Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
61 and going through chemo. Not only serious, but a likely death sentance to me.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best of luck thru this SOB.
I do believe it's real,but waayy overblown.
55 in May.

Overall,I say Renegade for the win,,,,

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheSOB
61 and going through chemo. Not only serious, but a likely death sentance to me.

Said a prayer for you buddy. I hope you're wrong.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Just two questions: If you had to pick one of the two, which category are you in?

COVID-19: Hoax or serious?

Second question: How old are you?

Serious

How could anyone not take this seriously. Hospital ICUs are filling, people are dying and, the nation is self-isolated (to the detriment of the economy). And,one headline reads "Northern Va. hospitals could be overwhelmed by late summer, latest state models project" (see: https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/0...late-summer-latest-state-models-project/ ). So this thing is not going away any time soon.

One Federal Reserve Governor (Minneapolis) says ", America should be ready for 18 months of shutdowns in ‘long, hard road’ ahead" see: ( https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...s-neel-kashkari-2020-04-12?mod=home-page ). I don't know if his prediction will prove right or not, but it will be a long and difficult year ahead.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by TheSOB

I certainly wish you well and hope you can stay safe.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Although I can appreciate your question, I think you should delete this thread and start over with a third column and it should be "real but way over blown for political reasons" You can put me in that column.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Although I can appreciate your question, I think you should delete this thread and start over with a third column and it should be "real but way over blown for political reasons" You can put me in that column.
I don't like the idea of a third column as the whole idea is forcing somebody to choose either-or. There is no doubt that I took the hypothesis unseriously and should've did better on the "hoax" side of the question...IOW came up with a different word.

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it is serious and I have taken it seriously and so has my wife,22 year old daughter and most of our friends and family. Hell my daughters boyfriend is in Air Force ROTC and will be going to pilot school soon and they told all the guys if you get SARS CoV-2 you will be DQ'd. I just can't believe in a great worldwide conspiracy with this. I do believe that the Chinese released this on purpose though. I have been doing business there for over 20 years and kind of have a feel for them. There are some really good people there but many or most really are the means justify the end types. Oh, 57 but that ain't the reason I think it is serious.

Last edited by CWT; 04/13/20.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CWT
I just can't believe in a great worldwide conspiracy with this. I do believe that the Chinese released this on purpose though.
Dude, your second sentence kinda just defined a conspiracy. No offense intended.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Serious in some places.

IC B3

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CWT
I just can't believe in a great worldwide conspiracy with this. I do believe that the Chinese released this on purpose though.
Dude, your second sentence kinda just defined a conspiracy. No offense intended.

Dude. Nope. The response is not a conspiracy. It is an act to contain a pathogen that could cause great loss of life or mutate and cause immeasurable loss of life worldwide. It is not a conspiracy if China did release it. That is something else. The fact that the public may not have all the details on how and why this started doesn't make it a conspiracy either.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Tip926
Serious in some places.

Rest homes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm 63.The virus is real,very contagious,but not as deadly as the media hypes it to be.It has more to do with a political agenda than anything.It's not just the democrat party,they are a tool though,but it goes all the way to the UN.Don't believe me?Then I ask you why did the democrats try to load the stimulus with green new deal and mail in ballot pork.Go to the UN website and look at the 2030 Agenda.There are 91 goals.Then this is right off their website on how they plan to finance their Utopia World.
The Secretary-General’s Strategy and Roadmap for Financing the 2030 Agenda

The UN Secretary-General released a four-year Strategy for financing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development on 24th September 2018 during a High-level Meeting at UN Headquarters in New York. The Strategy underscores the UN’s critical role in supporting and accelerating the mobilization of finance. It focuses on three objectives to transform the financial system from global to local levels in support of the 2030 Agenda by addressing the barriers that constrain channeling finance towards sustainable development, and leverage opportunities to increase investments in the SDGs at scale:

High-level Meeting on SDG Financing Calls for Better Data, Long-term Inv...

IISD's SDG Knowledge Hub

Tracking the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda

Aligning global economic policies and financial systems with the 2030 Agenda.
Enhancing sustainable financing strategies and investments at regional and country levels.
Seizing the potential of financial innovations, new technologies and digitalization to provide equitable access to finance.

Last edited by baldhunter; 04/13/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Dam.n , have you seen Italy? This chit is for real.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Just two questions: If you had to pick one of the two, which category are you in?

COVID-19: Hoax or serious?

Second question: How old are you?

Serious

How could anyone not take this seriously. Hospital ICUs are filling, people are dying and, the nation is self-isolated (to the detriment of the economy). And,one headline reads "Northern Va. hospitals could be overwhelmed by late summer, latest state models project" (see: https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/0...late-summer-latest-state-models-project/ ). So this thing is not going away any time soon.

One Federal Reserve Governor (Minneapolis) says ", America should be ready for 18 months of shutdowns in ‘long, hard road’ ahead" see: ( https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...s-neel-kashkari-2020-04-12?mod=home-page ). I don't know if his prediction will prove right or not, but it will be a long and difficult year ahead.

Could, should, might, may, as high as

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Serious.......but not apocalyptic?

Maybe it might have been if we had continued partying and screwing our way through Feb and March??

37 years of age.

If we kept the minority immuno frail isolated
for their own good, how would partying and screwing
around by the healthy enough
majority result in apocalypse?

WE could all just drive to the speed of the slowest
no road sense types to keep them safe.
or just get those retards off the road for the benefit
of the majority/greater good.

50+ [no self-inflicted poor lifestyle choice
health issues]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The medical people are taking it very serious.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Dam.n , have you seen Italy? This chit is for real.

No. I have not seen Italy.

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ethan,

Your comment was correct. My mind was thinking conspiracy in the context have have been reading about on the CF. I don't think this is a New World Order thing or anything like that. I don't think it is a covert conspiracy involving all the world leaders. It could be called The Chinese Covid conspiracy or an Act of War.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Serious hoax ; age 3

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 257_X_50, 37 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,411
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.