Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
As some of you know, my Mom has been dealing with cancer and didn't want to go through radiation but eventually did. She finished up not long ago and has a mouth and tongue full of sores and an extreme sore throat. The only thing she can eat is Cream of Wheat and drink protein drinks and is losing weight she can't afford to lose.

Due to her weak immune system, I have chastised my niece and sisters for going there to visit because of this virus to the point they have stopped.

Well, now my Mom is falling into a pretty deep state of depression from the hunger, pain and loneliness so I took the day off and am going to go there, make and blend her up a nutritional hotdish (casserole) that she can hopefully eat.

I'm also going to bring them a box of about 30 DVD movies and a TV that has a DVD player in it to watch upstairs where they can see sunlight instead of the TV room in the basement.

I will sanitize everything I touch and wear a mask and gloves and pray that I have not been exposed since I'm still working everyday.

Wish us luck!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hoping for the best, I'll be praying for you.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You're a good son.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck and prayers for your Mom, you and your family.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
praying for a positive outcome,I havent seen my Mom in over a month now,we talk about every day though..

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear about this Rooster. You are very thoughtful, and as was mentioned, are a good son. Bless you.

LOL
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I think it depends on her current condition. Is she now in remission or is she "declining"? I went through this with both my Mom and aunt in the last two years. If she's in remission and has a good prognosis, I'd say it's okay for you to visit as long as you take precautions. If she's declining, I'd let anyone visit her. In the long run, it's not going to make a difference and I can't think of anything worse than passing away without being able to say goodbye to all your loved ones.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
GOD bless...hoping for the best outcome

GOD Bless America
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You have to respect their wishes. Sounds like she needs you more than ever.

Hurt, sick, alone and afraid aint no kinda way.

I actually asked my folks what they wanted us to do.

Stay away or come over for coffee with the kids and such.

They said they would rather die happy with family than alone and quarantined.

Hope she gets better soon Rooster.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
See if her doctor will prescribe viscous lidocaine. It will help numb her mouth so she could maybe get something down it will affect her tastebuds but maybe it could help. Best of luck to you and your mom.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good luck, hope all involved stay healthy and get well soon to Mom.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best wishes for her recovery. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Good luck, hope she gets better!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We're going through something very similar here. It's cancer related also with my wife. We are isolated at my daughter's house. She's a few weeks from being a nurse practitioner and taking every precaution. It's hard on the rest of the family (and all of us) but everyone understands the situation thankfully. God Bless, hope there's a bright light at the end in sight..

Last edited by ST50; 04/09/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I think it depends on her current condition. Is she now in remission or is she "declining"? I went through this with both my Mom and aunt in the last two years. If she's in remission and has a good prognosis, I'd say it's okay for you to visit as long as you take precautions. If she's declining, I'd let anyone visit her. In the long run, it's not going to make a difference and I can't think of anything worse than passing away without being able to say goodbye to all your loved ones.

I guess you could call it remission? The surgeon thinks he got it all when he took out her jaw bone and replaced it with leg bone but as he said, it could be in nerve endings and tissues that they can't read with today's technology. So, thus the reason for intensive radiation.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

I just want chit to go back to normal.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Steam some Broccoli and other greens high in vitamins, and some meat, so she can get the nutrients and vitamins needed to strengthen her immune system. No carbs at all. Carbs will partially block the nutrients from being absorbed through her intestines. Carbs have zero nutritional value, and just spike your insulin.

Steaming will allow all of the nutrients and vitamins to remain in the vegetables, instead of being thrown out with the water when boiled.

Good luck.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smarquez
See if her doctor will prescribe viscous lidocaine. It will help numb her mouth so she could maybe get something down it will affect her tastebuds but maybe it could help. Best of luck to you and your mom.

They did give her something but not sure what it is. It doesn't seem to be working. I'll write this down and check today. Thanks!

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Steam some Broccoli and other greens high in vitamins, and some meat, so she can get the nutrients and vitamins needed to strengthen her immune system. No carbs at all. Carbs will partially block the nutrients from being absorbed through her intestines. Carbs have zero nutritional value, and just spike your insulin.

Steaming will allow all of the nutrients and vitamins to remain in the vegetables, instead of being thrown out with the water when boiled.

Good luck.

Thanks. I would have to run everything through a blender or food processor for her to get it down at this point. What kind of liquid should I use with vegetables?

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You have to respect their wishes. Sounds like she needs you more than ever.

Hurt, sick, alone and afraid aint no kinda way.

I actually asked my folks what they wanted us to do.

Stay away or come over for coffee with the kids and such.

They said they would rather die happy with family than alone and quarantined.

Hope she gets better soon Rooster.

Thanks for that, Jim. Truly.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Good luck.

Thanks. I would have to run everything through a blender or food processor for her to get it down at this point. What kind of liquid should I use with vegetables?

Steam everything, and then grind it all up into a smoothie, through your food processor, and let her drink it.

If you can't steam it, pour the water you cook the vegetables in, into the food processor, so she can get all of the nutrients, and grind it all up into a smoothie.

If she can drink all of that, she will be getting the best nutrients you can provide....good natural food, instead of the crap they feed them.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,804
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.