Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For such a smart guy I believe Trump stepped on his dauber.

He has been saying that he's the supreme one when it comes to opening the economy back up, and the States' governors have no authority to do so. He has that just backwards, Constitutionally.

So, that leads me to his blunder. Yes, anyone can screw up sometimes.

He should have said "OK, fine, open your States up. It's your call and States' Rights". If things went to hell after they opened things, he could blame the liberal governors and hammer them for liberal stupidity.

If all went great, he could say " See...My policies worked just as we had planned".

He needs better advice or needs to take good advice. This was a golden opportunity missed.

...still...M A G A President Trump!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not his finest moment. .

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I agree, not his place.
States Rights

I'll give a mulligan if he lets this go.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari

He has been saying that he's the supreme one when it comes to opening the economy back up, and the States' governors have no authority to do so. He has that just backwards, Constitutionally.

He should have said "OK, fine, open your States up. It's your call and States' Rights". If things went to hell after they opened things, he could blame the liberal governors and hammer them for liberal stupidity.

If all went great, he could say " See...My policies worked just as we had planned".

He needs better advice or needs to take good advice. This was a golden opportunity missed.

So its just politics for you.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I do understand like Harry Truman said, The buck stops here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought we settled this question in 1865.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guess I missed something. I don't follow the news much, did The Donald declare States are not allowed to "open for business" without his consent?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I do understand like Harry Truman said, The buck stops here.

Only if its in his pocket. Anywhere else its someone else at fault.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm good with what Trump's doing.

He's in a bad situation and I think he's doing the best that anybody can do with it.

Also,...he's spending a *lot* of time talking on TV every day and it's impossible for anybody to speak that much without occasionally saying something that puts their foot in their mouth. I think Trump basically meant that he was taking the responsibility on himself when he said that.

Hell,....Biden can't recite, "Mary had a little lamb" these days.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Guess I missed something. I don't follow the news much, did The Donald declare States are not allowed to "open for business" without his consent?

Geno

Said he be supreme leader.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by luv2safari

So its just politics for you.

It's just the C O N S T I T U T I O N.

Protect 10A as hard as you protect 2A.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm good with what Trump's doing.

He's in a bad situation and I think he's doing the best that anybody can do with it.

Also,...he's spending a *lot* of time talking on TV every day and it's impossible for anybody to speak that much without occasionally saying something that puts their foot in their mouth. I think Trump basically meant that he was taking the responsibility on himself when he said that.

Hell,....Biden can't recite, "Mary had a little lamb" these days.

Hell, the SACharlies of the world are good with that^^^

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I doubt if most states would have shut down to the degree they have if the Federal Government hadn't declared an emergency like they did, so why doesn't he have the power to un- declare an emergency? I believe this is what he meant. His administration started the ball rolling.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Said he be supreme leader.

Yep. Not something that made him look good or smart, sadly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can the man ever do anything right?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
Can the man ever do anything right?

Has he?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda funny that the reporters who are in a dither are the same ones who were demanding that he unilaterally shut everything down just a few weeks ago. The same ones who bitched when he said that the Fed Gov was back up for the states.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
I doubt if most states would have shut down to the degree they have if the Federal Government hadn't declared an emergency like they did, so why doesn't he have the power to un- declare an emergency? I believe this is what he meant. His administration started the ball rolling.

Declaring states of emergency for a State opens up the Federal purse to help that State. It doesn't mean the Feds are now in charge.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Just curious IFD the war powers act rom perhaps state of major disaster change his ability

Personally I’ll take the Presidents advice over my governor any day

GOD Bless America
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by reivertom

He was very late to all the above.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 22250rem, 36 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,361
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.