Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by gunzo
A $496 retail. CZ457 American. I haven't checked, but suspect a $400 street price. Lotta class with a very good reputation for accuracy per dollar. Other barrel/stock options as well.

[Linked Image from cdn.cz-usa.com]

I like these, to bad they cannot figure out how to make the clip flush with the stock.

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nothing wrong with a Hart rest and a good windage top! I have the same setup - shooting an old Cooper BR-50 rifle from the pre-tuner days. Shoots in the zeros to ones at 50-yards on a good day.

Impressive rifle and great shooting

Just got a Tikka T1x for local long-range (to 300-yards) league matches. So far so good for a <$500 rifle.

Last edited by CraigD; 04/12/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by gunzo
A $496 retail. CZ457 American. I haven't checked, but suspect a $400 street price. Lotta class with a very good reputation for accuracy per dollar. Other barrel/stock options as well.

[Linked Image from cdn.cz-usa.com]

I like these, to bad they cannot figure out how to make the clip flush with the stock.

yep wished it had a Ruger type clip then i would buy a CZ , i have never understood why many companies build a great rifle with a cheap poorly designed clip ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I'll be damned .. There are some shooter back on here... Wow... Hat tip.....

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I won’t buy a rifle with a magazine that hangs out ... it has to be flush for me or it’s a No Go

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=pete53
yep wished it had a Ruger type clip then i would buy a CZ , i have never understood why many companies build a great rifle with a cheap poorly designed clip ?[/quote]

I hear ya. I have a Rem 541THB that had those ugly, cheap plastic magazines. Always ticked me off. There was a fellow who posted at a rimfire forum who made a couple runs of metal magazines for the 580/541 series Remingtons. They weren't cheap (about $70 I believe) and I bought 2 of them just to get rid of the plastic. Even though I don't shoot that rifle much, at least when I pick it up to dust it a couple times a year, it no longer makes my blood boil.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by CraigD
Nothing wrong with a Hart rest and a good windage top! I have the same setup - shooting an old Cooper BR-50 rifle from the pre-tuner days. Shoots in the zeros to ones at 50-yards on a good day.

Impressive rifle and great shooting

Just got a Tikka T1x for local long-range (to 300-yards) league matches. So far so good for a <$500 rifle.

Ah, the older Cooper M36 IR50/50 rifle with the Jewell trigger. - Nice! You know you can most likely add a tuner to that. Contact Harrell Precision and give them your barrel diameter at the muzzle and I'm sure they'll be able to make one for you. I got a Harrell tuner brake for my Ruger American Ranch rifle in 5.56 from them last year. They really do work!

ps the knob on the end of my Turbo Sporter barrel is not an add-on tuner. It is integral with the barrel and is part of the barrel profile. It does act like a tuner (tho it is not adjustable) as the gunsmith tunes the barrel when he makes the rifle by counterboring the crown an inch or so back from the end of the barrel. The weight hanging past the crown changes the barrel's harmonics like an adjustable tuner. The amazing skill and patience it takes the gunsmith to determine how deep to counterbore the muzzle is unbelievable. My gunsmith was a true master at doing that and he never let me watch him do it.

Last edited by cooper57m; 04/12/20. Reason: added ps
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by cooper57m
[quote=pete53
yep wished it had a Ruger type clip then i would buy a CZ , i have never understood why many companies build a great rifle with a cheap poorly designed clip ?

I hear ya. I have a Rem 541THB that had those ugly, cheap plastic magazines. Always ticked me off. There was a fellow who posted at a rimfire forum who made a couple runs of metal magazines for the 580/541 series Remingtons. They weren't cheap (about $70 I believe) and I bought 2 of them just to get rid of the plastic. Even though I don't shoot that rifle much, at least when I pick it up to dust it a couple times a year, it no longer makes my blood boil.
[/quote]
That guy is John Reed. Nice work. There is another guy that modifies the 511 magazine. Works well. Around 50 bucks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ruger 10-22 if you have to have a bunch of add-ons or Marlin 795 or 60 if you want stock and a bit cheaper. Dunno which is "best" but if cost is factored in, it would be hard to beat these for all-around .22's where pinpoint accuracy is not paramount.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Bristoe? (crickets) Bristoe?

Bristoe is out trying to shoot a crow for the barbecue with his Walmart .22.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by benchman
That guy is John Reed. Nice work. There is another guy that modifies the 511 magazine. Works well. Around 50 bucks.

Yup. That's the guy. Did/does nice work indeed.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I see no one mentioned the TCR 22. I picked up one at Sportsman’s for $269 a while back and I really like it. The Magpul stock feels good, the trigger is decent, I mounted a Leupold Freedom rimfire 2-7 on it and it’s quite accurate. I’m also fond of my “customized” 10/22 takedown.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Blacktail308; 04/12/20.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Blacktail308
I see no one mentioned the TCR 22. I picked up one at Sportsman’s for $269 a while back and I really like it. The Magpul stock feels good, the trigger is decent, I mounted a Leupold Freedom rimfire 2-7 on it and it’s quite accurate. I’m also fond of my “customized” 10/22 takedown.

Those are interesting rifles. Aren’t they in a court battle currently with Ruger over the design?

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
For the $$ Tikka T1X. Hands down. Want to spend 3x as much, Vudoo, Anschutz... Want to spend 8x as much,
Grunig & Elmeiger, Bleiker, Turbo's 3P.

And not one of them will outshoot my Kidd or CZ 452 American. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Lapua and Eley make the best 22 lr ammo, that I'm aware of, but its pricey, for the good stuff. $20 for a box of 50 is common and since prices have gone up lately, it's probably more.

Yep but for working stiffs CCI Standard Velocity is pretty excellent.

We're reading each other's book.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Bristoe
okay

Where's the pics of your groups?

OMG, I never kept any.

mmmm-hmmmm

The guy who keeps pictures of small one-hole groups is most likely someone who hasn't shot too many of them.

Amen brother! Don't know you but I have no reason to doubt you. Never understood internet bullies.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As most know, 22 rifles can be finicky about which loads they like. Which is why 22 fanatics generally keep a variety of choices.to try in the "next new toy". There was a time when Federal Gold Medal match stuff was pretty good. I have probably at least a dozen or more sorts of ammo on hand, mostly plinking or hunting fodder like Fed. bulk stuff and Mini Mags. Most rifles will shoot Mini Mags fairly well, in my experience.

The most useless 22 ammo I've ever had, is Fed. Champion 40gr. That stuff doesn't shoot worth a damn in anything I've ever owned.

Still have most of a brick of Wolf Match Target. Of the rifles I've owned over the past decade or so, the only one that really shines with it, is a 1022 w/A&B .920 barrel. The CZ 455 I had, didn't take to it at all. Don't even recall what it did like, other than CCI Standard Velocity?. Have some RWS target rifle and Hornady Tac 22 that does well in one or two rifles.

If anyone remembers the Romanian M1969 trainers, we have a bunch of them at our club, for youth programs and the occasional NWTF/WITO program. My own personal clunker likes WW Wildcats more than anything else I've ever shot in it. 1/2" groups at 50 yards is the norm. Not bad for cheap ammo and a $60 rifle?

One of the more dedicated 22 shooters at our club, got a mess of CMP's Eley Club. That stuff works pretty good in one of his old M52 Winnies. He's out there multiple times per week at the 100 yard range, usually with a half dozen 22 rifles.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice shootin' fellas!

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have been buying 22 rifles for 57 years now.
But Amazon will ship a 22 cal pellet gun with suppressor. They can be handy in garden.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Christensen Arms has 22 rim fire now .
Just throwing it out there

Last edited by Dre; 04/12/20.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,858 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.