Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Very cool. The biggest suprise was rabbies with 162!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Where have all the deniers gone?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aliens got them.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Yet there are still those who oppose isolation measures and think this whole thing is nothing more that media driven hysteria. I spent a 30+ year career in medicine and I can tell you from first hand experience that death by pulmonary failure is a horrible ugly death.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The good news MAY be that infection and death growth rates appear to be slowing down. Or we could just be seeing a lack of reporting over the weekend.

The death count hit 6000 on 4/02. The doubling rate of four days would have put the US to 12,000 deaths by 4/06.

With a little help from providence, perhaps we will fall short of that number.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Been telling people 90% of this virus thing is a sham. But now I do believe we have some kinda secret society that controls the affair of this world. They own the media.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It is only going to get worse. People are starting to panic in NY now and are leaving.. there is no place to go as it will follow you. food , fuel, will be the first to run out.. then the chitt will hit the fan.. I always knew this would happen.... by by bitches.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They can't go West from NYC.
A congressman was just on Fox saying Pa isn't letting them in.
I don't blame people for trying to get out. I would.
But I would stock up with supplies where I was, and hole
up at my getaway.

You know damn well people were just bailing out. Shopping in a hot spot
exposed them more. And of course, they just knew THEY were clean.
So....They spread it as soon as they got to the "safe" area.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hubert
It is only going to get worse. People are starting to panic in NY now and are leaving.. there is no place to go as it will follow you. food , fuel, will be the first to run out.. then the chitt will hit the fan.. I always knew this would happen.... by by bitches.

Ok? Guess they're coming Into PA. Haven't seen any here. Zero cases in the county where the cabin sits and we're going every weekend now that turkey seasons in.
40+/- cases in the city/county we live in, population 80,500.
Infection rate of .00049 and no deaths yet.
Grocery stores stocked, and I don't see fuel running out any time soon with massive inventory that's building now.

Quit acting hysterical. If you're not in NYC or it's wake, the biggest concern should be economic.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When’s the new season of the Walking Dead start.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
But, but, the Fire guys said it was just a bad flu. And, and, they said it was a mutation of flu particles in a bat. Anything else was a conspiracy theory.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Slave owners and Nazis!!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bullshit. In NY city alone, the daily death toll far exceeds that.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New Yorkers were quick to tell anyone how great it is to live there and how we're all rubes for not doing so.

funny how that works out

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm not a coronavirus denier. I'm also not a flu denier, a car accident denier, a heart attack denier, stroke denier, etc.....
I just don't happen to think that the world is going to end. Coronavirus isn't going to get us all. Yes, it's a real bitch for older people, especially those with preexisting conditions, but for most people it doesn't pose a serious risk. It can cause permanent lung damage, but again, mostly in old people who have preexisting lung problems.

I know "IT'S NOT THE FLU", but the flu is really likely the best comparison for the coronavirus. They are both viruses. They both spread in the same manner. They have similar and overlapping symptoms. Despite the fact that we have herd immunity to the flu, and vaccines for the flu, people still die from the flu. You flu deniers may think otherwise, but the tens of thousands of U.S. citizens who die every year from the flu really are dead. Just as dead as if they had died from the coronavirus.

Coronavirus is very serious. The flu is very serious. They both can kill a lot of people. As far as I can determine, the flu might actually be more dangerous for young, healthy people than coronavirus. Could be wrong, but that's what I think I'm seeing. We can probably all agree that Italy has been a real goat screw with regards to the coronavirus. They are at almost 16,000 dead. They aren't done yet, but still they haven't surpassed their average annual flu deaths. Perspective. They will most certainly pass flu deaths before they are done, but keep in mind that they have herd immunity to the flu and vaccines for the flu.

Going forward, do we destroy the whole economy every time something new comes along and scares us? Would we have been better off asking older people and people with certain health issues to quarantine, instead of virtually everyone? Yes, I understand that some young people who have no known medical problems are getting serious cases of coronavirus and some of them are dying. That really sucks, but there are young healthy people who get the flu and die each year. Some young, healthy people die in car accidents every day. It all sucks. Unfortunately, it's all part of life. We don't, or didn't, shut the economy down over it.

I could certainly be wrong (I sure hope I'm not), but I don't think our coronavirus deaths will exceed our average flu deaths this year. Hopefully by next year we will have a herd immunity and vaccines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The real plague is the city people fleeing to the country..... all of the sudden being among the "deplorable's " isn't so bad...... funny how that works

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by acy
I'm not a coronavirus denier. I'm also not a flu denier, a car accident denier, a heart attack denier, stroke denier, etc.....

You people have access to the greatest educational opportunities in history. I don’t understand how you can still be this way.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
On the chart that's not the daily average per year for corona. That's not even the daily average over the last 60 days.

Kent

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
This is fear mongering at its worst. Take a one day total, imply that it's a daily average, and compare it to stuff that's been killing that many people, every day, for decades or centuries.

The virus will continue to spread until we reach herd immunity. That will take longer with the lockdown. The lockdown itself will be responsible for many deaths. But the country has chosen that path, based on faulty models.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

561 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,148 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,880
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.