Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If your sick, possibly with Covid, dont come to work! Had one stupid SOB have symptoms, didnt tell anyone, came to work. Things started getting worse so he went to the docs, doc said time to get tested due to severity of symptoms. The mfer still came to work and didnt tell anyone! Got results in 2 days, positive. Shut down 2 lines in one building, a line in another building this person was also in. Sent home everyone with close contact. Secondary contact individuals still working but freaking the hell out! Lines sanitized and reopened. A day later we got the call. One of employees in contact that was sent home took a turn for the worse overnight(high risk group). Now in ICU.

If it was up to me the original employee infected would be terminated for putting everyone else in danger. But thats not my call. This schit isnt anything to mess around with. We can all be safe, but damn it if some just dont give a schit about anyone else.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Channellock ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Is the company paying them to be off, without using their sick time/PTO?

If not, I expected to hear this. Folks need that paycheck and will still come to work not feeling well. If they find out they have the bug, it's too late.

We'll hear more of these. People in our facility need those paychecks for their family and don't give a crap about anyone else they work with.

That behavior will unfortunately continue until there's a vaccine. Especially with high unemployment and many places not re-opening. Folks are going to do whatever it takes to hang on to their jobs because it will be an employer's market. The employers will be able to get good folks cheap.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
At some point, when we have people INTENTIONALLY hide an illness and infect other people, I would be O.K. with criminal charges being filed... At a minimum negligent man slaughter ?

I had C19 symptoms during the second half of December before it was formally identified in the U.S. At the time Doc said "Flu" even though I swabbed negative for both "A" and "B". Spent two weeks either working remote or non-paid time off. Did not go into the office. When I cleared up and returned to the office in early Jan, it was like a commercial where the dogs are barking out a tune. 50-60 people in one large room. Multiple people continuously coughing, hacking, sneezing. No one willing to suck it up and go home until they got over it. And none of the management staff willing to confront the offenders and send them home...

Last edited by Orion2000; 04/11/20.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Years ago a lot of companies around here did not grant sick leave for hourly workers. A lot of hourly workers came to work when they should have stayed home. Don't know how it is now.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by jimy
Channellock ?

Place is a [bleep] hole, worked there after I got out of the military. Only Good thing was the summer help, all the foreman's daughters worked midnight shift. And so did I

Don't gobble at me
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For how long have hourly employees been going to work sick? For as long as they don't have sick leave. If I were to show symptoms I would get laid off. I can make 4k a week or $561 Pennsylvania unemployment so with that said I've worked sick many times. The problem lies with cheap ass employers that only care about the bottom line and not there employees well being. Now is the time for a cultural shift in our thinking or many many more will die. I'd rather pay one employee like he or she was at work verses them risking infecting the whole plant. To my knowledge going to work sick hasn't been a crime it has been expected in our society.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My employer has paid sick leave and fu kers still come to work sick, hacking, coughing, sniffling.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
My employer has paid sick leave and fu kers still come to work sick, hacking, coughing, sniffling.

No excuse for that bullshit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dang..... 4K a week?
that adds up!
lol, I think my doctor makes close to that.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If they're not paying for time off you're going to have sick people going into work.

It's always been this way, and it always will be. Corona ain't gonna change that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kid0917
dang..... 4K a week?
that adds up!

Probably a stripper.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Are any of you suggesting that employers should offer unlimited, paid sick leave? If so, how do you think that would work out?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Show me a company where people with obvious symptoms can not only show up to work but ACTUALLY work and I’ll show you an employer who’s not in touch with his employees.....

Stupid of the guy yes but an employer has the Responsibility to monitor for such things as well. Moreover get to know your employees and understand what they need and want, clearly have a guy that’s hard up here

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Workman Comp?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
dang..... 4K a week?
that adds up!

Yeah but I usually only work about 6 months a year.
PS: If I were a stripper I'd be BROKE... Lol

Last edited by Showdog75; 04/11/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hookset
Are any of you suggesting that employers should offer unlimited, paid sick leave? If so, how do you think that would work out?

I'm not suggesting anything.

But hope is not a plan.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
dang..... 4K a week?
that adds up!

Damn, I'm in the wrong line of work. Over 200k per year? Someone paying factory workers 4k per week doesn't sound cheap to me.

Last edited by UNCCGrad; 04/11/20.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Even then, I've worked places where using your sick leave was counted heavily against you.

I don't know the answer.

I'm concerned that employees will soon have to prove that they are not sick to go to work. That's what my guys in China have to do now. Doctor pass on their cellphone before the could get on the train and into my suppliers' factories.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My company had very generous sick leave, but they whined and moaned so much when it was used, and also held it over your head in your evaluation, that many were afraid to use it. Not me; I didn't use it as extra vacation time like some, but if I was sick, I stayed home.

My neighbor works for the Feds, and one of his co-workers was talking about how he and his wife were keeping tabs on their temperatures. Turns out they had been to some event in a big city and were worried that they might have caught the bug. Soon after, both were down with it, after exposing a bunch of others, even though it's long been clear that you can spread it before you feel it yourself. Morons.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (22250rem, 240NMC, 160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,921 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,306
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.