Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ST50
We're going through something very similar here. It's cancer related also with my wife. We are isolated at my daughter's house. She's a few weeks from being a nurse practitioner and taking every precaution. It's hard on the rest of the family (and all of us) but everyone understands the situation thankfully. God Bless, hope there's a bright light at the end in sight..

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you guys have a bright light also!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

BP-B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, spinach. Those are your greens high in nutrients.

Meat with fat on it. You burn the fat to get your energy, not carbs. Animal fat is good for you. The healthcare system preaches animal fat is bad. It’s a lie. Carbs in the diet make people overweight, and bring on diseases, so they can milk you for life $$$$$ from “treating” you.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
May God give your mom and entire family His peace and healing. I am truly sorry your mom is suffering. Truly sorry.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Rooster ,
Howdy .

Prayers for your Mom and all the best to you and family .

Tough decisions for sure !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure hate to hear that you guys are going through all this.

Prayers uplifted!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Fugging chinese need ta pay a hard price for this planet wide B.S.

Cheer up your mom man!!!!!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
You're a good son.

Yep you’re a good man prayers sent!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
As some of you know, my Mom has been dealing with cancer and didn't want to go through radiation but eventually did. She finished up not long ago and has a mouth and tongue full of sores and an extreme sore throat. The only thing she can eat is Cream of Wheat and drink protein drinks and is losing weight she can't afford to lose.

Due to her weak immune system, I have chastised my niece and sisters for going there to visit because of this virus to the point they have stopped.

Well, now my Mom is falling into a pretty deep state of depression from the hunger, pain and loneliness so I took the day off and am going to go there, make and blend her up a nutritional hotdish (casserole) that she can hopefully eat.

I'm also going to bring them a box of about 30 DVD movies and a TV that has a DVD player in it to watch upstairs where they can see sunlight instead of the TV room in the basement.

I will sanitize everything I touch and wear a mask and gloves and pray that I have not been exposed since I'm still working everyday.

Wish us luck!

I've been through the radiation stuff in the face before. Tell her that the discomfort in her mouth will clear up very soon after the radiation treatments cease and her taste will return to normal.

I know your intent is good. But right now her taste buds are so out of whack that anything with any type of flavor is going to cause a very uncomfortable metallic sensation in her mouth. That's as close as I can come to describing it.

I lost about 30 pounds when I went through it. Not because I didn't have an appetite,..I was hungry as hell. It was just that most foods caused such an unpleasant sensation in my mouth that I refused to eat them.

I found that cold, green peas eaten straight from the can was tolerable,...as were vienna sausages and cold, unseasoned rice. I would also eat a half of a large, cold watermelon every day because it soothed the inside of my mouth. I know watermelons are out of season right now. I don't know if you could find one anywhere. But you might shop around.Vanilla milk shakes are also tolerable and will help to keep her weight on her until food tastes good again.

Anyway, tell her that it will all pass sooner than she thinks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rooster7,

You are a good man. I thank you and don't even know either of you.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
May our Lord Bless all, and give the strength to get you past it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Prayers & thoughts of a happy outcome, from north of the border, Rooster !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do forget the bottom of your shoes and anything that touches a floor. I wear rubber boots and spray the soles before getting in the truck with Isopropyl after being in public. You could also use a bleach solution, but would have to be careful not to get it on your clothes.

I’m so sorry to hear about Mom. I wish I knew how to make it better. The sores sound awful. Can she eat ice cream? Maybe some rich bone broth. Would salty soft fried bacon be soothing? It sounds terrible.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
As some of you know, my Mom has been dealing with cancer and didn't want to go through radiation but eventually did. She finished up not long ago and has a mouth and tongue full of sores and an extreme sore throat. The only thing she can eat is Cream of Wheat and drink protein drinks and is losing weight she can't afford to lose.

Due to her weak immune system, I have chastised my niece and sisters for going there to visit because of this virus to the point they have stopped.

Well, now my Mom is falling into a pretty deep state of depression from the hunger, pain and loneliness so I took the day off and am going to go there, make and blend her up a nutritional hotdish (casserole) that she can hopefully eat.

I'm also going to bring them a box of about 30 DVD movies and a TV that has a DVD player in it to watch upstairs where they can see sunlight instead of the TV room in the basement.

I will sanitize everything I touch and wear a mask and gloves and pray that I have not been exposed since I'm still working everyday.

Wish us luck!

I've been through the radiation stuff in the face before. Tell her that the discomfort in her mouth will clear up very soon after the radiation treatments cease and her taste will return to normal.

I know your intent is good. But right now her taste buds are so out of whack that anything with any type of flavor is going to cause a very uncomfortable metallic sensation in her mouth. That's as close as I can come to describing it.

I lost about 30 pounds when I went through it. Not because I didn't have an appetite,..I was hungry as hell. It was just that most foods caused such an unpleasant sensation in my mouth that I refused to eat them.

I found that cold, green peas eaten straight from the can was tolerable,...as were vienna sausages and cold, unseasoned rice. I would also eat a half of a large, cold watermelon every day because it soothed the inside of my mouth. I know watermelons are out of season right now. I don't know if you could find one anywhere. But you might shop around.Vanilla milk shakes are also tolerable and will help to keep her weight on her until food tastes good again.

Anyway, tell her that it will all pass sooner than she thinks.

Thank you so much, Bristoe.

I will tell my parents about that. My Dad is going through this crap too. Dealing with her impatience, driving her 40 miles each way to appointments, her talk of not wanting to live anymore etc. etc.

It just all around sucks!

But HEY at least we got the Kung Flu floating around!

Thank all of you again for the kind thoughts and prayers. They are truly appreciated.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw a triwall of watermelons at Sams club last week. This was in Michigan, so maybe you have them up there too.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What about the ensure drinks or drinks like that? Also those premade smoothies like the naked brand come to mind?
Those are tough choices but sounds like you are making the best of it. I am thankful that we didn't have this going on when my mom had pancreatic cancer.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Do forget the bottom of your shoes and anything that touches a floor. I wear rubber boots and spray the soles before getting in the truck with Isopropyl after being in public. You could also use a bleach solution, but would have to be careful not to get it on your clothes.

I’m so sorry to hear about Mom. I wish I knew how to make it better. The sores sound awful. Can she eat ice cream? Maybe some rich bone broth. Would salty soft fried bacon be soothing? It sounds terrible.

It's awful, B. I just wish it would heal up and go away.

First, she fought with her leg where they took the bone out. They took skin from her hip and put over that and that wasn't healing so they sent her to a "wound" doctor and within days that started getting better. I was like "WTF didn't you do this a long time ago???"

Now she's dealing with the side effects of radiation which are worse then the cancer itself and wishes she would have never done it.

Anyway, I'm gonna head to their house now because she said she would rather have what I'm planning to make/blend for supper.

Take care everybody and stay safe!

Jim

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
You're a good son.

+1

God will look over her, and you.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good luck. Just returned back from WI taking care of my 84 year old mom. They sure are tough but stubborn. I used ensure blended with some berries to help keep on weight.

Wish us luck!

Last edited by ribka; 04/09/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These are tough times; you seem to be doing about all that is reasonably possible.

Best wishes for all of you, especially your mother.

MM

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Rooster:
I feel for your Mom and family. I just finished 25 days of radiation so I know somewhat Mom is going through although my reaction is totally different. They tell me it will get better soon but until it does it sucks.
Give Mom a hug. Wish I could give mine one but she has been gone 26 years now. Praying for healing for all of you.
As the bible says: this too shall pass.....just wish it would hurry up.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
143 members (10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.