Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
My neighbor had an interesting perspective on all of the media hype and coverage of this debacle in that it might be said and harped on just enough to burn it into America’s memory the dangers of outsourcing so much of what we’ve come to depend on from others, especially those who would gain from our difficulties.

(Apologies for the run on sentence)

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to entertain the thought that the other half of the population is teachable, but my more logical side won't let me embrace the folly. Still, it is fun to think about.

LOL
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
My neighbor had an interesting perspective on all of the media hype and coverage of this debacle in that it might be said and harped on just enough to burn it into America’s memory the dangers of outsourcing so much of what we’ve come to depend on from others, especially those who would gain from our difficulties.

Maybe just Maybe , but 2 years from now it will be forgotten, just like 9-11 and other teachable moments.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
The real question might be, how much of the US population was aware that even our Aspirins were being outsourced to places like China? And now that we do, what next?

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Try and buy a pair of boots not made elsewhere. For the most part, firearms and ammunition are about the only thing not totally outsourced to the chinks. But all our lead smelters are gone and guess where we get most lead these days? Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
You expect this from a populace that is hoarding toilet paper and thinks this virus floats around in the air like pollen? Ok.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WAM
Try and buy a pair of boots not made elsewhere

Why do you people keep posting this? There are several options for boots made in the USA.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Maybe just Maybe , but 2 years from now it will be forgotten, just like 9-11 and other teachable moments.

I’d venture that the coming elections will cause much of the present concerns to just fade into dissipation unless Trump keeps it front and center and I think that he might do so.

America’s attention spans aren’t noted for longevity for sure.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The cheapskates who live on other people's money don't care where their food, clothes and medicine come from, as long as it's cheap and somebody else is footing the bill for it. If they had to buy something USA made for twice the cost of cheap Chinese crap, that would cut into the supply of "other people's money" they could spend on pot, beer, and the latest Chinese-made "smart" phone!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The cheapskates who live on other people's money don't care where their food, clothes and medicine come from, as long as it's cheap and somebody else is footing the bill for it. If they had to buy something USA made for twice the cost of cheap Chinese crap, that would cut into the supply of "other people's money" they could spend on pot, beer, and the latest Chinese-made "smart" phone!
Jerry

Called ‘Hogs at the trough syndrome ‘.

Just keep the slops coming. Never mind the farmer behind you fixing to send you to the slaughterhouse

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Ain't that for sure.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Ain't that for sure.

Where the hell have you been ?

Next time get permission before you go running off .
Grins

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.