Print Thread
Hop To
R
RinB Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

What are your best estimates of when US residents can travel into Yukon?

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm not sure, and I don't think anyone has enough knowledge to know.

The moose population where I live has declined in the past decade. Maybe, this will give them some breathing space - no pun intended.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't even think this discussion it is on the table right now. Hunting camp is a very social experience, and not very sanitary. Spike camps are no better.
There are several outfitters in our locality her in south east B.C.- neighbors of mine....it looks pretty quiet around their home places. I don't know about the Yukon but it might be worth a call to GOABC( guide outfitters of BC)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just cancelled my June 1 fishing trip. Got a full refund on my air fare.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I’m gettin calls every day from cooped-up fishermen. I have noticed the tone of the conversations is changing.
You can scare the crap outta people for a while but without the corresponding death toll it won’t hold.
I would bet good money that the border will be open by June.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't see it, myself Karl !

Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm wondering when making a trip will be legal as well.

Richard, I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but here is my $0.02.

Seems Canada, has flattened the "Covid curve" & are on the decrease.

USA is still heading the wrong way.

I can't see us, opening our borders to US citizens, or even people traveling through the US & risking another spike !

Sorry.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Right now, they won't let us in the fix the roof.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just talked to my bosses who need to get through Canada at some point with our boat parts to AK for fishing season.

They said Canada let a friend through, said simply she had a business to run and needed to get there now. There was no problem.

As much of an ass the US side is every single time I've tried to re enter my OWN country, I'd be more afraid of the US border than the Canada one. I've only had one grumpy Canada crossing and we caused that not known to ourselves at the moment...our fault.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I might just be wishful thinking here Paul—but Iam seeing cracks in the lockdown here locally. You know this is the best time for walleye fishing thru the ice and the guys are going out—in groups larger than 5 and you know how that goes. Some are even building fires out on the ice—so I’m told cause i’m staying home but i’m gettin lots of text messages.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm hearing you Karl !

Two man adventures, & both from same household.

Doug & I fished 3 out of 4 days of the Easter long weekend & caught a bunch !

Closed season now though, right ?

Paul.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man that looks like fun!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I’m gettin calls every day from cooped-up fishermen. I have noticed the tone of the conversations is changing.
You can scare the crap outta people for a while but without the corresponding death toll it won’t hold.
I would bet good money that the border will be open by June.

Same with us. I also think the border will be open by June.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
I'm hearing you Karl !

Two man adventures, & both from same household.

Doug & I fished 3 out of 4 days of the Easter long weekend & caught a bunch !

Closed season now though, right ?

Good to see people out fishing

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I hope Paul, and his friends leave a couple for me!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's our Son, Doug, Richard !

Paul.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Any updates on the border opening?

Thanks,

Lefty

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
leftycarbon & RinB;
Good morning to you both, I hope that this finds you and your respective yours as well as can be what with the state we're all finding ourselves in these days.

Our very good friend and next door neighbor is the lead mechanic for a bunch of placer mines between Dawson City and Whitehorse, who in "normal" years goes up about a week ago and comes back in early October to catch the tail end of elk season.

At present as far as he is aware, "they" are stopping all traffic at the BC/Yukon border and only allowing workers in - provided said worker can show they've got a 2 week isolation/quarantine plan in place as well as employment.

The outfit he works for was told they'd only be allowed to quarantine in a hotel using room service - at this point anyways.

While there's talk of individual provinces and territories being allowed to restart businesses and services as they see fit - for instance I don't believe PEI has had any cases yet and Saskatchewan seems ready to get back at it while Quebec is getting worse daily - the opening of international borders is still under the governance of PM Shiny Pony and his globalist minions.

At last word that I heard from Mr. Dressup, it would be the end of May at least before they'd look at it again.

That said, if PM Sparkle Socks said the sun came up in the east, I'd personally check as he's been known to both prevaricate and have an ulterior motive/not so hidden agenda for most of his verbal communication attempts.

Lastly, in true Canadian fashion, I'll apologize for being less than charitable of our PM in a straightforward question from friends on the other side of the medicine line.

Speaking for myself alone, the faster we can get back on track of any semblance of "normal" the better off our grand children will be as it pertains to paying off the spending spree taking place up here.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news gentlemen. All the best to you all and stay well.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/25/20.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

BC

Thanks for the update

Be well

Lefty

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Dwyane, you are correct. They are using COs to man the border. They have a checkpoint set up right at the scales in Watson Lake. They are letting Alaskans through but only giving them 24 hours to get through the territory. We think alike when it comes to our fearless leader. Latest scuttlebutt is he is busying himself with taking away more of our guns. Hope you and yours are enjoying spring. The bears are out here now so the wife and I are heading up north to look for an old boar.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,825 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.