-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
70% of our economy is based on our overt consumerism. Americans like buying stuff. Cheaper, the better. We would need an entire cultural and economic shift...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
We just need to get the people off their addiction to buying a bunch of cheap schitt they don't need.

so are you the one to determine who needs what?...………..bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by arkypete
The 'Country of Origin" labels that have been removed and minimized need to be brought back to prominence. Let the U.S. citizens make the choice, do they want their money going to China.

that's what I want...….we are going to try and not buy chink stuff...….gladly pay more for USA products...…….bob

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Do not buy from any country that doesn't require decent wages and safety for workers and enforce that strictly. Suddenly American manufacturing would start back up, and things would cost more but we wouldn't be supporting exploitation that leaves workers in slave like lives and actually kills people in third world countries. Are cheap goods worth what we are enabling in poor countries? Worse than slavery is what we are supporting. At least a slave was valued as property.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've always tried to buy American or products from western countries [tried].

Commented in the backpacking subforum quite a while back about buying an American made top quality bag someone? pm/d me about they could spend their money wherever they wanted .
Commented on Trapperman about the BS of Duke Traps copying the Minnesota Brand MB550/650 then having them made by slaves in chinawan - members there said they LOVE the trap - nothing but greedy cheapskates who care nothing about the welfare of their neighbors .

Good Morning Bruce !!! smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Hey do they have China gals for the other thread about "Mail Order Brides"? Some of us could buy one or two of those China Dolls plant a few seeds and send them back home to Mao. That way we could get established from "the inside out" and eventually get Harbor Freight tools for free.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
BTW what is that meat in Pork Lomein? I never seen pork that color.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Do not buy from any country that doesn't require decent wages and safety for workers and enforce that strictly. Suddenly American manufacturing would start back up, and things would cost more but we wouldn't be supporting exploitation that leaves workers in slave like lives and actually kills people in third world countries. Are cheap goods worth what we are enabling in poor countries? Worse than slavery is what we are supporting. At least a slave was valued as property.

Do what? Linkage? 😆

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sure hope for the sake of agriculture in the USA that they continue to buy millions of tons of grain and other ag products.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Probably somewhere between the two. If people were only buying what they needed and few wants, then we'd probably be in a lot less debt to them. OTOH, they ARE the only game in town in many cases. We just need to be making a lot more stuff here and realize that essentially, slave labor in other countries ultimately carries a much higher cost than just the cheap goods made on the backs of poor folks that you don't have to look in the eye every day.

That^^^
Been saying virtually the same thing to my wife for years.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
Not an addiction... they're the only game in town. No choice.

What can’t be made here?

We probably can’t grow rubber trees so we’d have to import natural rubber. What else?

I’ve read here that boots are in the category, but I mean really can’t be, not you just can’t find it for $9 at WalMart.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Incentivize companies to move low-skill, low-cost production out of China to Mexico, Central & South America. Would much rather have friendly countries benefit from that trade and building up those economies would also help our illegal immigration problem.

It is unconscionable and an absolute embarrassment that we have, through trade, enriched and empowered a country like China at our own peril. Attribute it to greed of corporate America and short-sighted cronyism on the part of both political parties.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s gotta start one step above the consumer.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
China holds approximately $1.8T of our debt. We just spent $2.2T in stimulus. Tell China the $1.8T they hold will have to be eaten on their end to recoup the majority of the stimulus. Don't give them an option, simply tell them that is the way it is going to be.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Sue them in federal court for the cost of the pandemic they caused, then subtract an enormous judgement from what we owe them.

Nice idea but it won't work. They'd just confiscate all the American-owned businesses in China.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MAC
China holds approximately $1.8T of our debt. We just spent $2.2T in stimulus. Tell China the $1.8T they hold will have to be eaten on their end to recoup the majority of the stimulus. Don't give them an option, simply tell them that is the way it is going to be.

If they hold all of our debt, they hold nothing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Confiscate American owned businesses in China? Don’t confuse me with someone that GAF. Actions have consequences and in this case the blowback will be epic.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
We just need to get the people off their addiction to buying a bunch of cheap schitt they don't need.

Originally Posted by GeoW
Not an addiction... they're the only game in town. No choice.

Probably somewhere between the two. If people were only buying what they needed and few wants, then we'd probably be in a lot less debt to them. OTOH, they ARE the only game in town in many cases. We just need to be making a lot more stuff here and realize that essentially, slave labor in other countries ultimately carries a much higher cost than just the cheap goods made on the backs of poor folks that you don't have to look in the eye every day.

I've believed for years that it's US small business that made a choice to source from china, and the pacific rim. This was done in interest of maxing their profits. All well and good I suppose. On the other hand max profits over sourcing from US companies results in US producers going out of business. The displaced workforce will seek .gov benefits to live on. Said US companies pay a price for this through taxation. So either way, there is a cost to US business sourcing outside US. Buy a tee shirt recently from some specialty business? Won't be made is the US. Also, look at the US rifle industry. Sourcing from the Turks. Savage/Stevens comes to mind.

Last edited by Mr_TooDogs; 04/07/20.

GOA
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by MAC

If they hold all of our debt, they hold nothing.

You miss the point. Making them eat the debt means they cannot at a future time try to collect on it. That wipes out that amount in the debt column and just about squares the stimulus. It comes off our bottom line and goes on theirs. Perhaps you didn't understand?

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Luv2safari: I like it! Currently we own the china red death inventors over $1,000,000,000,000.00 (one trillion dollars!).
Lets diminish that enormous "debt" owed the chi-coms by doing just what you say.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 68 invisible), 3,288 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.