Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Senate Bill 241 passed the House on a 34-to-1 vote this afternoon. The proposal now returns to the Senate for final legislative approval and will ultimately return to the desk of the governor, who introduced the bill, before it becomes a law. Members of the Legislature and the governor are working across party lines to fast-track the passage of this bill.

“Extending the disaster declaration gives those on the front lines increased ability to respond to this pandemic and allows Alaskans to conduct business while adhering to hunker down mandates,” Rep. Chuck Kopp (R-Anchorage) said. “Our duty as a Legislature is to protect Alaskans to the best of our abilities, and we will continue working to find ways to lift their burdens in this difficult time.”

This bill takes several important steps:
extending the governor’s initial 30-day public health emergency until November 15, unless the governor declares that the emergency is over sooner;
providing $10 million from the Disaster Relief Fund to assist with any expenses that arise during response efforts, which is in addition to emergency funding authorized in other budgets;

granting Chief Medical Officer Anne Zink the authority to issue standing orders for healthcare providers related to COVID-19;

allowing Lt. Gov. Kevin Meyer to direct Alaskans to vote by mail in primary or statewide special elections in 2020 if in-person elections are deemed to compromise public health;

ensuring that out-of-state Alaskans who are quarantined or avoiding travel due to COVID-19 remain eligible for their PFD even if they’re gone for more than the allowed 180 days;

guaranteeing that first responders, nurses, and doctors will receive workers compensation;

giving the Division of Professional Licensing the ability to expedite the process of issuing licenses to individuals who hold a corresponding license in another jurisdiction, making it so an influx of out-of-state professionals could quickly work here if it becomes necessary;

enabling the Department of Community, Commerce and Economic Development to provide COVID-19 related grants to small businesses to prevent bankruptcy or layoffs.

http://akhouse.org/2020/03/26/house-passes-bill-extending-public-health-emergency-to-november

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh Jesus H Christ.. hook line and sinker

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haha, couldn’t see this coming! They weren’t even sneaky about it. I’m actually shocked at how many people are all for giving these dumbazzes free rein.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
allowing Lt. Gov. Kevin Meyer to direct Alaskans to vote by mail in primary or statewide special elections in 2020 if in-person elections are deemed to compromise public health;

this is what theyre after

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Seems like that will give the anchorage assembly the green light to little Ethan to do the same.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is bs, so of course in a few weeks it's gonna be, "well this is working so well let's make it the new norm". I think life as we've known it is trying to come to a screeching halt.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Unless it’s from a blog, don’t worry about it.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I don't see anything in the bill about travel to and from Alaska, is this going to affect travel until November as well?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Best I read it the initial order declared anyone from out of state 14 day quarantine. This is an extension of that. SO it would seem to stand. And right now I"m sure it will.

Banned travel from town to town the same I'm sure.

But I seriously doubt this lasts to November. I"d like to think the folks said we dont' want to waste time revisiting the issue every 2 weeks, lets pencil it in till November with the caveat governor has full authority to lift whenever before then.

That said one of my spring jobs is gone already. The summer job seems intact, starting later but seems ok, but may be a severe cut in hours. The fall job still wide open at this point IE all a go. BUT you never know.

Trying to plan anything very far out now isn't smart. And that means either cancelling or scheduling. Heck I'm in TX working on Moms house and the farm and have not even looked at getting a flight back until I know a start date for the summer job.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Thank you rost.
Things ain't much different in Idaho, I own a little roofing company and haven't been able to work since early March.
Our shelter in place was tentatively to be lifted on the 13th, but was pushed back until the 20th now today the governor announced it will stay in place until the 30th.

Myself and several friends have been coming up to fish the Russian every year for the past 20 plus years, this year sure does look a lil iffy but plans are still in place and hoping to still make it but the 14 day isolation order would damn sure be a deal breaker.

Good luck to you and everybody else out there, hoping something good comes out of all this for us all...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It extends the *governor's* emergency declaration which would have expired and makes it more formal. The governor can lift it when he deems it appropriate.

He has already lifted the restriction on elective surgeries. https://mustreadalaska.com/breaking-governor-ends-limits-on-elective-surgeries/

Last edited by ironbender; 04/15/20.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
He would have to on surgeries etc... or the hospitals would shut down. Finally some may be seeing the light.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear

If that's what you're worried about, don't. We (Oregon) have been doing vote-by-mail 100% for quite a long time now. Despite the initial hand-wringing about the potential for coerced votes, etc., there's no evidence to suggest that happens any more now than in polling place elections. I like it because it gives me a lot of time to truly study issues .. before I vote "NO" on them. smile

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear

15 Nov. pushed past the general election you guys be had! Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495
He would have to on surgeries etc... or the hospitals would shut down. Finally some may be seeing the light.

Perhaps I did not elucidate my point well enough.

It is, that the governor can end this when it is appropriate. It is not a “shall” last, but a “may” last, to November.

Short version: it won’t last that long.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
yes, I read that into the original and thought I posted same. Who knows. I dash in glance at a computer. Punch a few keys and leave... no telling what I leave in my wake sometimes...

But yes seemed he was given the authority to open when he deems safe/fit/ needed or whatever.

Hospitals for the most part are taking a huge hit.

The local one close to the farm in TX, may go under from this but I"m good with that. They were/are a waste of money anyway. Unless they ever get better management.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
This seems reasonable. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully Dunleavey will open it up when ever science shows it safe.

Thank god our legislature didn't give that much power to half whit. I'd trust your gov....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

"Hunker till November" sounds like it should have been a Merle Haggard song.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 65 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.