Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
163bc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just purchased 3 new Nightforce SHV scopes to play with. All 3 have illuminated reticle with 8 levels of intensity. However I can only get 4 levels to work. Exact same issue w all 3 scopes. I have tried to contact Nightforce but they must be shut down. Anyone know what may be going on? Thanks, 163bc

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thats weird. I know its a obvious question, but have you tested at night or very dark room?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 163bc
I just purchased 3 new Nightforce SHV scopes to play with. All 3 have illuminated reticle with 8 levels of intensity. However I can only get 4 levels to work. Exact same issue w all 3 scopes. I have tried to contact Nightforce but they must be shut down. Anyone know what may be going on? Thanks, 163bc

NF is not open on Friday's, They'll be back Monday.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
163bc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Thats weird. I know its a obvious question, but have you tested at night or very dark room?

Extremely wired. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Daylight or dusk doesn’t seem to matter. Changed batteries. All 3 scopes exactly same thing. I’m hoping it just something simple cause I really don’t want to have to send em back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Highest settings, lowest settings, random?

IC B2

163bc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
There are 4 settings that work. All 4 are together and light intensity increases w each one. I think they may be highest 4 but I’ll have to recheck each scope. Really like the scopes but they are totally useless at dusk without the illumination. Quite unusual and really hope I can figure it out without having to send them back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I sent this to my NF rep and he just replied:

"It could be that the user is in too much ambient light to detect the illumination in the lower intensity levels. Testing them in darker conditions or with the objective covered could help the illumination to show up. Either way, though our CS is working remotely, they are on call and would be happy to discuss."

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
163bc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thank you for doing that Doug. I appreciate it. I sent Nightforce an email about 2 weeks ago. Got a reply I should call CS during normal working hours. Called n no answer. I’ll try again this coming week. I know things are different for all businesses right now so I’m gonna be patient. I don’t think the light is the issue. I’ve tried it a last possible shooting light and had exact same issue. I’m gonna retry that again this evening and w objective covered. Thanks again.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
... I’m gonna retry that again this evening and w objective covered. .....

If you leave a butler creek obj cover on, or one of the caps that comes with it, you should be able to test it.

The NXS x42 scopes I have are not daylight visible. The NXS x32 scopes and SHV x42 scopes are....on both of these I wish the lowest settings were lower as they are a touch to bright for my preference...that said, on the lower settings the illumination won't be visible with any ambient light.

Hopefully it will work out for you quickly and without headaches. I've not had to deal with NF. Doug has helped me with an issue before and was simply great, great guy, great company, great service.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Curious about this.

My first thought was that dusk wasn't dark enough. NF builds a lot of scopes for the military, and those scopes are built to be used in places that don't have the kind of ambient light from streetlights, headlights, etc. that we see in so much of the US. In cases like that, a bright reticle will almost blind the shooter, so it could be that you're not in a place that's dark enough to see the dimmest settings. Capping the objectives or testing in a totally dark room should tell us a lot.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Although not a nightforce, I had a Vortex Viper PST that had the same problem. I thought I was going to have to send it back. Sure enough,I put the scope cover on it and I could see the lower levels.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Update?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where’s Jud?

He’d love this.

grins 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
163bc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I will definitely update. Got busy n haven’t had time last few days. Hopefully today.

163bc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I sent this to my NF rep and he just replied:

"It could be that the user is in too much ambient light to detect the illumination in the lower intensity levels. Testing them in darker conditions or with the objective covered could help the illumination to show up. Either way, though our CS is working remotely, they are on call and would be happy to discuss."

UPDATE: Doug, you’re Nightforce rep was exactly correct. I went out tonight and recreated exactly what I had done before. The issue is my shooting bench is inside my garage/ barn. At dust With light on in barn I just couldn’t see the lower illumination settings while looking thru the scope. Lights off and all setting show just fine.

During daylight the lower setting are still not visible (to me anyway) but not needed in daylight. Thanks everyone for the help. All squared away here now.

163bc Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I set my Nightforce 4x14 at 6 power and scanned a tree line 300 yards away till last light. Not bad in low light either.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Never had that problem with any of my 82 nightforces, hope it dont start

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gemby58

There is no problem.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

There is no problem.

Must be op said 4 scopes has the same problems, that's a problem

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

There is no problem.

Yeah, he needs more

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

622 members (163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,232
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.