Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 44mc
grizz the short twig sis is on the rag this week .he is just having his brake down

I reckon so. Prolly didn't get his stimulus check. Freaking babbling buffoon. Gots to be the worst troll in the history of this or any other forum.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cheer up,I've got a part time job and my monthly paychecks are only 5 digits. Hoping the Superposed arrives today,but Mail is spotty. The 130 Beer Cans are shooting nicely and I'm feeling like I've a few casts left in me. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Do Nothing Droolers are a fhuqking hoot! Hint.

Facts & Physics ain't "fads". Hint.

Bless your hearts,for doing your best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not for nothing - never understood bragging on having a Gucci AR.

They're literally tinker-toys that shoot.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
I get the fascination with high BC heavy bullets for long range shooting. I get the attraction of smaller cartridges with less recoil. What I don’t get is when a guy uses a rifle for hunting, hunts an area where shots are under 500 yards and sometimes well under that, he feels the need to go to a smaller bore for less recoil and still wants high BC bullets. What is wrong with a .308 with a 130 or even 110 TTSX, or a 125 NBT or Accubond? The larger bore gets more velocity for the weight of the bullet, and thus should shoot flatter and hit harder inside 4-500 yards. Recoil is reduced, trajectory is flattened, and energy is increased.

So why sell a 308 to get a 243 or similar? Why not simply load lightweight bullets in the 308 and roll on? Asking this mostly out of simple curiosity after hearing guys at the LGS trading into smaller bore rifles to get higher BC and less recoil, here where a shot over 300 yards is a rarity. Is there.a good reason for this, or is it just loonyism?

Yahtzee!

I've a number of rifles but will zero my Kimber MT .308 today with Federal # V308VM110; a Hornady 110 grain V-Max at a purported 3,300 fps. It's got a Aimpoint Comp M2 on top. Ima zero it at 50 yards and should effectively zap any critter that's looks bigger than the 2MOA dot inside 250 yards.

We got armadillos here now, so hoping to mist a few soon. I believe that load might bisect a younger coyote at woods ranges.

I got a 40 acre wooded place and most shots are less than 50 yards, but have several neighbors who have big fields that have coyote traipsing at times, and hang out in my creek bottom.

P.S. Stick, if I'm not on foot, I'll have my .260 CTR w an MQ Farker on top in truck or on ATV in case real precision needed.

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sharps4590
Good grief, not only is it a lunatic, it's a foul mouthed imbecile.

welcome to Alaska Trailer Park meth head jibberish....

it aint' easy being Schtick...

as for the spelling, cut Stumpy some slack... he's usually so drunk, its his Lab typing this for him via dictation...
besides the dog spells a lot better than Stumpy does...and types better also...

plus the Lab is smarter than Schtick... and that is before him abusing Alcohol and Meth...

and you'd be bitchy if your sex life was Rosie Palm and her 10 sisters, all lubricated with Remington Gun Slick...

yeah, it ain't easy being Schtick.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColdCase1984
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
I get the fascination with high BC heavy bullets for long range shooting. I get the attraction of smaller cartridges with less recoil. What I don’t get is when a guy uses a rifle for hunting, hunts an area where shots are under 500 yards and sometimes well under that, he feels the need to go to a smaller bore for less recoil and still wants high BC bullets. What is wrong with a .308 with a 130 or even 110 TTSX, or a 125 NBT or Accubond? The larger bore gets more velocity for the weight of the bullet, and thus should shoot flatter and hit harder inside 4-500 yards. Recoil is reduced, trajectory is flattened, and energy is increased.

So why sell a 308 to get a 243 or similar? Why not simply load lightweight bullets in the 308 and roll on? Asking this mostly out of simple curiosity after hearing guys at the LGS trading into smaller bore rifles to get higher BC and less recoil, here where a shot over 300 yards is a rarity. Is there.a good reason for this, or is it just loonyism?

Yahtzee!

I've a number of rifles but will zero my Kimber MT .308 today with Federal # V308VM110; a Hornady 110 grain V-Max at a purported 3,300 fps. It's got a Aimpoint Comp M2 on top. Ima zero it at 50 yards and should effectively zap any critter that's looks bigger than the 2MOA dot inside 250 yards.

We got armadillos here now, so hoping to mist a few soon. I believe that load might bisect a younger coyote at woods ranges.

I got a 40 acre wooded place and most shots are less than 50 yards, but have several neighbors who have big fields that have coyote traipsing at times, and hang out in my creek bottom.

P.S. Stick, if I'm not on foot, I'll have my .260 CTR w an MQ Farker on top in truck or on ATV in case real precision needed.

I love watching armadillos pieces fly. Enjoy!

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ofelas
Considering I've seen "BigStick" post experience based stuff, albeit abrasively; while y'all detractors only have personal attacks without fact based rebuttals.
Apparently, you haven't been paying attention.
What experience exactly does Fug Stick have other than shooting boulders and a few animals?

On the other hand, if you knew anything about some of the other posters on here, you'd know that you were reading material written by local, state and national record holders, match winners, President's 100, Distinguished Rifle and Pistol shooters, state champions and even some national champions.

So again, what exactly does Fug Stick bring to the table other than condescension and outright insults? The guy can't even figure out how to set up a scope on an AR.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Cheer up,I've got a part time job and my monthly paychecks are only 5 digits.
If you weren't lying, you'd have been out there winning matches.

Fact is, you are trailer trash washed up on a rock in the Gulf of AK.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
teal,

I've a "few"AR's and upon both platforms. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I shoot more 260AI,than I do SALAMI. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Weren't my intent to horn Shefire up,but her fascinations with Male Anatomy never wane...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

Poor poor(literally) Trybone and her haste to steal pics. I've barely made 60K this year. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
60K YTD?

F u c k!

And you were trying to tell everyone here you were roll'n in the big bucks.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PLEASE don't "tease" me about my part-time job,nor correlate how it upsets you so. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

At least you "get"to "read" about it,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.........................

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$60K - LOL! Trailer trash, washed up on a rock.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
teal,

Weren't my intent to horn Shefire up,but her fascinations with Male Anatomy never wane...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Laughing!

Poor poor(literally) Trybone and her haste to steal pics. I've barely made 60K this year. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

60 K? Nothing wrong with that just that she seems to think that makes her overly wealthy... This chick is really pitiful. Almost feels sorry for her except she's a trophy troll. Sad, Hint, Congrats and Sayounara prick...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
And you know the little mutt was lying about the $60K. Probably cut that BS buy 50% and it might be close.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
teal,

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

60 K? Nothing wrong with that just that she seems to think that makes her overly wealthy... This chick is really pitiful. Almost feels sorry for her except she's a trophy troll. Sad, Hint, Congrats and Sayounara prick...

That's 60k so far this year, 4 months. Consider he also works a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off schedule which means 60k in 2 months of actual work and no state income taxes. The slope pays well.

Not sticking up for him - can do that himself but so many slag and say "he doesn't tell anyone good information" - you have to read all of it and understand before firing off a response.

My point about the AR was mostly some dog others because they don't have a Gucci AR - dude, a 9 year old with dad's CC and 45 mins of youtube can twist one up. Lack of brand name on the side isn't an indicator of value.

Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oof. I'm more of an overseas shooter than a domestic hunter.

I fill the upright freezer a couple times a year & that's pretty much it, aside from dozens of social distanced trotting 'yotes every year.

I did reach out to a few folks on here almost a decade back for some hunting advice, and I can say that Big Stick was one of the 3 that PM'd back.

With super friendly, bang on advice.

He is good to go in my book, I have no motives to take one side or another, let alone in an anonymous forum.

I don't have any other answers for y'all.

Hope that's decent enough, don't be picking on me unless we meet in person.

Fair enough?

Low speed, high drag
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Understand, but you can get better information, elsewhere, without putting up with it's idiotic babble.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
teal,

Bless your hearts.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

That's 60k so far this year, 4 months. Consider he also works a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off schedule which means 60k in 2 months of actual work and no state income taxes. The slope pays well.

Not sticking up for him - can do that himself but so many slag and say "he doesn't tell anyone good information" - you have to read all of it and understand before firing off a response.

My point about the AR was mostly some dog others because they don't have a Gucci AR - dude, a 9 year old with dad's CC and 45 mins of youtube can twist one up. Lack of brand name on the side isn't an indicator of value.

Whatever... She's still a prick... Fair enough...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fug Stick has probably circled the toilet with the rest of the oil bus these last 3 months.

He's a lying sack of schitt. It's not even his "advice" or his lies that annoy me.
He's a fugging prick to people and I'm not putting up with it. We've discussed this before, he knows how to act to keep me from busting his chops, but he won't be nice to people. Fck him! It's troll season, baby!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.