Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Over the past week I've become more bored, and seen some "sports" on TV that I didn't know existed.....

1. Professional Cornhole tournaments
2. Professional dart competitions
3. Professional ax throwing tournaments

Were these "sports" and competitions manufactured so even the non athletic dorks and nerds could find something to compete in? I could have swore I saw Elkslayer throwing axes.......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Over the past week I've become more bored, and seen some "sports" on TV that I didn't know existed.....

Were these "sports" and competitions manufactured so even the non athletic dorks and nerds could find something to compete in? I could have swore I saw Elkslayer throwing axes.......

I figured him for a Cornholer.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
He does the sword swallowing competitions. You watching ESPN8 the ocho?

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've never heard of a bean bag game called cornhole. The name has always had other less 'entertaining' connotations that are distinctly not social isolation.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've never heard of a bean bag game called cornhole. The name has always had other less 'entertaining' connotations that are distinctly not social isolation.

Another instance of reassigning the meaning of a word to confuse us old people, such as in the case of thongs.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Never heard of it in Florida. Not long after I moved to Tennessee, I had a chick ask me if I liked Cornhole. I must admit I was at a loss for the proper response..............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Never heard of it in Florida. Not long after I moved to Tennessee, I had a chick ask me if I liked Cornhole. I must admit I was at a loss for the proper response..............

THAT is funny! Musta been about thirty or forty responses per second going through your head.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marble racing is the new thing.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Did you tell her that was a quuer term?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Supposedly throwing shucked ears through a hole into thr trailer or whatever. It still bothers me to see it

The major sports are afraid we will find out we dont need to watch some overpaid people do things

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I figured him for a Cornholer.

antelope sniper;
Good evening to you sir, I trust that all things taken into account that this finds you and yours well.

Thanks for the chuckle this evening sir, in this strange time we find ourselves in sometimes a modicum of levity can be a precious commodity, you know?

If I'm allowed to share a tad, where I grew up in Saskatchewan that was not a commonly used euphemism for folks who had the proclivity for that sort of activity. Oh my goodness we had names for such folks and activities, but that wasn't one.

When we moved to BC in the early '80's one of the "gentlemen" I met early on was a chap who would become a shooting and hand loading mentor and good friend for the next 22 years.

Very quickly after I met him, he informed me that he was "on the wagon" and had been "pretty much drunk for 15 years".... which made us an interesting pair of compatriots many days as although I had my moments for sure, they didn't last quite that long and I'd turned to my beliefs to help me navigate the vagaries of life.

We very much respected each other's beliefs and life style, although as a hard core disciple of Saint Jack O'Connor he'd ride me hard about hunting with a .30-06 and "allowing" my wife to hunt with a .308 carbine - he hated all 3 of those combinations bitterly and wouldn't hesitate to tell me that.

Anyway, every once in awhile I'd let some Christian vernacular out and he'd look at me and ask, "What the hell did you just say Dwayne?" and of course the reverse was true, but I'd usually just laugh about that combination of anatomical conclusions being physically unlikely.

It was my late and much missed buddy Willy then who introduced me to the term "cornholer" and when he first used it and most times after I always found it funny somehow.

Thanks kindly sir then for taking me down a very pleasant path in my memory tonight, I very much appreciate it. Truly that's maybe how we best live on - in the memories of the friends we leave behind, no?

All the best to you folks sir - stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I can throw a tomahawk.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like the cornhole game. Fun to drink beer and cornhole.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I can throw a tomahawk.

Me too. Just can't hit shit with one. I do hit the ground most often at least.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I can throw a tomahawk.

That dont surprise me.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cornhole?

Coyotes shot no waiting.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If anyone is interested - I found listed:

Cornhole Boards | Best Price Guarantee at DICK'S

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I haven't noticed?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've never heard of a bean bag game called cornhole. .

Dang

Don’t ya ever go to the beach, tailgate party, in the last 20 years ??

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I went crazy and bought the Pandora Upgrade for 10 dollars.

Its pretty nice....I got it at Walmart......

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 224th, 53 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.