Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
atse Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Looking for input on these,especially with bear loads. Buffalo bore, ect. Thanks.

BP-B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wonderful gun...bought one just after they came out and it is an easy shooting 10mm compared to the G20 or G29...

Have not shot any 200-220 cast yet but will be shortly. Have shot a bunch of Underwood Xtreme Defender and 155/165 grain reloads with zero problems...

Several of the guys on here have them and everyone seems to be real happy with them..

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RJM
Wonderful gun...bought one just after they came out and it is an easy shooting 10mm compared to the G20 or G29...

Have not shot any 200-220 cast yet but will be shortly. Have shot a bunch of Underwood Xtreme Defender and 155/165 grain reloads with zero problems...

Several of the guys on here have them and everyone seems to be real happy with them..

Bob

Yes, I remember reading of one poster that punched a white tail doe at 75 yards with the red dot sight on his Glock 10mm, I thought that was a hell of a shot, and quiet a capable hunting arm.

Trump Won!
A
atse Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks for the input. Will take more!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I like mine. I’ve shot hard cast from Buffalo bore,and double tap without any hiccups plus various other bullet designs from a bunch of different companies.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
top of the list for fun factor, shoots smoother than 20s
so far 1200 180gr. cast at steel out to 75 yds. 300 jacketed

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Great gun. I put a Bar-Sto semi dropping barrel in it, adjustable night sights, and a Vogel trigger. It's fine out of the box but I can't leave my guns alone. Makes shooting full power 200 grain bullets at 1200fps feel like a 9mm. I wish Glock stuck with their original design of using the G41 width slide, but as a woods, hunting gun, it's hard to beat.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Bought one as my first, and only, Glock. Wanted a 10mm to play with and found a great price on one set up with suppressor sights and Burris FF. Have put a couple hundred rounds of mostly 180 gr fmj's though it and will echo others, a smooth shooter.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mine has a KKM barrel, stainless pins, polished trigger. I like it a lot. I've shot a bunch of hardcast through it. Both reloads and Underwood.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Nice gun for hunting. Even with hotter stuff, recoil not bad. Great with a red dot for hunting

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
QUICKLY throw that barrel far far away. Better yet get in a boat and sink it in the deepest body of water you have access to and get your fine self a 9MM barrel.
Maybe even get some one with a torch to cut it up and then dispose the pieces in various parts of the countryside buried deeply with a post hole digger and concrete poured into the hole at least a foot and a half deep.
That 9MM Miraculous Farce barrel will better serve you in your time of need. With loads for the 9MM from mice to Elephant you will be set.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Great gun. I put a Bar-Sto semi dropping barrel in it, adjustable night sights, and a Vogel trigger. It's fine out of the box but I can't leave my guns alone. Makes shooting full power 200 grain bullets at 1200fps feel like a 9mm. I wish Glock stuck with their original design of using the G41 width slide, but as a woods, hunting gun, it's hard to beat.

Interested in hearing more about what sights you have on yours? Adj. Night Sights? Brand? Model?

Mark in GA

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Picked one up and added Dawson sights , Trijicon RMR with CH precision mos adapter plate (excellent piece , much better than Glock ) polished the hell out of the trigger and let it rip .
It’s been an accurate soft shooting gun .
Only boutique Ammo I’ve tried has been underwood 180 xtp and 200 hitek coated hard cast . Groups well with both .

I find it overall setup a touch nose heavy in shooting , I’m used to the more trim g41 . Rides well in a Kydex chest rig anytime I’m in the woods

All they had in stock was a turkey [bleep] brown frame when I decided to buy but whatever

Last edited by jmd025; 04/24/20.

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They are very nice pistols. If you want to shoot hardcast in them, it will be best to pick out an aftermarket barrel. Bar Sto is probably the best choice if your pockets are somewhat deep.I put a Leupold Delta Point on mine and Dawson night sights.I also bought a Simply Rugged chest holster for it that allows me to adjust it to sit about any place on the front of my torso that I chose. I have a few more things in store for it too. Double Tap also makes a hardcast flat faced load with a 230 grain slug. I have some but haven't shot them yet. At one time I believe Buffalo Bore was selling their 10mm bullets for reloading. I've been looking for some 200 and plus grain hardcast bullets but many don't have the flat face that I prefer.Good luck with your search for information. I hope you get one. You'll enjoy it!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All I have been using is 180 grain Hornady JHP or Federal JSP. Both are very accurate, I have the Trijicon RMR Dot sight, and Trijicon suppressor height night sights. I can snap on a 1000 lumen white light for night hog hunrpts

Sam......

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Since mine is for home defense and anti-carjacking, have TruGlo TFO sights and a Streamlight 800 lumen light/green laser....

Also have a Lone Wolf .357 SIG Barrel...really sweet shooter...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
A
atse Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I appreciate all the input. Looks like I am getting one for work. Its primary job is when I do grizzly work on livestock depredations, hence the questions about buffalo bore. I always carry a shotgun, but need a dependable side arm. Thick brush, and close situations are not uncommon.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That job sounds safer than cop’n in Chicago. LOL. NO not really.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by RickyD
If you want to shoot hardcast in them, it will be best to pick out an aftermarket barrel.

Not true. That's one of those internet myths that people keep repeating to justify buying extra doodads.

The factory Glock barrel is better quality than most of the aftermarket options (and I do have a bunch of them in a drawer) and handles hard cast bullets without issues.

A
atse Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Is a stiffer spring needed for the hard cast bullets, or does the factory spring work just fine?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
730 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 75 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.