Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sjphillips
Ford uses it also on their vehicles

Yep have a buddy with F-250 squirrels ate his wires.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Get free icing buckets from local bakery or buy something. Cut rat sized hole in bottom side. Wire rat bait poision chunk in other bottom side. Distribute several around homestead. No mo' mice and your dog can't get at the poison.

We used to have an annual ingress of mice every March. Had to put out traps, etc. I'd remember late February and start putting out traps ahead of time. If it got real bad I'd throw a bait chunk under the house and tolerate the smell for a couple of weeks. I had to rewire the clothes washer twice due to nesting and wire chewing. Then the wiring harness on my wife's Ford was chewed up. Neighbour said previous owner had same trouble; rewired a car twice. That was a couple of years ago. I put out the buckets and have only seen one mouse since. It was dead.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
For those that use poison, have you had any issues with a dog or cat eating a poisoned mouse or rat and suffering for it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Ha! Soy based wiring ??? What could POSSIBLY Go Wrong ?😬

Dumb asses might as well make it out of cheese..............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The mice ate the insulation on the firewall of my pickup when it was parked for a couple of weeks in the shop. We had a mouse build a home in the air intake of a Chevy Cruze we had. I had left a Turkey fan and wings on the work bench and one morning a lot of it was gone. The mouse dragged feathers into the air intake of the heating system and it was something to see. Now I use those packets of mouse repellents and, so far, they seem to work well.

IC B2

broomd Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brazos
Other than that, how do you like your Honda?

No complaints other than the 'meals on wheels' wiring!
Great bike.....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by logger
For those that use poison, have you had any issues with a dog or cat eating a poisoned mouse or rat and suffering for it?

Thank you. Yes, the doggies and cats will eat the poisoned rats.

I don't know why people have an aversion to these electronic rat repellers but they work very well. Spend a couple hundred bucks and the problem will be over.

And, I would like to get my hands on the genius who put soybean oil in the wires on the cars. WTF?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
broomd,

That's a really nice bike.

Happy Easter.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
When we store our ATV's for the winter we put dryer sheets in the air filter and also stuff them into other nooks and crannies to repel mice. They are cheap and work good.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
broomd Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
broomd,

That's a really nice bike.

Happy Easter.

Thank you, happy Easter to you as well.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Mechanic found two mouse carcasses and this while putting a new clutch in my '06 Dodge 3500 diesel pickup this spring.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
When we store our ATV's for the winter we put dryer sheets in the air filter and also stuff them into other nooks and crannies to repel mice. They are cheap and work good.

Huh. Good to know

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My friend bought s trail cam a few years back that sends pics back through a cell network. We set it up and got a few great pics of an elk staring into it before it went dead. Went to check it and the elk had chewed up the antenna and ate the plastic coating off of it.

Ordered a new antenna and tried it again and another elk ate the antenna again the first day. Tried it one more time and the 3rd antenna was immediately eaten. He gave up after that because the antennas were expensive and took a week to get so the season was pretty much over.

Bb

So, baiting elk with a trail cam is illegal? How would the warden know you weren't trying to just get its pic? smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Blame it on the corona. From NBC

America's rats are being hit hard by the coronavirus.
As millions of Americans shelter indoors to combat the deadly virus, which has claimed over 21,000 U.S. lives, many businesses — including restaurants and grocery stores — have closed or limited operations, cutting off many rodents' main sources for food. On deserted streets across the country, rats are in dire survival mode, experts say.
"If you take rats that have been established in the area or somebody's property and they're doing well, the reason they're doing well is because they're eating well," Bobby Corrigan, an urban rodentologist, told NBC News. "Ever since coronavirus broke out, not a single thing has changed with them, because someone's doing their trash exactly the same in their yard as they've always done it — poorly."
But many other rats are not faring as well, said Corrigan, who works as a consultant for several city health departments and businesses, such as airports and shopping malls.
Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak
"A restaurant all of a sudden closes now, which has happened by the thousands in not just New York City but coast to coast and around the world, and those rats that were living by that restaurant, some place nearby, and perhaps for decades having generations of rats that depended on that restaurant food, well, life is no longer working for them, and they only have a couple of choices."
And those choices are grim. They include cannibalism, rat battles and infanticide.
"It's just like we've seen in the history of mankind, where people try to take over lands and they come in with militaries and armies and fight to the death, literally, for who's going to conquer that land. And that's what happens with rats," he said. "A new 'army' of rats come in, and whichever army has the strongest rats is going to conquer that area."
Rats whose food sources have vanished will not just move into other colonies and cause fights over grub. They will also eat one another.
"They're mammals just like you and I, and so when you're really, really hungry, you're not going to act the same — you're going to act very bad, usually," he said. "So these rats are fighting with one another, now the adults are killing the young in the nest and cannibalizing the pups."

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have had squirrels eat the wire from the remote battery to my cell cameras several times also raise heck with feeder wires. short of running them thru 1" conduit and stuffing steel wool into holes not much luck.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,706
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.