Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Last couple years the only thing I have hunted is cock and a few sharptails.

Give the tribe $200 to shoot 7-8 birds on our own property.
(just to be legal, probably the only white guy around who pays up every year for both cock and general upland...)

That is basically my only expense.

And at the rate I currently shoot I have enough rifles and reloading chit to last me several lifetimes.

I wouldn't mind having a new spotter and a new camera.

And a 6.5 Fieldcraft with a can.

And a....

But lately all the 'extra' money goes to work related items!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm going to adhere to the Constitution and plead the 5th.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Never attempted to keep track. My hunting in the U.S. has all been on public land or free access to private. I hunted out of state in Colorado a few times, but overall, it's been fairly cheap. I hunted in Africa one year, and enjoyed it immensely, but if there were any way to quantify the pleasure/price ratio, hunting at home has been by far a better bargain. As stated above, it's been worth every penny.
Fishing is something else entirely. I'm a terrible fisherman, and get bored if I don't catch something the first hour so go exploring. I bought a boat about 15 years ago, and the price per fish is staggering.

Last edited by DHN; 04/25/20.

Dale

O
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
O
I don't be thinking I would ever want the Mrs. to be reading this site. but
approx. $100 - $300 about covers it.
Oldcuss

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I didn't get to do much hunting between 20 and 40, but the last 22 years I've pretty much made up for that in spades. Hunting and fishing are very expensive hobbies that require a lot of work.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Before I was married, I worked 2 jobs to have hunting money, and borrowed with mortgages when I built my house (rationalized I was paying me for my labor). Took me 2 dall hunts and $15k to kill a good ram. Another $7500 for a goat hunt, $8k for a bighorn hunt. Didn't get a ram, but spent got to meet scenarshooter. That doesn't include several wyoming and Colorado DIY hunts or hunts at home or neighboring states. Hunted Alaska a lot in my youth when my dad lived there. All in all its been money well spent. Wish I could do more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This just brings to mind the old saying "I hope when I die my wife sells my stuff for what it's worth, not for what I told her it cost".

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was married once and what that and the divorce cost for 5 years of getting some none to often is simply staggering compared to hunting and fishing costs. So WGAF, I never in my life heard of anyone on their death bed saying they wished they hadn't hunted and fished so much, it's usually the opposite. I'll be god**mned if anyone is going to make feel bad for not spending more money on rubber dogshit made in china and bought at wallyworld. Huh, good thing I like cheap cold beer and a shot of good whiskey. No one should ever ANALyse their sporting costs., christ that's demeaning. MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 04/25/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
A boatload, literally. I have been lucky enough to have friends around the country who have invited me, those I repaid with guns, hay wagons, cattle guards, semis of baled hay, one of my crews went out and built a ranch house etc. add all that in and it gets really scarey.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Originally Posted by EIB0879
No clue but worth every penny.

I hate when these questions get asked.

I've wasted a lot of money in my life but nothing on hunting or fishing.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My plan is to wait 1 week before I die and trade off a tractor for a nice walleye boat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You mean that Texas doesn’t have the same marital property act of 1977 like Wisconsin? The wife can recite it verbatim, so I’m not telling. She knows about the new handgun this morning, so I’m awaiting the conversation. Honey you can get a new handgun too won’t fly I’m afraid.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve been thinking about this while I’m working on a bunch of new deer lease stuff. I kinda half ass added it up. I’m over 450,000 in the 45 years I’ve been hunting. I’m counting hunting buggies,Jeeps, bird dogs, guns, campers, and stands-feeders. I know that’s 10,000 per year, but might be short still.

It’s been worth it!

How much do you thing you have spent?

My wife thinks I have only spent a few dollars.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Not as much as I've spent maintaining a woman for 40 years... and I hunt and fish a chitload.

Kent

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don't even wanna think about it, and I really don't give a sheit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife always went hunting with me, she loved it and would have been heartbroken if I had not taken her with me. Her Model 722 Remington .257 Roberts claimed a lot of deer, pronghorns and a few prairie dogs.

Haven't a clue what it cost and dont care, it was all priceless to me.

We are too old now, but that's ok, we had a great time. grin

Edit: Sometimes even now I will come home from the gunshow with something different than what I have, her reaction is something like: "Oh, what did you get, when can we go shoot it? "

Last edited by jnyork; 04/25/20.

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
You are on a need to know basis. And you don't need to know.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Boats and farms are expensive..... then all the cool toys to maximize my time. I wouldnt change a thing except having bigger boats and farms :-)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jnyork
My wife always went hunting with me, she loved it and would have been heartbroken if I had not taken her with me. Her Model 722 Remington .257 Roberts claimed a lot of deer, pronghorns and a few prairie dogs.

Haven't a clue what it cost and dont care, it was all priceless to me.

We are too old now, but that's ok, we had a great time. grin

Edit: Sometimes even now I will come home from the gunshow with something different than what I have, her reaction is something like: "Oh, what did you get, when can we go shoot it? "

Now that is a woman.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
The other day someone asked me if the hunting sport has been commercialized and i told him that i don't think so. the tradition is only pass down, little stronger and different tools but overall great. If i have to put a number to in i would i have spend up to $3000 hunting last october.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,241
Posts18,466,784
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.