Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I’m looking for input from anyone who has experience with the. Remington V3. This gun shoulders well for me and the price is hard to beat. I’ll be using this gun 100% for waterfowl hunting. Any input on this gun would be much appreciated!

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
My V3 has functioned flawlessly for the two years that I have owned it. I have yet to give it a dose of the flooded timber for ducks. I have meant to take it waterfowling, but I can’t seem to keep my 390 at home. My only issue is that it seems to pattern a bit to the left.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Based on stuff I read on some of the shotgun forums it seems to be reliable and tames the recoil. I'm considering getting the turkey pro. Got to handle them at an outdoor show and really liked it. But like Wilkes it won't replace my 390.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I think I purchased my V3 in 2017 and am generally happy w/ it. It feels & handles very much like one of my 870s. Mine is a 28", black synthetic. It fits me fairly well (had to add a 1/8"EVA comb pad since Remington still hasn't come out w/ the shim kit promised from day 1) and it has been a natural pointer, good balance,fairly light (7.2 lb.), light recoil, very good recoil pad, and never jammed w/ factory ammo.Not so w/ my handloads, which are slightly oversized, and may not chamber enough to let the bolt go into full battery.Maybe some new action springs would help that, as they seem somewhat weak. I've used it on pheasant & waterfowl w/ good success. My main complaint (which required shipping the gun back to Remington twice w/ some success on the 2nd return) is very stiff magazine loading due to a very stiff magazine latch & spring assembly. I still wish it fed as easily as one of my 870s or any other of my shotguns, for that matter. I purchased the V3 partially on the recommendations of Randy Wakeman and he never complained of stiff loading (like he does about Benelli's) nor was it apparent on his videos. But this may just be this gun and Remington wasn't able/willing to fix it...but I still like it very much. The new waterfowl model looks great, w/ some nice additions over my earlier version. A good value for the $. Good Luck. -Mark & Belle

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I think I purchased my V3 in 2017 and am generally happy w/ it. It feels & handles very much like one of my 870s. Mine is a 28", black synthetic. It fits me fairly well (had to add a 1/8"EVA comb pad since Remington still hasn't come out w/ the shim kit promised from day 1) and it has been a natural pointer, good balance,fairly light (7.2 lb.), light recoil, very good recoil pad, and never jammed w/ factory ammo.Not so w/ my handloads, which are slightly oversized, and may not chamber enough to let the bolt go into full battery.Maybe some new action springs would help that, as they seem somewhat weak. I've used it on pheasant & waterfowl w/ good success. My main complaint (which required shipping the gun back to Remington twice w/ some success on the 2nd return) is very stiff magazine loading due to a very stiff magazine latch & spring assembly. I still wish it fed as easily as one of my 870s or any other of my shotguns, for that matter. I purchased the V3 partially on the recommendations of Randy Wakeman and he never complained of stiff loading (like he does about Benelli's) nor was it apparent on his videos. But this may just be this gun and Remington wasn't able/willing to fix it...but I still like it very much. The new waterfowl model looks great, w/ some nice additions over my earlier version. A good value for the $. Good Luck. -Mark & Belle

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tagged. Interested in the 26" full camo model.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My brother is gunning one. He likes it. It’s too heavy for my taste.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I like it enough I have 2. Don't know where the weight comment comes from, they are lighter than most guns, with an aluminum receiver and super light profile barrel.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,295
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.