Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
some people have a gift for ranting. this guy is one of them

and I am with him 100% on this one - 40 second video

https://i.imgur.com/va5AYJw.mp4

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
He certainly appears sincere in his disdain of the airlines.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've pretty much stopped flying,.....have to pay $1000 or so to go someplace and get treated like you're in prison in the process.

The last trip for me was to California. My wife didn't stand in front of the X-ray machine long enough and the TSA guy started running his yap and had a female TSA agent come over and pat her down.

That was when I said "fug this".

If I'm not in the mood to drive there, I don't go.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
occasionally I have no choice

but I don't fly enough to get perks like better seats or getting on earlier, so I'm in that undesirable position of flying just often enough to always sit by the 320 pound guy that brought a footlong sub sandwich to eat on the flight while the mother of the 2 year old behind me is already apologizing to me about how bad her kid is before I sit down.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If one has to travel through out the year and can nail down your dates several months down the road, there are some deals to be had.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm about over traveling, anyway. For the most part I'm perfectly content to stay home.

My idea of a vacation is to go to some area and wander around. Stay one place a day or two, then drive to some other place,..repeat until it's time to come home.

My wife likes to go to the coast somewhere and just sit there for a week. I drive her to the ocean someplace about twice a year and stay bored as hell until it's time to come home.

I'm about done with that, too.

I may have made my last trip to Florida. There's nothing in Florida that's worth driving through Atlanta.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Pat85
If one has to travel through out the year and can nail down your dates several months down the road, there are some deals to be had.

Flying has gotten to be such a clusterfug, it could be free and I'd still dread it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Great deals now. Just picked ups flight to Alaska for under $300 end of August for silvers and steelhead

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Some good deals on airline stocks. You can go through life biching and complaining or adapt and take advantages during changes and down times.

Last edited by ribka; 04/19/20.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've flown a few times since the quarantine took effect and while I dealt with cancelled flights, I loved how easy it was to get through airports and having empty planes. It reminded me of when flying wasn't a hassle. I'd gladly put up with some canceled flights to avoid the cattle car feeling of modern air travel.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish he'd tell us how he really feels instead of sugar coating it.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
......... That guy comes off like an idiot.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Last time I flew, seating was so cramped I developed a blood clot in my left calf. Decided right then, nevermore.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Last time I flew, seating was so cramped I developed a blood clot in my left calf. Decided right then, nevermore.

I fly the past ten years wear compression stockings on long flights. And I walk a lot during layovers in connecting flights an ddrink a lot of water.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't have a problem. I had a round trip ticket for a hunt in Texas this May that was cancelled, so I called AMEX and my card was credited...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
LOL that guy is great. 😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's that guy's user name here on the 'Fire?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've pretty much stopped flying,.....have to pay $1000 or so to go someplace and get treated like you're in prison in the process.

The last trip for me was to California. My wife didn't stand in front of the X-ray machine long enough and the TSA guy started running his yap and had a female TSA agent come over and pat her down.

That was when I said "fug this".

If I'm not in the mood to drive there, I don't go.

Yep. If I can’t drive there, I don’t go anymore.
Fugg being stuck in a Airport or in a cramped up seat in a plane with a bunch of Fuggin Idiots.
Besides, if I drive somewhere, my Handgun stays on my person. Not locked away in the luggage department.

Only flying I do anymore is on a friend’s Cessna 172.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
He certainly appears sincere in his disdain of the airlines.
Yep. He sure does...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Oh dayom, that was fuggin HILARIOUS!!!!

I have to fly, for work. Wife and I fly Southwest whenever possible, and funnel all of our daily spending through their credit card.

We rack up so many points on the CC that she earns "companion pass" status. Hawaii? I buy my ticket with points, she flies FREE.

Cabo to see my father? I book my ticket with points, she flies FREE.

For work travel, I always book hotels through Southwest on-line and book the hotels offering extra points. For example, it is not uncommon for me to stay 3 nights in some hotel and earn 15,000 points for the trip, which gets us round trip to Tucson to see her family, free.

We have not paid cash for an airline ticket since I cannot remember, if we are traveling to a Southwest destination. Haven't looked recently but I think I have ~700k SW points.

Best airline/CC perk in the world right now, IMHO!

Last edited by duck911; 04/19/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.