Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 31 32
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This is my current chair. Fresh from the dumps where the old woman picked it up.

True story. She came home and said she found a chair at the dumps. I says to her go back and get it if it was any good.

Ha! You married well!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chips and salsa.Ok now time for yard work.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Amazing what people will throw away......

While I should be posting about chicken feet or chopped liver, I gotta tell you about what I threw away about a year ago. My parents lived in the house I grew up in for about 45 years, but a few years back they had to move to an assisted living type place due to age, injury and mental issues. My dad was a world class hoarder, which was compounded by the fact that he grew up in the family business of second hand furniture. To him, everything had a potential value and I'm not kidding, he would not throw a thing out, from plastic bags to empty pickle jars to every dang piece of clothing and furniture he ever owned.

Most of their stuff was able to fit into their assisted living unit/garage space, but last year their condition deteriorated and they went into nursing. So everything other than a few small things (old records and record player and a cabinet) went into storage, and then we started to throw things out recently. We've gone through three full size dumpsters and still have a ton of crap to get rid of. Lots of people see their old furniture and say it must be valuable, but I'm tired of moving furniture from one storage place to another and no one would actually buy the crap my parents had. So off to the dumps it goes.

I laugh at shows like Storage Wars, where the people assign ridiculous values to worthless stuff ("Oh, this broken side table with weird stains is a $20 bill all day long"). If that were true, my parents would have a huge roll of cash. They don't.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remsen
Amazing what people will throw away......

While I should be posting about chicken feet or chopped liver, I gotta tell you about what I threw away about a year ago. My parents lived in the house I grew up in for about 45 years, but a few years back they had to move to an assisted living type place due to age, injury and mental issues. My dad was a world class hoarder, which was compounded by the fact that he grew up in the family business of second hand furniture. To him, everything had a potential value and I'm not kidding, he would not throw a thing out, from plastic bags to empty pickle jars to every dang piece of clothing and furniture he ever owned.

Most of their stuff was able to fit into their assisted living unit/garage space, but last year their condition deteriorated and they went into nursing. So everything other than a few small things (old records and record player and a cabinet) went into storage, and then we started to throw things out recently. We've gone through three full size dumpsters and still have a ton of crap to get rid of. Lots of people see their old furniture and say it must be valuable, but I'm tired of moving furniture from one storage place to another and no one would actually buy the crap my parents had. So off to the dumps it goes.

I laugh at shows like Storage Wars, where the people assign ridiculous values to worthless stuff ("Oh, this broken side table with weird stains is a $20 bill all day long"). If that were true, my parents would have a huge roll of cash. They don't.

And - you have to remember: if you see something for sale at X$s, and you have one just like it, yours isn't worth tschidt.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Jim, you need a reality show of you own!!!!!!

Molon Labe
IC B2

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Jim, you need a reality show of you own!!!!!!

great idea, he could paris hilton to come over and join them

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, Green Acres II

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

burnt toaster oven cheese sanger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Momma would say, "that'll scrape right off" !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

If Momma was the one that made it, I'll bet dollars to donuts that it's the result of her "just checking in on Facebook".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
momma told us to make our own toast

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad

If Momma was the one that made it, I'll bet dollars to donuts that it's the result of her "just checking in on Facebook".

My Mother doesn't do the facebooks !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I smashed about a pound of Schneiders European pepperettes already this week too.

[Linked Image from images.chickadvisor.com]

i would love those...hosers have a lot of processed cured meat, 'smokies' was another

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ha! Thats the old chair we got from Grandma when she died.

Thats for sitting in the kitchen.

This is my current chair. Fresh from the dumps where the old woman picked it up.

True story. She came home and said she found a chair at the dumps. I says to her go back and get it if it was any good.

Smelled like cabbage and carpet powder for the first year.

"smelled like cabbage and carpet powder"... anyone who thinks poetry is a lost art in America has yet to read Large James. His prose and Huntsmans22's art humbles most of the modern masters.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn that BLT looks good.

[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Damn that BLT looks good.

[Linked Image from 3.bp.blogspot.com]

you snack like a millenial, must be daughters' influence...i've resisted the pressure from my daughters', not easy..LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been shoppin at Trader Joes before the first millennial was ever born.

That said very few items I get from there anymore.

I do get a hankering for their pfeffernusse every Christmas though.

Also two buck chuck every now and again.

You are right about the Daughters though. Especially the college one that got me stumbling drunk a few weekends back.

"Maybe we're all happy."

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
one Christmas when the kids were in college didn't know what to get them, so i went to a Trader Joe's (only two in the region), first time ever, started grabbing two of all kinds of stuff, threw it in boxes, wrapped it up. they loved it

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Yeah, Green Acres II

Beverly Hillbillies would be more appropriate. 😜

To be fair to Jim, when we were kids, we called our parents the Beverly Hillbillies 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/26/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

255 members (01Foreman400, 257 mag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 2UP, 10Glocks, 31 invisible), 1,338 guests, and 1,052 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,550
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.