Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 27 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 26 27
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
What sort of light do you use when gunnin' w/ that 870?

mike r

Mike, tossin' this your way just for thought. Next time you wake up in the middle of the night, how do you find the bathroom? Any night lights in the house? Lights outside that transmit a little light inside? Reason I ask, is that when you awaken at 0-dark thirty your night vision is as good as you will ever experience. Quite possibly it's better than that of the buttinskis breaking into your nest. Take a look, imagine a scattergun in your mitts and ask yourself why you want to turn on a light on your gun to make a perfect target out of yourself.

They know what they want to do, but really don't know the layout of your home or where you are. Keep surprise on your side.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But if someone enters house without announcement...well. 870 is loaded with
a#71/2 spreader load, #6 spreader followed with 3 rounds of 00 buck. The #71/2
was 4" up and down and 14" wide at 20'. #6 was about 4" by 12" both on a 1/2"
4'x4' pc of sheetrock.

Massad Ayoob related an incident where an armed homeowner shot an intruder with bird shot, horribly scarring and permanently blinding the perp.

The appearance of the guy who was shot was enough to sway a civil jury, even though it was a legal use of force, the homeowner lost heavily.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Massage Ayboob???

Holy fugk.

Go work on your pretend school work. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
DDan - absolutely, no lights -And have no need to rack the slide
til after the first shot.
Oldcuss

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Massage Ayboob???

Holy fugk.

What? He made it up?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
What sort of light do you use when gunnin' w/ that 870?

mike r

Mike, tossin' this your way just for thought. Next time you wake up in the middle of the night, how do you find the bathroom? Any night lights in the house? Lights outside that transmit a little light inside? Reason I ask, is that when you awaken at 0-dark thirty your night vision is as good as you will ever experience. Quite possibly it's better than that of the buttinskis breaking into your nest. Take a look, imagine a scattergun in your mitts and ask yourself why you want to turn on a light on your gun to make a perfect target out of yourself.

They know what they want to do, but really don't know the layout of your home or where you are. Keep surprise on your side.

I can find the bathroom and my wiener in the dark, I can"t ID friend from foe in the same level of light and our house has plenty of windows. I have practiced for hours in my home w/ the ambient light available and know that POSITIVE target ID is slower and less reliable w/out a light.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Don't forget, you have a huge advantage inside your own home, you know every square inch and what's behind every wall. The bad guy don't.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Massage Ayboob???

Holy fugk.

What? He made it up?

You’re too old to require all this hand holding.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Massage Ayboob???

Holy fugk.

What? He made it up?

He made up most of his resume and advice. He was however a good shot on the range. Just a guess but I am thinking that you have never attended one of his classes. He is an expert at demonstrating his expertise w/ compliant adversaries, LMFAO.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He made up most of his resume and advice. He was however a good shot on the range. Just a guess but I am thinking that you have never attended one of his classes. He is an expert at demonstrating his expertise w/ compliant adversaries, LMFAO.

mike r

OK, I presume you have met the man and I have no basis for doubting your word that Massad Ayoob is a liar.

What do you think about fine birdshot like 6 and 7.5's for home defense?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Massage Ayboob???

Holy fugk.

What? He made it up?

You’re too old to require all this hand holding.

But you ain't too old to avoid the question?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I had the opportunity to shoot 3 different Intruders and never pulled the trigger, thank God. Two of the times were black dudes that entered the wrong hotel room and wrong condo to fix a sink. I had the lazer on their heads and one pizzed himself. The other one was doped up and just opened the door and walked right in. He started waving his hands at me when I jumped up so I pistol wipped him to the ground. The only person I actually shot at I missed but he definitely got the message. I'd have a hard time shooting someone if I wasn't in fear of my life.

With respect....This sounds like utter bullshît!

😎

I'm not sure what part is utter BS to you. I take my personal protection very serious and I honestly don't know why I didn't shoot any of the three. It's totally out of character for me. The 2 guys coming into the condo happened in 2018 on Jekyll Island and I heard them screwing with the lock on the door so I was more than ready, they couldn't find their master key. The guy I knocked out was at a police sergeants house of all things. Guess you'd really think I was BSing if I said I've been shot in the right lung with a 38, been stabbed and gutted by a punk from Colorado, and run over in our parking lot by a redneck that I threw out of our bar. Yep, I'd sure hate for the truth to get in the way of a good story.

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had the opportunity to shoot 3 different Intruders and never pulled the trigger, thank God. Two of the times were black dudes that entered the wrong hotel room and wrong condo to fix a sink. I had the lazer on their heads and one pizzed himself. The other one was doped up and just opened the door and walked right in. He started waving his hands at me when I jumped up so I pistol wipped him to the ground. The only person I actually shot at I missed but he definitely got the message. I'd have a hard time shooting someone if I wasn't in fear of my life.

😎

I'm not sure what part is utter BS to you. I take my personal protection very serious and I honestly don't know why I didn't shoot any of the three. It's totally out of character for me. The 2 guys coming into the condo happened in 2018 on Jekyll Island and I heard them screwing with the lock on the door so I was more than ready, they couldn't find their master key. The guy I knocked out was at a police sergeants house of all things. Guess you'd really think I was BSing if I said I've been shot in the right lung with a 38, been stabbed and gutted by a punk from Colorado, and run over in our parking lot by a redneck that I threw out of our bar. Yep, I'd sure hate for the truth to get in the way of a good story.

I told Beaver you weren't playin' 😁😁

He didn't mean nothin' by it, he's really a pretty good dude.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by mirage243
Don't forget, you have a huge advantage inside your own home, you know every square inch and what's behind every wall. The bad guy don't.

I don't think you need much of an advantage. Life is unreal sometimes.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 04/25/20.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
As to the low light positive ID of possible friendlies, it ain’t happening. And in a dark house(we don’t use night lights and limit other sources of light when we sleep), where I am familiar and the intruder is not, a momentary blast of hundreds of lumens of white light followed by darkness let’s me ID the target and does more to disorient them than help them locate me. It’s not like I do this while centered in a fatal funnel, either. And if that light shows a stranger who is armed, the light going out and the trigger being pulled happen simultaneously. And yes, I have trained for this over the last several years.

Besides, it sounds better in court that I used a light to ascertain the nature of the threat than to say I put on the NOD I had on my nightstand and ambushed them in the pitch black house...😂

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 04/25/20.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243

😎

I told Beaver you weren't playin' 😁😁

He didn't mean nothin' by it, he's really a pretty good dude.

Apologies for calling you a bull-shît artist....You’re as close to living a John Wick life as anyone. Laffin.

I stand by my statement you should try a shotgun. Grins.

PS,
I hope the rest of your life is peaceful and quiet. You deserve it after the carnage you’ve experienced.

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

But you ain't too old to avoid the question?

I think it's best that you stick to birds and bicycles.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone who doesn't know that a shotgun is the most effective, and safest, weapon in close quarters is ignorant or stupid.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Anyone who doesn't know that a shotgun is the most effective, and safest, weapon in close quarters is ignorant or stupid.

I didn't do it, but walked up on the aftermath of a guy that took a load of #1 Buck in the belly button at spitting distance, the crushing blast and momentum of the shot charge knocked both of his hips out of their sockets, he was dead, and I believe. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I've met a couple war veterans that would not agree.

But enjoy your absolute.

Page 13 of 27 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
165 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 15 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.