Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
If I'm still running a fever and have a headache in the morning I'll go get some labs drawn. I'm 99.9 with O2 sat of 84 right now.

Bb

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bud all joking aside if your pulse ox is 84 that’s not good. Seek help.

* unless this is close to normal for you due to COPD or something

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
thats a SUCKY O2 sat. You have that whatever with the iron going on thats not allowing O2 to bind.... I'd almost bet on it...88 at rest is low enough to get O2 in an RX from medicare.... IIRC. and its a logarithmic? scale, like the decibel one... the lower you go its really getting low..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Eighty Schitting Four???????

Are your fingers dirty or beat to hell?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Carbon Monoxide?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a bronchitis last spring that dropped my O2 like this and I was on oxygen for 2 months. They think it was a reaction to Enbril so they switched me to humira. More recently my sats have ran 93 or so until Sunday. They have been between 80 and 86 since then. Fever mostly broke yesterday but my sats are still down. I checked the sat monitor aftet cleaning it on the wife and kids and they are 95-98 me 84.

My wife keeps asking if I took my thyroid medication and saying I'm not really with it. I'll probably gets some labs done in the morning. I normally wouldn't hesitate getting them drawn but I don't want to be near a hospital right now.

Bb

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
def get the test, even if you may improve you need to know, because you could infect others..good luck!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Obviously, I don’t know more about you than you’ve mentioned, and obviously I don’t know your wife’s capabilities, but if I had to choose and vote “aye” or “nay”, I’d say you certainly might have/ had COVID. No offense at all meant to your wife.

People’s symptoms run on a continuum from none to in the ICU on a ventilator with a death-dealing pneumonia. Of course, it could have been a bad flu also.

I’d check with your primary care provider — if it’s your wife, I’d ask the physician she’s associated with. You might be tested for further info. With your co-morbid’s, take every care.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be well my friend.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Anybody else sick in the house?

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Burley,

Covid or no covid, you have lots of reasons to be getting to the hospital for some basic labs, etc. being that febrile, hypoxemic, and immunosuppressed with steroids, etc. I think you and your wife (PA) both know that! I hope those O2 sats are at least lying on your back and not upright! Be proactive and don't get behind the "8 ball" with your health!!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Those sats of 84 are standing. I think I've had enough health problems over the last few years we've become a bit complacent about it. I texted my Dr about it and he's going to see how I feel in the morning and then maybe order some tests. I'm just trying to weigh the risk if being exposed going to get tested verses the risk of not testing at all.

Everyone else in the house is fine and we've been isolating for a few weeks. I had a weird long bronchitis last year that had my sats way down for a few months. I had to have oxygen on 24/7 but I never got a pneumonia and then slowly got better. They thought it was a reaction to Enbrel. I would have went in to see the Dr yesterday I just questioned if it's worth the risk. I think my wifes point about not going to the ER was that they wouldn't do anything for me there other than run some tests and send me home. I guess it's still really hard to even get a covid test in Idaho. Its almost like you have more chance of getting covid virus than a covid test in our er's.

Recently found I have severe sleep apnea but I'm on a waiting list to see the Dr. before they'll give me the bipap machine.

Bb

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Stay safe...be well. Prayers inbound

GOD Bless America
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
How is your sense of smell?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Burleyboy: I totally understand your concern with going to an ER or a Doctor's office and possibly catching something.

Since your wife is a PA figure out what tests you need, get the appropriate containers, and have your wife draw your blood at home. She can take it in and have it tested.

Good luck and remember you always have to be in control of your care. -tnscouter

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Smell and taste still intact. One of the things that makes me think its something else. Last time I traveled was Orlando a month ago. I've been pretty much isolating at home for almost 3 weeks. Last time I went into a store at all was Mar. 20th and only went out once that week.

I'll talk to the Dr in the morning, I just don't want to go in if I don't need to.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis in which there is a long-term inflammation of the joints of the spine.[2] Typically the joints where the spine joins the pelvis are also affected.[2] Occasionally other joints such as the shoulders or hips are involved.[2] Eye and bowel problems may also occur.[2] Back pain is a characteristic symptom of AS, and it often comes and goes.[2] Stiffness of the affected joints generally worsens over time.[2][4]

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you take something that would artificially reduce your fever?

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tnscouter
Burleyboy: I totally understand your concern with going to an ER or a Doctor's office and possibly catching something.

Since your wife is a PA figure out what tests you need, get the appropriate containers, and have your wife draw your blood at home. She can take it in and have it tested.

Good luck and remember you always have to be in control of your care. -tnscouter

Good idea, if they'll give me the tubes and a butterfly needle I can draw the blood myself. I think I'll ask the Dr to at least order me a CBC and a Chem panel to make sure the basics are inline. I'm new at this immunosuppressant thing and have only been on them a year. The Drs tell you to take everything more seriously when your on them. Then you get a fever and your sats drop and they just say give it a few more days and see how you do. I can't remember how low of O2 sat is too low but it seems like below 90 is time for concern. I haven't been above 86 for 3 days.

Bb

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 54 invisible), 2,935 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,349
Posts18,468,835
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.