Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The other day I was following a car past the closed school because I needed to go to town for something. The speed limit on this rural road is 45MPH. On school days, which there aren't any until May 1, the speed is 20MPH. For some reason known only to a Democrat he slowed to 30MPH. How do I know the driver was a Democrat? Because a normal person would not slow down part way in a school zone when there wasn't a child nor adult to be seen. A normal person would slow down to 20MPH if they didn't realize there is no school, but would continue at 45MPH otherwise.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rich my buddy and I text each other almost daily during the week about drivers here. "32 in a 45, never gets old!" or some such. I think southern Oregon got an extra helping of stupid.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
The other day I was following a car past the closed school because I needed to go to town for something. The speed limit on this rural road is 45MPH. On school days, which there aren't any until May 1, the speed is 20MPH. For some reason known only to a Democrat he slowed to 30MPH. How do I know the driver was a Democrat? Because a normal person would not slow down part way in a school zone when there wasn't a child nor adult to be seen. A normal person would slow down to 20MPH if they didn't realize there is no school, but would continue at 45MPH otherwise.

Could have been a Republican woman!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unlicensed illegals drive slowly around here.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Unlicensed illegals drive slowly around here.

Same here.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Rich my buddy and I text each other almost daily during the week about drivers here. "32 in a 45, never gets old!" or some such. I think southern Oregon got an extra helping of stupid.

Ohhh nooo, Fireball. Hell no.

Come on down to Louisiana. I believe that the drivers in Baton Rouge will make a believer out of you and make you realize how fortunate you are to be there.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My buddy's kid had to do a school project.
He sat shotgun with the police while they clocked people in his neighborhood.

The highest average speed (by demographic) in a neighborhood 25 mph?
50mph by soccer moms...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I drove slow when I had been drinking.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
We have more than our fair share of local idiots on the roads here, but during normal summers, the lakes in the area attract a large amount of imbeciles from across the state line.

But out of all of them, I have to say the worst drivers seem to be the Tennesseans. 20 below the speed limit in the fast lane, or 30 over the limit and they are passing you in a no-passing zone. You get one or the other, no in-between.

I think Nashville traffic drives them all insane when it comes to driving.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
The highest average speed (by demographic) in a neighborhood 25 mph?
50mph by soccer moms...

I live on a non-through street, it's 1-block long then cut off on both ends by a perpendicular street and houses. Young lady on the very end of the street had 3 kids under 6. Will drive ~40MPH down our street, texting. I've twice asked her to politely slow down, it works for about a week. More recently, I spoke with her husband and asked him to speak with her about it. That's worked better, mostly I think he told her to stop driving up/down the road and use the perpendicular road. Once we get through this social distancing stuff, our kids and the kids across the street play together every day. She does the fast-driving/texting thing again with all of the kids out playing and the conversation is going to get much shorter and more pointed.

Wouldn't think it'd be so hard for a mom with young kids........

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sounds like a midnight recon mission with an ice pick might be in order. It's surprising how well four flat tires serve to limit speeders to a saner rate of travel!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
I kinda stated paying attention to speeders when we are on cross country trips. I always run 5 to 10 over posted limit. Younger girls are the worst offenders passing me . Most drive Toyotas. I don’t care but I’m guessing either daddy foots the bill or the boyfriend for tickets. Ed k

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you OK, do you have somebody you can talk to?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Sounds like a midnight recon mission with an ice pick might be in order. It's surprising how well four flat tires serve to limit speeders to a saner rate of travel!
Jerry

No need for an ice-pick if one knows how to operate a valve-stem tool. Similar results sans the property damage.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mostly 78-85 on the way home last week, but the people that raise everyone's blood pressure are the 100 mph big engine Dodge guys darting in and out of lanes or the ones doing the NASCAR spacing trying to intimidate you to go even faster. We have 30,000 deer here that get killed by vehicles every year, but if we use our Midwest spacing down south where they don't seem to have any concept of maintaining a safe driving distance, people fill it in. Is it any wonder people pile into each other real regularly there and every other TV commercial down south is a personal injury law firm.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Twice a year I have to make the drive either South or North along 1-15 through the Wasatch Front of Utah , from North of Ogden to South of Farmington, a distance of over 100 miles of 4-6 lane high speed urban interstate highway.

I am certain beyond any doubt that Utah drivers are convinced they are going to Heaven, they drive like they have no fear of death.

White knuckle city the whole way.. eek

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
..................Any oriental drivers up there?? They are the worst drivers here in So Cal.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 64 invisible), 2,972 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,148
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.