Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
BluMtn: Seems excessive to me - at this time?
But some strange politco's have been emanating from Utah recently (mittens etc).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Flip phone doesn’t matter—unless you throw it away. Internet connection doesn’t matter either.
Snowden explained all this

I get notices from my phone that I need to turn alerts on.

I never get amber alerts or any of that crap.

I also never use the GPS in the phone.

Will they disable my vehicle with an EMP burst when I cross the Utah line?

Geno

no , for you they a special train car on 2 mi of track set up at area 52 in Dugway (it has your name on it in Big letters, spray paint by a coupe of messicans, who didn't bother to check in). which will be shot into orbit on electromagnetic rails. on re-entry it will be going about Mach 6, you'll never see it coming.

Last edited by Etoh; 04/12/20.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Land line here. Good luck.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All I can say is, that kind of Big Brother crap has not worked here in FL.

I hear NY accents all over the place whenever I'm out. lol

Everybody gonna need that bar code on the back of the neck.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yet another completely unenforceable dictum. "Electronic form" assumes everyone has a cell phone (not true) and also assumes that everyone will dutifully respond (very untrue) and if they do, to tell the truth about their plans (laughably untrue).

Worse, even if everybody who enters the state replies truthfully, the dictum has no effect on what those people do while in Utah. It's a three-week goat rope.

The major interstate highways entering Utah I-15, I-80, and I-70. Tens of thousands of cars and trucks cross those seven borders every day. If they try to stop traffic until everyone completes a form, there'll be backups from St George Utah back to Las Vegas, and from Evanston Wyoming back to Rock Springs, just to name two. It's ludicrous.

They don't need to enforce it across the board. Selective enforcement with a significant fine for violation will likely net them a LOT of information.

As for those who don't possess a smart device, a simple notification sign combined with a public kiosk would be all that is necessary to close that loophole.

I'd guess that this is one of the things that should just be responded to with widespread civil disobedience. But my hopes of that are low today.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Starting Friday, for motorists, this will be a Wireless Emergency Alert sent through the cell towers to phones. This will be at any highway that enters the State of Utah through a geofence which is a virtual geographic boundary, defined by GPS or RFID technology tool similar to how they are able to send out amber alerts to your cell phone depending on which area of the State you are located. There are no physical checkpoints.

from the most conservative counties in UT:

https://kane.utah.gov/gov/dept/sheriff/emergency-services/coronavirus/ Kane County has temporary restrictions in place asking non-county residents to not use public lands and state parks in Kane County through April 22nd to limit travel into the area. County residents and property owners are welcome to camp, hike, and recreate on public lands in Kane County during this time.

The San Juan County Public Health Department also issued a public health order banning gatherings of more than ten people and prohibiting "leisure travel," defined by the San Juan County Sheriff's Department as "travel into San Juan County for the purpose of vacationing or self-quarantining outside of your home county or state."

Non-resident camping is now prohibited. Restrictions in the order also include banning dine-in restaurant services while allowing delivery or take-out services, discouraging visits to retirement homes and jails, and urging physical distancing and sanitary practices in businesses.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I can think of a lot of ways to get into Utah that I’m certain aren’t being enforced. I bet it’s just on the major points of entry.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Flip phone doesn’t matter—unless you throw it away. Internet connection doesn’t matter either.
Snowden explained all this

I get notices from my phone that I need to turn alerts on.

I never get amber alerts or any of that crap.

I also never use the GPS in the phone.

Will they disable my vehicle with an EMP burst when I cross the Utah line?

Geno

no , for you they a special train car on 2 mi of track set up at area 52 in Dugway (it has your name on it in Big letters, spray paint by a coupe of messicans, who didn't bother to check in). which will be shot into orbit on electromagnetic rails. on re-entry it will be going about Mach 6, you'll never see it coming.

Dude,

that would be so cool.

Mach six in a train car.

Passenger, freight, or an engine? Whichever, I hope they tightened all the bolt on it or pieces be flying off and injuring and killing innocent civilians, negating the effects of stopping Geno entering with the Corona.

Geno

PS, I can't read that dang graffiti anyway. Seems every area has a different style, and just when I learn one I move and start over.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ubersturmfuehrer Herbert wants to know... "Where are your papers!".....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, that didn't last long; the people that live and work around the UT/ID border got up to sixty text messages a day as they would bounce between UT and ID cell phone towers...... the natives got restless, quick!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a complete violation of the 10th Amendment.

These demigods are getting out of hand and need frying...in public.

Last edited by luv2safari; 04/15/20.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1234, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,089
Posts18,463,991
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.