Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I thought they let construction go on as “essential”. (Concrete trucks) this is getting ridiculous

Ready mix in Pa. is essential, but they closed the construction sites. A homeowner can't pour sidewalks on his own property unless they have a state exemption.

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Cumminscowboy: I am of the opinion that I have not given up ANY of my rights on a permanent basis!
Are you troubled by paranoia at times?
The powers that be tell me I can't go inside my church in large groups for the short term - and that is asked to save my and many others lives - thats not "giving up freedoms" that is using common sense.
I am sure that in 3 or 6 or 9 months this Wuhan Red Death will be contained and everyone can go back to church.
No one is telling you that you have to "give up your right to worship" you are just being asked not to do so for as short an amount of time as this pandemic can be contained.
Let me know if President Donald J. Trump bans your church permanently or burns it down - I'll be right there with you to throw him out of office - one way or another.
I have been told they have pills to counter-act paranoia.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Cool so you don’t mind handing over your firearms for a couple months cause you know it will save many others..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pat85
I thought they let construction go on as “essential”. (Concrete trucks) this is getting ridiculous

Ready mix in Pa. is essential, but they closed the construction sites. A homeowner can't pour sidewalks on his own property unless they have a state exemption.

That’s ghay

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
CC, did you honestly believe that the virus would "go away" as though by a wave of a magic wand? This isn't something merely irritating, like a bad TV commercial. It is in fact a pretty serious disease. It has been greatly overblown, I grant you, but nobody who has had it and survived will tell you it is just an annoyance.

Second, not a single freedom has been taken from us. We are all more or less voluntarily obeying certain recommendations that will in fact end this sooner than otherwise, and I think most people realize that. When this does taper off to an eventual end (sooner than had we behaved otherwise) all these temporary restrictions will end and people will go back to their normal routines - likely forgetting all this happened at all within a few years, attention spans being what they are.

Best post!

Have you guys not been harassed by the road agents?

No? Neither have I.

Nope,

Been going trout fishing with a buddy at a lake 1 1/2 hour away. The county who built the park and boat launch has left the launch open, but they closed the park to overnight camping. The trout fishing is great right now and the fish are at their prime for eating. A few bass are showing, but it's still cold, and the lake is primarily a trout fishery.

I pass sheriff and NHP cars over and back every trip.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Don't have the luxury of worrying about such matters.

Right now I have to worry about a coworker of my wife's who has a family member living in the house with her who has a 103 temperature, shortness of breath, and a sore throat, yet the family member won't go get tested for COVID-19,.. and my wife's coworker insists on coming to work and potentially infecting everybody,..including me, with that schitt.

I'm all for freedom until somebody's freedom kills my family.

I'm not sure what to do about it.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Right now I have to worry about a coworker of my wife's who has a family member living in the house with her who has a 103 temperature, shortness of breath, and a sore throat, yet the family member won't go get tested for COVID-19,.. and my wife's coworker insists on coming to work and potentially infecting everybody,..including me, with that schitt.

I'd be talking to the hospital administrator.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I'd be talking to the hospital administrator.

The whole situation is getting ready to bust open.

There's 3,..sometimes 4 people who work in close proximity to the person and all of them are about ready to go off the hook about it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The situation just became known today and all of the woman's coworkers,..including my wife,..has been talking to each other all afternoon and evening about how to handle the situation.

My wife is the supervisor of the area that she works in and she's going to be forced to call her supervisor tomorrow and get something settled unless the woman agrees to voluntary quarantine.

I'm about ready to get on the phone and go full azzhole about it until something gets done.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

9-1-1?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wolf + a million, I'll as I see fit and that will be with a fight and I will take a bunch with me.

MOLON LABE
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Cowboy You are correct.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Become a herd member, do your part

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Feel for your situation Bristoe but just remember, contrary to what the medias fear mongers would like you to believe merely contracting the virus is NOT a death sentence with the current 98% recovery rate. Forcing a person into a mandatory quarantine because they "may" have the virus is a very slippery slope that our country doesnt need to go down, especially with our "leaders" relishing their newfound "power" and control. On the other hand Id probably beat a person who knew they had a likely case of the virus and still purposely and knowingly potentially exposed me and others to a pulp!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

9-1-1?

And/or news media. Dont think the institution would want that kind of negative publicity!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
911 don't givva schitt.

It's a touchy situation.

Going upstairs and calling somebody out for potentially being a COVID-19 carrier is essentially making them into a pariah for at least 14 days.

Nobody thinks about that until they're in a situation that requires it.

There's no definitive evidence that the family member has Corona,...but on the other hand, he refuses to go find out.

So there's two options,...go upstairs and vent your concerns,...or make the attempt to ride it out in the hope that it's not COVID-19.

But riding it out and not ratting out the person is a life risking decision.

Like I said,....I'm not sure what to do about it.

Actually,...I have no problem with calling the person out. But my wife has to work there. And,...as anybody who has life/work experience knows,...if you have a problem,...you *are* the problem.

Nobody upstairs wants to have to deal with such matters.

If you call on them to do something it puts them into a situation where they have to take responsibility. I've been in those situations before,...more than once,..and I passed on doing anything because I know the score. I didn't want to be "the problem".

But it's never been life threatening before.

This time it is.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The human race has survived every epidemic ever. But this one is so bad, it was going to wipe every one of out. Unless we quit buying garden seeds. That's what really saved us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your own life is yours to decide about. Spreading something life threatening into your household and family seems a lot different. In your situation I would see a doctor, tell him about things in detail, ask for testing for your household and immediate family...anyone who has visited recently. If any of you are positive then blow the whistle on those idiots.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Giving up your rights... not yet apparently. You'd be giving up your rights if you were like so many leaving the local hospitals in a body bag, with no one (including your family) wishing you Bye-Bye.

Phil

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Giving up your rights... not yet apparently. You'd be giving up your rights if you were like so many leaving the local hospitals in a body bag, with no one (including your family) wishing you Bye-Bye.

Phil

GFY phaggot!!!! Its about the rights of the 99% of the population being trampled over the 1% infected.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hey, being from PA you have a good chance of being one of those 1%... GFY

Phil

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.