Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
the last “new normal” was after 9/11. we got dhs, tsa, fisa, fatca, the iraq invasion, wrap your home in plastic & duct tape, anthrax by mail fake investigation, pre boston marathon bombing noninvestigation and city wide lockdown, indiscriminate drone strikes, “the religion of peace” mantra, blm, the “libyan spring” (we came, we saw, he died, chuckle, chuckle), the “refugee” invasion of the west...

no more new normals for me. give me back my country and constitution, with all its risks and rewards, straight up, no chaser.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Test run to see what people would do. I did not like a lot of things which happened after 9-11. They just slowly keep taking our rights in the name of security. Just lies they want total control with tracking. There are lots of bad players in this world. No mark of the beast for me.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Could this "New Normal" be a plan when it comes time for elections this year?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Just remember: we’re all in this together.

The first time I heard that line was at an orgy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
I cringe every time I hear it.

I used to cringe every time I heard "the new normal." Now I gag......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
I cringe every time I hear it. I think people use the phrase in an attempt to appear as though they have some special insight that us mere mortals lack, and I find that offensive.

They’ve shifted a gear now saying “the new paradigm “.

Fuggin quaint, ain’t it ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I wondered when it would happen,but the other I was verbally attacked by a woman wearing a mask at HEB.She said in an angry voice,her wild eyes glaring at me "Where's your mask??????Where is your mask???????I wear this mask to protect you,but your not protecting me!!!!!" She quickly walked away and the girl at the checkout said just ignore her.She said she told her that she wasn't wearing her mask right.People are loosing it.You can see it in their eyes they are going fripcking crazy.The girl at the checkout told me it happens everyday.Damn I'd hate to have to deal with that crap.It must suck to live in their world.She needed more than groceries that's for sure.And if she's that afraid the store offers curbside pickup.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hate the phrases "new normal" and "we're all in this together". Hadn't heard this one used in relation to this CV-19 time . . . “the new paradigm". Guess there are at least 3 phrases I hate now. I think about this whole predicament we find ourselves and how so many have lost so much, including their lives . . . and I get a bad sick feeling in my stomach.

"new normal" . . . NO . . . I want the OLD normal back.

"we're all in this together" . . . NO WE'RE NOT . . . we have a few bills to pay monthly, which we, thankfully, are able to do. Way too many folks need their job and paycheck to make ends meet weekly/monthly. Kinda tough to do when businesses are shut down.

“the new paradigm" . . . never did like the word paradigm . . . does it mean the same as "4 nickles rubbed together"? Use words "the normal citizen" knows the meaning of.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will not comply!!!

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Otter
I hate the phrases "new normal" and "we're all in this together". Hadn't heard this one used in relation to this CV-19 time . . . “the new paradigm". Guess there are at least 3 phrases I hate now. I think about this whole predicament we find ourselves and how so many have lost so much, including their lives . . . and I get a bad sick feeling in my stomach.

"new normal" . . . NO . . . I want the OLD normal back.

"we're all in this together" . . . NO WE'RE NOT . . . we have a few bills to pay monthly, which we, thankfully, are able to do. Way too many folks need their job and paycheck to make ends meet weekly/monthly. Kinda tough to do when businesses are shut down.

“the new paradigm" . . . never did like the word paradigm . . . does it mean the same as "4 nickles rubbed together"? Use words "the normal citizen" knows the meaning of.

Thesaurus might help the unhip amongst the unwashed.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.