Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Stars & Bars working just fine for me here.

[Linked Image]

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/6/634063_ts.jpg

LOL, Nice!

I would try those 2" or 2&1/4" Italian buckshot shells. Those six pellet SG loads really reduce bandolier or belt weight. Each shell is substantially lighter than 2&3/4" one.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have dogs both inside an out so nothing will surprise me and I will have plenty of time to decide what weapon and what for, if it is a coyote, raccoon or skunk the shotgun is it. If it is an intruder my main issue will be separating my dog safely from said intruder which is easier done with a handgun in one hand. In reality the dogs are my first line of defense and I am there to support them.

In so many home invasion incidents we hear about, a barking dog might have made all the difference. (I myself just added two little yappers smile )

I will add that in my area, the sort of guys you might expect to break into your house seem to have an inordinate fear of dogs, most any dog, that is barking and acting aggressive.

OTOH I got no use for a dog that bites.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I like the Ithaca Model 37 LAPD
18 inch barrel with cylinder bore choke.
If you depend on a shotgun you really need to pattern it at different ranges and 00 buck and #4
Buck and see what you like.
I was watching a Facebook video recently
A young black Sheriff Deputy pulled over a guy that had a 20 gauge laying on the front seat of the vehicle. He pointed it at the deputy and fired.
The deputy was knocked backwards and fired 2 magazines into the bad guy who absorbed 8 bullets.
The deputy had pellets in his shoulder, both were hospitalized. Both survived.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 40O
BamBam,
What optic are you running? I have the 10" MPX with a Aimpoint Pro on top. Thinking of trying a C-More. We'll 'C.'

I've been shooting the Federal 147 HST for awhile. Will be trying some federal 115 +P+ when things settle down (have them, just don't want to hang with the people at ranges right now).
Pete

Good morning Pete, I’m running a Romeo four, I got it for a good price so I threw it on, I like it it’s been reliable going to keep it on for now. I’m running 6.5 inch barrel with a silencer co-can, Waiting on my SB tactical brace. I’ve run HST through through it Gold Dot,HST Same accuracy. Never ran 115 through it ran 124s which I really like :-) very accurate carbine/pistol. I just got a Sig rattler, Have to pick it up one night during this week after work. Got it with another Romeo on it again, good price :-) looking forward to running that should be a blast, pun intended.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone break into your home grab the AR start shooting and yell “get some” the whole time

Last edited by 79S; 04/28/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
If someone break into hours home grab the AR start shooting and yell “get some” the whole time

Need the Tom Cruise movie clip from Taps, here.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I present to you, the Aguila 1 3/4" mini-shell:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila-minishell-12-gauge-ammo-1-34-78-oz-slug-1c128974-p-76585.aspx

Just did the math and in my 870 with my spring snow goose mag can hold... like.... (counting on fingers)........15 or something, LMAO

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
If you are going to only choose one long gun for HD, and are equally familiar/competent with each, go with the M4.

My Auto-5 shown in this thread is simply one tool in the toolbox.

Roger that.

J

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Duck, why go mini when a maxi will hold back the flow better...

If I’m touching off 15 mini shotgun rounds in my home, I’m either blind or my house is bigger than a football field.

5 gauge shells should clear my home of intruders feet first.

I’d also be concerned about failures with shorter shells.

No experience with them, so my worry may be unfounded.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Duck, why go mini when a maxi will hold back the flow better...

If I’m touching off 15 mini shotgun rounds in my home, I’m either blind or my house is bigger than a football field.

5 gauge shells should clear my home of intruders feet first.

I’d also be concerned about failures with shorter shells.

No experience with them, so my worry may be unfounded.

😎

Naaawww, I just think they're cute is all - never tried 'em. I don't go mini OR Maxi. But there IS string hanging out the end of my shotgun barrel. blush

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have dogs both inside an out so nothing will surprise me and I will have plenty of time to decide what weapon and what for, if it is a coyote, raccoon or skunk the shotgun is it. If it is an intruder my main issue will be separating my dog safely from said intruder which is easier done with a handgun in one hand. In reality the dogs are my first line of defense and I am there to support them.

In so many home invasion incidents we hear about, a barking dog might have made all the difference. (I myself just added two little yappers smile )

I will add that in my area, the sort of guys you might expect to break into your house seem to have an inord Youinate fear of dogs, most any dog, that is barking and acting aggressive.

OTOH I got no use for a dog that bites.

If you don't plan on defending against or killing an intruder why even bother carrying a gun? You typed that in an earlier post BTW.

This is where I’m coming from. Not out of concern for the perp either.

My own home defense plan starts with a barking dog and continues with the .38 j frame Airweight I’ve been packing for the past 25 years.

And if they get me...... bwahahahaha! There ain’t sh$t they can get to in my house worth pawning anyhoo..... 🙂

I did loan my Democrat Catholic Hispanic Ex BiL and his family at their request my over under Yildiz .20ga for the duration. #4 steel shot was all they had left in the store. Took him out and had him shoot it.

Administratively simple and better’n a sharp stick

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Don’t bother with the mini shells. Tried Aguila and Federal both in my 870P, no go for reliability. Not even close. Only good for singles and double barrels. And why use them in those?

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 04/28/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Don’t bother with the mini shells. Tried Aguila and Federal both in my 870P, no go for reliability. Not even close. Only good for singles and double barrels. And why use them in those?

Always wondered what those mini shells brought to the table.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

They double the capacity of your pump gun (that typically requires an adapter) and still kill stuff at shorter "indoor" ranges.

And they remove all trace of recoil in doing so.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave

They double the capacity of your pump gun (that typically requires an adapter) and still kill stuff at shorter "indoor" ranges.

And they remove all trace of recoil in doing so.[/quote]

If I recall correctly they were actually made with the Mossberg 500 in mind and from what I read they work on that platform flawlessly. I am an 870 guy, so have no first hand experience.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

NO jamming issues?

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just watched a trailer for Blood Quantum, a zombie flick with the fast moving variety of undead. I see zombies as a good metaphor for drugged out of their mind criminals. Erratic, fast, and stories about their not reacting to bullets they way a civilized person would.

If head shots on fast moving targets was the problem, shotgun is the solution.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I did loan my Democrat Catholic Hispanic Ex BiL and his family

Do you speak this way in real life?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

NO jamming issues?

Not if your gun is set up for them.

Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,797 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.