Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Glynn Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Going to get tires for the 2010 F-150 here in a few weeks, maybe some new wheels too. So I stopped at Discount tire today to see what they would say about the difference between the Falken AT3's and Hankook dynapros.

Instead he recommended their proprietary tire, the Pathfinder AT (hankook makes it). It looks good but is lower priced than either of the other tires. Do they just make out like big dogs on these somehow from the manufacturer? My research afterwards brought up their stores nationwide pushing these instead of the others as well. Reviews look real good on it for the price.

Anybody run these tires?

BP-B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I went through this a couple of months ago. I ended up finding take off tires and rims with 8000 miles on them for $400 on FB Marketplace. Tires were Michelins. Would have cost me $1000 for tires alone. Be patient and check FB Marketplace often. It did cost me $100 to get sensors swapped. So $500 all in. I will probably do it this way from no on.
I know it's not what you asked specifically but this was my experience.

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been in both situation mentioned above.
I have had really good deals on FB/market place, used or take offs. Just got my daughter some alloys wheels and Michelin’s (like new) with the tpms for $400.
I have had hankook on my Ridgeline and they wore well and plenty of traction. Would buy them again.
My current ram 2500 Cummins has the falkens and out of all the tires I’ve had on my diesels in last 15 years. I like these the best.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Hankook Pathfinder AT are reported to be very good tires. So I would follow his advice and get them.

I think that they are identical to the "discontinued" Hankook Dynapro AT.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

for me

Goodyear Ultra Terrain.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Glynn
Going to get tires for the 2010 F-150 here in a few weeks, maybe some new wheels too. So I stopped at Discount tire today to see what they would say about the difference between the Falken AT3's and Hankook dynapros.

Instead he recommended their proprietary tire, the Pathfinder AT (hankook makes it). It looks good but is lower priced than either of the other tires. Do they just make out like big dogs on these somehow from the manufacturer? My research afterwards brought up their stores nationwide pushing these instead of the others as well. Reviews look real good on it for the price.

Anybody run these tires?

I’ve had a set for over a year now. So far, so good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
tag

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Buy the Goodyear’s, last 70,000 miles plus!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Here is what I found out about Hankook tires. I bought a set of Dyna Pro ATM's at the advice of my tire dealer. They were terrible. They are made overseas, Chine-Korea-etc. The main issue I had with them was the sidewalls, like paper thin. I run a wildlife control business and put 35 K miles a year on my truck in the city. Never have I rubbed a curb and cut a sidewall in 30 years. In one summer I cut the sidewalls on 3 of these just rubbing curbs, and the edges of driveways.( I know I am getting old, and should pay closer attention). Also, the dealer pushes these because if they sell enough volume of them, they get kick back/rebate money from the manufacturers. Depending on how aggressive a tire you are looking for, we have run Cooper STT Pro's for a while now, and they are holding up very well.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Got a great deal on discount tire's Pathfinder truck tire. about 35 K on them now. Quite a bit of towing and off road

Paid around $800 for everything including free replacement warranty. I did quite a bit of research and talked to guys that knew tires and was suggested these tires. I've paid over $1000 for truck tires to have them last only about 40k.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/pathfinder-at

Ive run., good years, Cooper, Michelin, toyos on work and personal trucks, suv's and think this is currently best truck tire for the money.
For an AT tire ride noise is pretty good.

A few friends bought them and very happy with quality.

Last edited by ribka; 04/06/20.
IC B3

G
Glynn Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I'm on pavement 90% of the time, but when I'm not I want a truck tire. Are the Goodyears pretty quiet?

There's some kind of fix in reviews. No matter how I word a search I almost always get the same ten or so tires mentioned.

For my old truck the Pathfinders sounded like a good deal for the money so figured someone here had tried them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Goodyear Dura Tracs

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nitto terra or trailgrappler

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I really like the Continental all terrains. Good traction and no highway noise with a 70k warranty.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was a big BFG guy for a long time but recently have been running Falken WIldpeak AT3's on my off-road vehicles and trucks. Free shipping from Amazon, pay some local shop $14 a wheel to mount and balance. Tread life, grip off road, noise, etc all outstanding.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by hanco
Buy the Goodyear’s, last 70,000 miles plus!

Seriously? I’m running BFG ATs and they are looking good at about 50k but if the good years are that durable I may switch!

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Ive never had decent luck with Goodyear anything but am open to another try

GOD Bless America
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Cooper At3. The only way to go.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What ever you get, make sure you get tires with milage warranty and keep up with rotations.
The pro rate will be worth it, as most AT tires don’t last as long as they say they will.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never had issue with private label (or non premium label such as general) tires made by a good tire company.

AT tires don't need supper trippy compounds since X-Files speeds are not an issue. Biggest selection factor I have found for ATs is noise. Noise means flex& friction, friction means heat. Heat wears out tires.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
281 members (007FJ, 160user, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,812
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.