Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The United States Constitution.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schools.

Sit down in restaurants. Drive thru only.

No bars in my county.

Only liquor is curb side service now.

We are pretty rural. Not a lot has changed really.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Not much different for me. I didn't go to stores before and I'm still going to work every day to the office. Lot less traffic though.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Schools , restaurant dining rooms, bars, churches, and sports gatherings /games

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Basically most things are shut down or altered in PA
All non essential business is closed. That includes all construction. Home Depot, Lowes etc are open but there is usually a line to get in because they are limiting amount of people.
Church is closed.
Liquor store is closed.
Bars/restaurants closed except for take out.
Banks are appointment only.
LGS closed.
Stay at home order in place in several counties.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They shut down our fishing here in Washington. Halibut is supposed to open tomorrow. Schools, contractors. Anything that is non essential. You can still by weed if your a smoker. They said that was essential. Too much tax money being made on it to close them down. Traffic flow seems to be normal most days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Other than the grocery store having bare shelves at time and people in masks, it aint much different for me. I got lots of work improvements to do on the property. So I am a lucky dog.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not much changed here, other than bars, restaurants, schools, haircut places, and some .gov stuff being closed. People pretty much going about their business as usual and things are plugging along, just not much interaction.

From watching TV and the "We will get through this" crap, you'd think is was some kind of cataclysmic event happening. Hell, if this is bad, I can't wait to see what it's like when things are "good"

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Schools are supposed to be opening up next week down here but there's a lot of mixed messages. Parents can elect to home educate if they like.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My beer store in MN let’s me go in and pick out the package I want, went to one on the ND side of the river and they had tables set up up with caution tape so you couldn’t finger fugck the bottles I didn’t know what I wanted so I got bud.

On a work note there isn’t anybody calling for furnace work right now. Granted we are kinda between the heating and cooling seasons but the phone isn’t even ringing. People just don’t want someone new in their home unless there is a Schidt geyser coming out of their floor drain.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Arkansas is one of the few states to have not issued stay at home orders, and we are far behind in infections and death than every state surrounding us by number and per capita. Go figure. Less government control and lower infection rates.
What is still shut down here is mostly schools, restaurants, bars, theaters, and hair dressers/barbers. Just about everything else is open and almost all the restaurants are still doing take out. You can still find whatever you need at the stores. Got new tires put on my motorcycle last week and also had the HVAC guy out to the house last week, went to the chiropractor, etc. Still get mail, UPS, etc.
My flight club had been shut down, but tomorrow we start flying again.
Golf courses are open, car dealerships are open, people are out and about. Lots of folks on the lakes fishing.
Really, for me the only change is I haven't been able to fly in the last month. Everything else is about the same. Bought a new pair of jeans at the mall, went by the book store, got some chick-fil-a on the way home. Can't really think of much I'd be doing any different. Next week I plan to get in some fishing, bike riding, flying, shooting, get in several runs. Restock at the beer store. Same things I'd have been doing otherwise.
Oh, and it took the HVAC guy a little over a week to work me in. He's doing plenty of work. Houses still being built, etc.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Got the modern over the road pickup (93 Chevy dually) hooked up to the stock trailer yesterday. Going to go pick up a horse tomorrow. Young Daniel kinda out grew his free miniature pony. Picked up a 13 hand pony for him. Gelding appaloosa.

There is an outfit in North Dakota that buys and sells horses on line. Not top of the line horses. People who buy those kinds of horses are weird.

These are ranch horses, not show ponies.

Even have trailer lights and breaks!

Jim, keep that trailer handy. In the fall, after they round them up, the BLM just about gives away Devil's Garden horses. You might need to break them a bit, but they're good tough horses from everything I've heard. And they need taken off this land ! Do your part, as an American. heck, there's probably a few that didn't get adopted out still in the corrals. Want me to go pick a couple out for you? Just let me know what color you folks like. A nice roan perhaps? I could probably put you up for a coupla days. The whippets like visitors, mostly. I think we have some of that canned spaghetti stuff down at the Holiday market too. If not, I can make up a pot of goomba sauce and boil up some noodles. Not the same as Chef BoyArdee, but it's pretty good stuff. Mom learned it from Gramps I was told.

Honestly, hope all goes well in getting the kid his new ride. Special times for special kids. I love hearing about it.

Not much closed down completely yet. Store and post office have spit glass up at the counters. Drs. here have gone to video appointments for non-emergency stuff.

Fuggin dentist called and cancelled my cleaning tomorrow. And I'm supposed to have them every 3-4 months according to the periodontist that kept me from losing all my teeth back 20 years ago. Probably be 6 months now before I can get in again.

Couple of restaurants pretty much shut, but it seems we lose one or two and have one or two open every year anyway. Wanted to walk the dogs at the Refuge today, but gate was closed and a big sign said they were spraying weeds today. DMV might be closed too according to a friend. Bank is by appointment only.

Life goes on. Neighbor moved his Corrientes off the alfalfa pivot field and over to the grazing allotment behind our house this week. I guess he's starting to get some growth there with the warmer temps. It's nice having horned cattle behind the place, makes me feel like I'm living in the real West!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 697 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,679
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.