24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For my heavy work I went Ram with the Cummins. One look under the hood of the Ford scared me, what a quagmire of hoses etc.... I can actually see the engine on my Ram.
For medium duty I have a Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 gas, a proven simple bulletproof workhorse. And it doesn't cost $700 to change the spark plugs... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
BP-B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by irfubar
For my heavy work I went Ram with the Cummins. One look under the hood of the Ford scared me, what a quagmire of hoses etc.... I can actually see the engine on my Ram.

Much of that quagmire is due to the reversed exhaust flow coming out the top and greatly shortening the distance exhaust must travel to spool up the turbo. That said, throttle response is "gas-like" as a result.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And your toyota helped feed the japs not Americans. You helped american economy when you bought the colorado.
Funny they make stupid excuses to buy that junk.makes me sick to see a old veteran riding around in a Toyota.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
If you buy a new truck every 3-5 years Fords are fine.
Really? That's weird.. Over the last few days on the highways I've seen at least a half-dozen that I know date to '72-'74.. Somehow (hard to believe I know) they're till running!!! WHO'da thunk it???

Y'all can bash Fords all ya wanna, but most of us who own 'em do so because at one time or another we made the mistake of trying GM.. BTDT - and never again..

Ordered this back in early Jan... Picked it up a month ago.. It's OK, Chevy owners - you can drool now... laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice truck.

Wait....Blackfart said gunsmiths barely make a living wage, himself included.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
If you buy a new truck every 3-5 years Fords are fine.
Really? That's weird.. Over the last few days on the highways I've seen at least a half-dozen that I know date to '72-'74.. Somehow (hard to believe I know) they're till running!!! WHO'da thunk it???

Y'all can bash Fords all ya wanna, but most of us who own 'em do so because at one time or another we made the mistake of trying GM.. BTDT - and never again..

Ordered this back in early Jan... Picked it up a month ago.. It's OK, Chevy owners - you can drool now... laugh laugh laugh

Nice truck.

Wait....Blackfart said gunsmiths barely make a living wage, himself included.
He's right... It's my WIFE who makes the big bux... laugh laugh

But she retires in 3 years - ergo, this is my LAST new truck..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I had a 6.0... Keep in mind that one was an IH engine - not from Ford.. It worked fine.. Had it seven years before I got the first 6.7... The worst motor IH every built for Ford was that pos 6.4L... You should try that 6.7L - you'll fight your inhibitions for months before you give in and buy one - but then your friends will disown ya..... laugh laugh

I bought a 06 Duramax because I blew my 2003 Ford 6.0 up and needed a truck. My brother bought a 2009 Ford 6.4 and it had wiring gremlins and 10 mpg. So I bought a 2011 Ram 3500 4x4 good truck, besides emission, a 2013 Ram 3500 4x4 good truck besides emissions, deleted it and my son still drives it daily 248k miles and very little problems, one front hub? Now I drive a 2006 Ford F350 4x4 with a 6.0, no emission problems or any other problems. I like Ford trucks but don't want a new diesel truck of any brand, the EPA has ruined them all.

Life is good live it while you can.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
They won't have enough truck totow the repos or enough lots to store the fleets of lease turn overs.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by srwshooter
And your toyota helped feed the japs not Americans. You helped american economy when you bought the colorado.
Funny they make stupid excuses to buy that junk.makes me sick to see a old veteran riding around in a Toyota.

You do know Toyotas are made in the US right? Other than that they're just a multi national company like the rest of them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The worst motor IH every built for Ford was that pos 6.4L...

Every single problem with the 6.4 can be traced back to the emissions equipment. The diesel for the DPF is injected into the back two cylinders on the exhaust stroke, some of it washes down the walls, diluting the oil, and messing up bearings and rocker arms. Also, Ford was recommending very long oil change intervals. Once that crap is dealt with, the 6.4 is just as reliable as any other modern diesel. One of my buddies is a farmer and he's put almost 300 K miles on his with no problems. Mine was deleted at about 65K miles when I got it and the dealership I got it from had records for semi-synthetic oil changes every 5K miles. I had a mechanic go through it with a fine tooth comb and it hadn't suffered any damage so I bought it. The DOC and DPF went safely into the barn, I put on a straight pipe, a DPF-R+ tuner with a pretty mild tune that ignores all the emissions programming, and a coolant filter. It pulls a 16K lb. equipment trailer and my toy hauler RV all summer. This thing makes so much power it is scary, and gets about 10 MPG pulling the RV. I registered it as a commercial motor vehicle under my own DOT number so no emissions checks.

I have been intrigued by the new Ford 7.3L gasser. My 6.4 makes double the torque, but it isn't going to last forever. According to the youtube crowd, there is a ton of power potential with that 7.3L gas, and the ten-speed tranny is evidently a jewel. That may well be my next rig.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Most problems with any engine can be caused by the gov't-mandated emissions crap.. Problem is, you had to spend a bunch of bux to get rid of it in order to have it work right.. It was still a guzzler though; friend of mine bought one and the best he could get was about 10 mpg.. And if the emissions crap is removed the warranty's void.. Lose an engine and bring a very large check to obtain a new one..

The farm I work for bought a used F-350 SRW with the 6.4.. If I would have known ahead of time that's what he was looking for I would have warned him to RUN away from it.. Long story short - he had it about six months and the engine took a dump.. Twelve grand later, he got it back. Within six months he noted the oil level was higher than it should. (Oh-oh).. Traded it immediately for a Dodge Ram with the Cummins.. So far - so good..

The new 6.7 in my previous '17 pulled my 19,000# 5th wheel easily enough and averaged about 9 mpg (camper tries to stop a lot of wind.. smile ). I've also heard good things about the 7.3 gas engine.. For those pulling trailers only a couple/three times/year it should be fine.. But I wonder what the gas mileage is when towing?

I'll be hooking up my camper in two weeks for a 4-day run to a campground in SW Wisconsin just to get away for a bit.. I can't wait to see how this new truck handles the load with the better gears and new 10-sp trans...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Everyone is doing zero percent financing on half tons but I am holding out for that deal in a 3/4 ton or 1 ton.

been watching fords, even checked internet for GM deals yesterday, didn't see anything great.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was hoping to find a good deal on my birthday.

This could be a very long birthday.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I called our local Ford dealer yesterday and informed him that we were gonna hold off on buying the pickup. Cattle are at what, 10 year lows(?), and this virus crap could be linkering and hurting the market for who knows how long.

That and my dad wants to buy a matching set of mid 1990's Ford(gasp) single axle farm trucks for hauling seed wheat. Local owner, they have always been shedded, etc...

And if there was a better made pickup than the F350 that's what we'd be using for work.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DMc
Thinking of buying an "older truck", with VENT WINDOWS...

I just purchased a ‘96 F-250 with 351engine. Using it for the farm and my sons lawn business. The kids were intrigued with the “vent windows”. I told them “no need for a/c with those. Working good so far.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I've been looking for a while and found this one in Wyoming the end of March. It was driven a little by the dealer and I ended up paying about 11% less than sticker. I put $500 down and financed the rest for 84 months at 0% interest. The cash I was going to spend is now in the market so depending on how the market does I may or may not have got a great deal. We took it for a test run to southern Utah last week

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
678 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,904 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.