Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
The time for talking seems at an end and the world must face up to the fact that there is going to be war in Iraq. As a New Zealander I would like to say I send all my best wishes to the Alled troops in the Middle East and hope they have a quick and relitively pain free time a head. Our spineless government sits on the fence whilst our Aussie friends commit themselves to the cause. Undoubtedly the NZ armys SAS troopers will be in the thick of it but we will never know that as they are very secretive.

God speed, good luck and all care.
Lindsay Thompson. NEW ZEALAND

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From what I've read about history, the ANZAC troops were among the best. Our boys will rest easier knowing they have allies like Australia and New Zealand's finest on their flank.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
It's good to hear words of encouragement from abroad. It seems all to many of the U.S.'s trditional allies have become professonal bystanders. Hope all is well in New Zealand.

Matt
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I for one haven't forgotten what the USA did for our country in WW2 and since. Our total military strength is around 10,000 people. Our army is in the process of re equiping with more modern equipment, whilst our navy is very small. The government has sold all of our jet aircraft so all we are left with is a few C130's and Orions as well as a few trainers and a 727 or 2. They have let the military run down to a terrible level. They are left wing politically correct pansies. Spinless.

What we will probably do is when Iraq is liberated we will send in peace keepers and medical personal, as well always do. We actually have half of our fighting navy , one frigate, in the Gulf right now. It is a joke here that our fighter defence is in private hands now as all our figther planes are WW2 types such as restored Spitfires, Hurricanes, P51's and T6 Texans.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 33 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,081
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.