Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14840554 05/01/20
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Evening Gents. What brand and model headlamps are you using these days? I’m tired of the junk I have, time for an upgrade.

Thanks!

GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Zebra light

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I always keep a bunch of Black Diamond headlamps around. Takes a while to wear them out.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Zebra light

I've got one Zebra headlamp. I don't let anyone use that but me.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I always keep a bunch of Black Diamond headlamps around. Takes a while to wear them out.

This

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I use a wicked hunting lights headlamp for work and hunting. I have been pleased with its performance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had good service out of Black Diamond and Princeton Tec.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have petzels, BD and Princeton tec all seem to be well made and reliable.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple black diamonds. Rechargable batteries via usb. I can recharge with the same small battery pack i carry for my phone. Im a day hunter so never had to but handy if needed.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nebo!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite lights for usability are the Princeton Tecs, But I have had multiple failures both in construction quality and electronics.

Black Diamonds are some I've tried to like but they are non-intuitive in use, for me, and suffer switching or electronics failures.

Of the known name lights, Petzl is the one that has given me the fewest problems, is not too heavy and seems to last for a long time.

Weight is an issue for me. Any light that strobes is an irritation and not worth consideration

Pelican makes some bomb-proof and useable lights if weight is less an issue.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nothing has lasted as long as Petzls for me.

Get the one that has what you need.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I use two very different types. I use a very bright Coast that has a high/low beam and it focuses. The high beam when on wide angle is very good for tracking deer after I have shot them with an arrow. I carry a flashlight that I can see further with when tracking deer. The other headlamp I use is one of the old multi LED units the casts a bluish light and at times under buckthorn it helps for tracking blood.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Petzl.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Tag

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My first Petzal was in 1984, still have it. I have tried them all and always return to The Petzal product.
I do have a new pelican headlamp, rechargeable and it looks durable..
We will see

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
My favorite lights for usability are the Princeton Tecs, But I have had multiple failures both in construction quality and electronics.

About 3 or 4 years ago I had a Princeton Tec Remix model which was one of the more useable and intuitive lights I've ever used. It was light weight and comfortable. USA made.

I actually broke the frame on my first one trying to get it out of the bomb-proof blister pack. Called the company and they promptly sent a replacement which was a really good light. For about 4 or 5 months as I recall. Then it failed electronically. I don't recall exactly what the failure was, because every time they sent a replacement it would fail in short order, in one way or another.

Honestly, the only reason I bothered with replacing the lights, instead of moving on was that they were USA made. Thought it was worth a try.
For a few months I had lights zooming back and forth regularly. I had a discussion with an engineering guy there who told me that some of their lights had reliability issues.
the last time I sent one in for replacement they sent me three of them back in hopes that one would work. And they all did for a while.

I moved on for a while and tried other makers stuff. In the back of my mind were all the years I used Petzl lights without problems.

Petzl for me. Never perfect in usability, but trouble free and reliable

I'm sure there are other good lights out there. I watch these threads and try stuff occasionally if it can be acquired without hassle.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've used Black Diamond for several years, work great, outlast the other leading brand I had been using for years.

FWIW...did have to throw one away year before last though because of ...well.. let me explain. I am an early bird, usually walk/climb several miles in the dark into WY wilderness areas on high country early season mule deer hunts. Lots of bears. That particular headlamp developed the annoying habit of finding grizzlies in the dark, and of course at fairly close range. Figured enough was enough and started using a different although identical one...no more griz...it's a miracle!!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Last several years I’ve used some member mark / bushnell headlamps from Sams club.

2 for $30. Ended 2 for $14 when it was time to clearance.

300 lumens with red led also.

Best part. Takes 3 AAA batteries. Those cr123can get expensive.

Only thing i don’t like is they’ll turn on in pocket / pack easily. So I’ve flip one battery around for long storage.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Petzl, They’ve always worked very well for me.

Last edited by BamBam; 05/02/20.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 70 invisible), 3,103 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.