Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

I talked to a member of the Chamber yesterday and they are not sure that we are going to have our building open to us during the 29-31 May timeframe. As a result, I am going to postpone the SavegeFest event to a future undetermined date.

As you probably have seen on the news, our Governor has been difficult. There is just too much uncertainty to keep our current dates of 29-31 May.

I was really looking forward to this event and many of you were as well. I had a lot of neat things set up for it. I know it isn’t anyone’s fault, but I apologize to you all anyways.

God bless and be safe,
Jeff

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
RATZ again. We'll pull it off on another day, thanks for all your work, Jeff.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know how hard it was to make this decision. The whole country knows what a buffoon you have for a governor.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Appreciate the effort very much, and nobody can blame this cancellation on you. It'd be like blaming you for a tornado...

Thank you for trying. Nobody could ask for more.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thank you, Jeff.

As an alternative may I suggest a "virtual" Fest as a stopgap until a real Fest can be held? Pick a day and time and everyone gather up their Savages and pose with them for a happy pic, and post them here simultaneously? It could be an epic thread- not as good as the real thing maybe, but a showing of fellowship and solidarity in these uncertain times. Just a thought.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jeff,
Thanks for all your efforts. I can appreciate how much time and effort it takes behind the scenes to plan a successful fest. Looking forward to the time you will be able to set a new date for an even bigger and better fest.
John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you for the effort. I like the idea of a virtual fest. Perhaps one of the members who is good with technology can investigate and advise.

Last edited by 300Savage; 04/17/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
With all the uncertainty, it is probably the right thing to do. Looking forward to the new dates.
Thanks for keeping it as a possibility in the future.

Bruce
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe you boys should still get together but take some rope along with your guns....

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That's a good call Jeff.
Thank you for the effort. I too can appreciate that.
We'll look forward to a Savage Fest down the road...

"Every day above ground is a good day."
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Thank you, Jeff.

As an alternative may I suggest a "virtual" Fest as a stopgap until a real Fest can be held? Pick a day and time and everyone gather up their Savages and pose with them for a happy pic, and post them here simultaneously? It could be an epic thread- not as good as the real thing maybe, but a showing of fellowship and solidarity in these uncertain times. Just a thought.

Now there's an idea. And there's also no good reason for taking chances with public health at this time so regardless of who your governor is (and I haven't a clue) - good call. There will be another day.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Roy, is the rope to be used to hang the Governor?
Seriously, it's shaping up that I will have to travel to get the photos needed for the book so I may be able to come but won't be able to bring any guns since I'll be traveling to the People's Republic of Connecticut and crossing the People's Republic of New York.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Thank you, Jeff.

Great idea Gary! Let me put something together.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jeff, tough call, but the right call, given the circumstances. Thank you for all the advance time and effort you have put in on this. Looking forward to a trip out that way at some point.

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you all.

It’s just postponed until later.

I had a bunch of cool stuff planned. Not going to say what because we will do it later at some point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bummer frown

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Roy, is the rope to be used to hang the Governor?

I can neither confirm nor deny the assumption.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Better to not make things like that public.

Last edited by wyo1895; 04/18/20.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just because he is Paranoid, doesn’t mean they are not watching us.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 3,213 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,588
Posts18,454,274
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.