-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Will they be able to successfully sue the Fed or State to make them whole for forcing them to close & eventually go out of business for lack of cash flow?

What say you? Did they exist at the pleasure of the Fed or States?

MM

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think so, unless maybe the court would determine the close was unrelated to public safety. I think .gov has plausible deniability.
>gov does not get punished, if anything they will print more money and steal from the future. So win or lose, it is a loss.
Winners would be lawyers for litigation.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
It’s goung to boil down to who the feds and states deem as essiantal and that pretty much means if you are not and a authority forces you to close and follow the rules or you voluntarily close i saw some barbers doing special appointments early on a few weeks ago now they’ve been forced to blind there windows

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We are in a bad situation when the government decides the winners and losers in all this.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thankfully the Trump economy allowed me to have an outstanding year in business last year. I should have enough cash to carry me [hopefully] till this douche bag Governor of Pa. reopens our economy.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I;m not sure that the small businesses will not have some success with lawsuits.

Gov definitions are pretty arbitrary; you can't sell cigars, but pot can be sold for instance.

Lots of room for interpretation, especially if tried by a jury. I dunno................awful fate for a lot of small businesses, resturuant industry is in bad shape.

MM

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Time for civil disobedience. Reopen your business practicing common sense social distancing guidelines.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I;m not sure that the small businesses will not have some success with lawsuits.

Gov definitions are pretty arbitrary; you can't sell cigars, but pot can be sold for instance.

Lots of room for interpretation, especially if tried by a jury. I dunno................awful fate for a lot of small businesses, resturuant industry is in bad shape.

MM

Government wouldn't want me on a jury. I would tend to side with a business over an arbitrary rule maker.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter what the business is. It boils down to how the business practices safety and distancing. Shouldn't matter if what the product for sale. The only snag in my mind are services such as barber shops, chiropractors, and business requiring close personal contact.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
We are in a bad situation when the government decides the winners and losers in all this.

Well that's a Plutocracy enabled by an Oligarchy. Been that from way back when.

TRH can elaborate on the subject.

Last edited by SAcharlie; 04/20/20.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Nancy Pelosi’s hypocrisy comes at a real cost to small businesses

by Kaylee McGhee
| April 19, 2020 12:49 PM

President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus is certainly worth criticism, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is the wrong person to give it.

“He’s a poor leader,” she told ABC News’s This Week on Sunday. “He’s always trying to avoid responsibility and assign blame.”

What followed this comment was a series of finger-pointing and deflections — made not by the president but by the speaker.

For the past week or so, Pelosi and the other Democratic leaders have refused to approve additional funding for the Paycheck Protection Program, a fund established by Congress earlier this month to help struggling small businesses amid the coronavirus pandemic. That fund has officially run dry, less than two weeks after launching.

Asked why she and her colleagues have rejected the Trump administration’s request for an additional $250 billion in emergency funds to bolster the PPP, Pelosi avoided responsibility and assigned blame.

“Of course, we all support the Paycheck Protection Program,” Pelosi said, adding that Democrats would like to see the program include funding for other sectors, too, before they approve the package in its entirety.

The Democrats are trying to do to the PPP what they did to Congress’s $2 trillion relief package — they’re trying to fill it with additional, unrelated funding that requires comprehensive debate. The small businesses shutting their doors don’t have time for that debate, which is why Senate Republicans have pushed for a stand-alone bill that would immediately address the needs of the PPP, while tabling the Democrats’ additional funding requests for Congress’s next relief package. This seems like a straightforward, fair offer, but the Democrats have continued to stonewall, all while pointing the finger at Republicans.

So, it’s difficult to take Pelosi seriously when she speaks of leadership. She clearly thinks of herself as a good leader, yet she continues to do that which she’s condemned: She refuses to take responsibility for the PPP’s funding shortage and points the finger at the other side of the political aisle instead.

This kind of hypocrisy isn’t just tiresome, it comes at a real cost. Our economy is at a standstill, millions of Americans are losing their jobs every single week, and the PPP funding many businesses need to keep their doors open can no longer be relied upon. This is a serious problem that should never have been a problem in the first place. Congress could have immediately bolstered the PPP’s funding had Pelosi and the other Democratic leaders demonstrated just an ounce of humility.

But here we are.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The democrats have gotten by lying to the general public. This has happened with the media’s help. Unfortunately for the democrats the public is paying attention now. It’s going to cost at election time. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.