Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Turning green here. Been telling my wife for a long time that I’d love to move to SD this sort of western common sense just increases that desire.

GB1

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by nighthawk
[sarcasm] This state is SO blue [/sarcasm]

BTW if you look at a population density map we were into social distancing before it became cool. In this county we have had four cases and four recoveries. Three were from outside the area and one caught it from the other three. Noem is a successful rancher which means she's demonstrated that she's a down to earth. practical person.

Low density states (e.g., SD, ND, WY, etc.) have practiced social distancing forever. Statewide, South Dakota's Covid-19's numbers (to date) are 2,373 Confirmed, 1,492 Recovered and 13 Deaths. These numbers are certain to climb, but they show the value of social distancing and not transmitting the Corona-Virus to others.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good, bad, or indifferent she’s hotter than a $2 pistol...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of those cases are in Sioux Falls. The Smithfield pork plant. Lot of transient workers, working elbow to elbow on the production line. But Sioux Falls is 150 miles away. Now that's social distancing. What gets me is that with no known cases nearby the businesses with out of state headquarters are trying to do their social distancing.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then she replaced a couple of cabinet members with her family members.Nepotism? Daughter and son in law.

Only The Great and Powerful Trump should be allowed to do that.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Rodeo girl. She'd rope and tie you in seconds. smile

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Rodeo girl. She'd rope and tie you in seconds. smile

I wouldn’t mind if she did... grin

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Ha...some of you are obviously uninformed. Especially for you outa staters who are experts on SD government I guess. For the record I am not a dem. The awesome parade you speak of was paid for by a group for which I won't name. It was not just the public coming together to honor her. Ahhh no. SD has ranked #1 in the country for most corrupt government the past 5 yrs. Look it up. The gear up scandals, Where's the video lottery money, where's the cent tax money? She's jumped right in. Yes we had open carry but not concealed. I had/have a permit and felt safe in the fact that I could pack anywhere I wanted and conceal it. Now every meth head is carrying. I'm not ok with it but that is just my opinion. Meth we're on it got attention all right. SD got destroyed in the national news as well has Noem. Why is there no more ads for it or on commercials anymore?? Gee I wonder. In the area counties where I live no one has a good opinion of her. Maybe because she's from not far away. We are aware of her tricks and crooked play. You want to be blind that is just fine. She has been in the bottom of barrel for governors until this cv issue. When things get back to normal she'll be back to low approval again. We're all free to our opinions which is great! Would this be a fact or opinion?

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (Dakota News Now) - A new poll released lists South Dakota's governor in the top ten of the least popular governors.

According to the study, Governor Kristi Noem comes in at number 40 on the list. The poll is based on governor approval ratings during the fourth quarter of last year.

According to the study, Noem's approval rating currently sits at 43 percent. Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds currently has an approval rating of 44 percent while Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has an approval rating of 52 percent.

Last edited by verg; 04/30/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So South Dakota will go Democrat next time. Who are they running? Who did they run against Dusty Johnson again? I forgot - big field of popular candidates to choose from.

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW it's still illegal for meth head to carry. And of course meth heads never carried when permits were required. Horrors. That would mean breaking the law! They would never do that!

Which explains a lot.
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
haha! I concede that! I also concede that Noem is definitely nice to look at!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to belabor this but the vaunted Gear Up scandal involved between 1 and 2 million, a rounding error in states like New York, and one family stealing. And there is no connection with Noem. And it was federal grant money which is audited by the feds.

For the cafe talk it's always weather sucks, crop/livestock prices suck, or those damn politicians suck. Once complimented a farmer on a particularly nice about 2 year old steer. He looked at the steer mournfully and said, "He ain't worth nothin." Had to bite my tongue to not offer to take the steer off his hands. smile

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by efw
Turning green here. Been telling my wife for a long time that I’d love to move to SD this sort of western common sense just increases that desire.

I've been dreaming of moving to the Black Hills region since the first time I turkey hunted it 25 years ago.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live in South Dakota. There is a BIG difference between East river and West river politics. North and South Dakota should be East and West Dakota. East has the population and the liberals; along with more farmers. West has conservatives and ranchers. Lots of reservation land in the state and of course, as they should, they vote for who every gives them the most drinking money.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a bad looker neither.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/01/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
She's a babe!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Got this e-mail this AM from the governor on getting back to normal.

I know everyone is eager to get back to their daily routines and dive back into what they love doing. But it’s important to remember that some people will never get to return to normal. I lost my Dad at a very young age. That experience greatly changed the path that I was on. Similarly, this COVID-19 pandemic has greatly changed the path so many South Dakotans were on as well.

We knew this virus would be deadly, no matter what we did. But that doesn’t change the fact that COVID-19 stole husbands, wives, sons, daughters, and friends from their families and loved ones. These people and their families will never be the same. My heart breaks for them, and Bryon and I will continue to lift them up in our prayers.

What has also been stolen from so many is perhaps our most precious commodity – time. For weeks, the most vulnerable, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, grandparents have been in isolation – separated from friends and loved ones.

Then there are students. Though the vast majority of schools and teachers have been doing well, we also know that there are kids who have totally lost contact with their teachers and schools.

My point is that in addition to the health costs, the social costs of this virus are historic in the worst way.

Since day one, I have pledged to let the science, the facts, and the data on the ground in South Dakota drive all my decision-making. I have been very clear that our people need to take their responsibility for health and safety seriously – that they should be practicing good public hygiene and social distancing. The people of South Dakota have done a tremendous job.

Our initial projections on March 10 showed our hospitalization capacity at an unmanageable place. We took specific, targeted steps to alter our path. We pushed our peak off into the future. We cut it by more than 75%. And today, our hospital capacity greatly exceeds our needs.

In South Dakota, an unprecedented situation like this revealed publicly a principle we hold dear: It's our people that make us great, not our government.

Our state motto is a beautiful one: “Under God, the people rule.” That is what our system of government is all about – the people of South Dakota are the source of the power and legitimacy of our government – not the media, not politicians and not political parties. That’s a healthy perspective for any elected official to keep in mind.

If you’ve not read it yet, our “Back to Normal” plan doesn’t include new government programs, more red tape, proscriptive phases, tight controls, or anything of the like. That's not South Dakota.

Rather, our plan continues to put the power of decision-making into the hands of the people – where it belongs. I trust South Dakotan's to continue to exercise common sense, reasonableness, innovation and a commitment to themselves, their families, and – in turn – their communities.

We’re not out of the woods yet, but there’s a path to get Back to Normal, together. To read the full plan, visit COVID.sd.gov.

###

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Laughing out loud at the picture of "the Governor." Nice picture indeed but that ain't the Governor. Hahaha good one.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
South Dakotans are by and large a practical people. Life is deadly: Tagedy happens every day. Last week a child died in a house fire. But hiding under your bed and whimpering as some would have you do isn't a solution, life can't be put on pause. Reasonable precautions of course. We do that without the government making us. They used to call it the pioneer spirit.

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (160user, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 21 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,476
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.