Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I once had to go to a High Mass conducted by the Pope in St. Peter's. To my folks it was the experience of a lifetime and it was cool to see them so happy. For me it was almost 2 hours of standing up in a very cool place but essentially boring. I have felt pretty close to heaven in the mountains though.

We are not all the same.

mike r

Did they have donuts and coffee in the lobby?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is a problem, Wabigoon my friend. As a catechist, it is one of my biggest challenges - getting people to pay attention to what they are saying and understanding what it's meaning is. When they do that, they don't act like Deflave.

In this case, everybody understands what repetition is - it's anything said more than once. For instance, saying "I love you" to your wife. Or "praise God" at church once a week or even just twice in a life time.

But what is vain? We all have a pretty good handle on what taking the Lord's name in vain is - cursing in the lord's name or blaspheming it. Vain is also idle and archaically as in the KJV of the Bible, foolish. Ancient pagans were known to drone on and on using nonsense words.

I see a lot of repetition in all worship - how could worship not be repeated? But I don't know of any modern Christian churches that promote vain repetition.

But I'm getting sidetracked. Thanks, Jag! laugh

Oh look, a squirrel!

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks good folks, May God be with you until we meet again. This has been a pleasure.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave
I once had to go to a High Mass conducted by the Pope in St. Peter's. To my folks it was the experience of a lifetime and it was cool to see them so happy. For me it was almost 2 hours of standing up in a very cool place but essentially boring. I have felt pretty close to heaven in the mountains though.

We are not all the same.

mike r

Did they have donuts and coffee in the lobby?

No but I had to wait for 2 more hours for the folks and Gma to enjoy the rapture of an audience w/ the guy w/ a funny hat. I hung out in the square looking at the girls and enjoying the Alfas and Ferraris. Viva Roma! My folks were so pumped my Dad sprung for a feast in a ristorante nest to the Tivoli Gardens, I may have seen god as I ate Chicken Angelo w/ Fettucine Alfredo.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll pray right now. Lord Jesus, I want to pray for this country, Canada, as well, They need Your Help a much as ever.

I pray for the campfire members, and all the doctors, nurses, and all the health people working hard.

I thank you so much for all our Blessings.

In Your Name Lord.

Thank your for the prayers...I needed them tonight. Been a tough day

GOD Bless America
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tyrone
That is a problem, Wabigoon my friend. As a catechist, it is one of my biggest challenges - getting people to pay attention to what they are saying and understanding what it's meaning is. When they do that, they don't act like Deflave.

In this case, everybody understands what repetition is - it's anything said more than once. For instance, saying "I love you" to your wife. Or "praise God" at church once a week or even just twice in a life time.

But what is vain? We all have a pretty good handle on what taking the Lord's name in vain is - cursing in the lord's name or blaspheming it. Vain is also idle and archaically as in the KJV of the Bible, foolish. Ancient pagans were known to drone on and on using nonsense words.

I see a lot of repetition in all worship - how could worship not be repeated? But I don't know of any modern Christian churches that promote vain repetition.

But I'm getting sidetracked. Thanks, Jag! laugh

Oh look, a squirrel!

I must be on the right track because I never say any of that schit.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Thanks good folks, May God be with you until we meet again. This has been a pleasure.

If I had a nickel...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No but I had to wait for 2 more hours for the folks and Gma to enjoy the rapture of an audience w/ the guy w/ a funny hat. I hung out in the square looking at the girls and enjoying the Alfas and Ferraris. Viva Roma! My folks were so pumped my Dad sprung for a feast in a ristorante nest to the Tivoli Gardens, I may have seen god as I ate Chicken Angelo w/ Fettucine Alfredo.

mike r

That sound pretty sweet.

Sometimes my dad would give me a quarter and I'd walk around the block to the Sunoco. They had one of those M&M dispensers.

I remember eating those M&M's and thinking "Jesus Christ this sucks."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thank you all good folks, let us hope, and pray with the help, of the Lord above we get through this time of trial.

Thanks again.

Thank YOU, Richard, for starting this thread!

My wife and I spend a good part of the day with the Lord, but miss the fellowship!

I hope you and yours are all well.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Glad to hear you are doing well, Ed. Thanks for the reply. Take care and GOD bless yall.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.