Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
szihn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a rifle about 1/2 done and the buyer had top back out due to medical reasons. It's much like the Fredrick Sell rifle on page 100 of Kentucky Rifles and Pistols.1750-1850 by Johnson. The butt plate is a bit flatter on this rifle then the one in the picture, ( more like the B. plate on page 110) but other then that, it's almost a copy. 14 inch LOP, 50 cal 42" lightly swamped barrel with a Chamber lock and the patch box, side plate inlays and carving are near copies of the old gun.

The man who wanted it made is a great old man but can't go through with the project, so I am going to finish it and I am offering the gun for sale to anyone that wants it.
As most know, I have not accepted any new orders now in almost 3 years so I can get my long back log cut down. When I stopped taking orders I was 7-1/2 years out. Now that I am not a young man anymore I can't allow super long back logs. I fear my own health failing before I can complete them all. So if I remain healthy I hope to open back up for custom orders in about 3 to 3-1/2 year.
But for anyone that wants a beautiful authentic styled rifle from me and doesn't want to wait 3-1/2 years, this one will be available soon.

I have no pics yet because it's not done, but the one on page 100 of the book above is going to give you the idea.
Asking $2650. Will take payments if you arrange things in advance.
Please PM me if you (or anyone you know) would be interested. Or e-mail me at szihnwyoming.com

Last edited by szihn; 04/18/20.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
post pictures from book please. I for 1 don't have it. thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by deerstalker; 04/18/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
szihn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes that a recreation of the same gun except for the fact this one i am making has a flatter butt plate.
I can't post any pics because I don't own a scanner, but looking at the one deer stalker posted you get a real good idea.

S
szihn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes that a recreation of the same gun except for the fact this one i am making has a flatter butt plate.
I can't post any pics because I don't own a scanner, but looking at the one deer stalker posted you get a real good idea.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and if'n that smokepole don't stiffen yer wood, you dead!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If I could convince my wife to contribute her half of our stimulus check-and I kicked in mine...hmm... smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thanks deerstalker. just getting into black powder shooting on a very limited budget . I WILL get there just slow. thanks again.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That will be one FINE rifle!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been a charcoal burner for 50 years now and have never come close to that quality of gun. One doesn't need a 2k gun to get good and addicted to muzzleloading, but then that is what dreams are made of.
Kinda like dreaming about Raquel Welch and waking up next to your wife.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
szihn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Well the ONLY good thing about my long back-log is that it gives folks 3 years to pay for them. Over 3 years when you do the math, most folks spend more then the cost of a hand made flintlock on candy, soda, beer, cigarettes fast food and other do-dads ----------none of which are investments that gain in value.

I once did a question and answer period at Friendship behind the gunmakers hall. One man said he just could not see spending $3000 on a flintlock so I asked what he was driving. I don't remember, but it was a 3 year old car he got for about 15,000. I asked how much it would be worth in 20 years and everyone including him agreed it would probably sell for under $1000 in 20 more years. So I pointed out a 3,000 gun that sells for $4500 to $6000 in 3 years seems like a FAR better way to spend money then a big ticket item of $20,000 to $50,000 that will loose 95% of it's value in 20-25 years.

He ordered a nice gun 3 days later and his wife was the one that told him to do it. I even remember the gun. A York County styled gun in 50 cal with wood we got at Tiger Hunt , a lock from Jim Chambers and a barrel from Vernon Davis, all right there at the time of the Spring Shoot.

(She'd heard the explanation too.)
smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
steve, I should let you talk to my bride. but then she would figure out what I am thinking about. its cold sleeping outside .

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
szihn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Maybe she'd like a flintlock..................and let you use it now and then.

(Worth a shot)
laugh

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Reminds me of a friend who bought his wife a nice shotgun for her birthday. He then borrowed it and went hunting without her.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
S
szihn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Probably not a blissful marriage shortly thereafter................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by doubletap
Reminds me of a friend who bought his wife a nice shotgun for her birthday. He then borrowed it and went hunting without her.

do I know you?

seems I did that once. then there was the 45/70 mauser I bought her for valentines say! what more could a woman want?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
steve, do you have this listed on muzzleloadingforum.com?

Last edited by deerstalker; 04/19/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
szihn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
No, I don't ever use that one.

In fact this is the only place I have posted it so far.

Last edited by szihn; 04/19/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
after looking over there, not sure i'd bother.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerstalker
I have been a charcoal burner for 50 years now and have never come close to that quality of gun. One doesn't need a 2k gun to get good and addicted to muzzleloading, but then that is what dreams are made of.
Kinda like dreaming about Raquel Welch and waking up next to your wife.

When has it ever been about need?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.