, will be laid bare.

Every knee will confess; every knee will bow and there will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth. It will not be as the mild-mannered Christ of some two thousand years ago. It will be the end.

No, the opiate of the people which Marx, would gladly, share about if he could, is the lulling one’s mind into an attitude of indifference or rejection, and self-service, rejecting the gift of eternal life. This week is about what Christ did to purchase that very expensive gift for us — that payment for our sins. It’s free to us. You reject it and you pay.

Go to Christ now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you pay grocery stores to feed you dont you?

ever think what these preachers do in a course of a day to feed and help the needy?
where do you think it comes from?

you can bend the word any way you want....but GOD keeps tabs on the books. let him.
you just do what is commanded of you.

big mistake the world makes is to think 10% belongs to GOD.
wrong..................its all his. he just wants to see if you can handle giving back 10% of it. which seems to be too much for most.
but not for a new fishing boat, ammo, guns, hunting, or vacations.

ponder this.GODS hard drive never erases.
so weigh the words youre about to type very carefully.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.