These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

The reality is to apply the constitution to many of todays issues, you have to use opinion applied to desire. So political leanings come in.

Also, if she passes away, you don't actually expect a Trump appointment until after November do you? Remember Obama trying to appoint one in his lame duck year? R's wouldn't hold hearings until after the election. Same will happen here.

Republicans controlled the Senate, so no, they didnt confirm Obamas liberal pick in his last year. He could have nominated a moderate judge but he decided to play Chicken with Mitch and lost.

Republicans still control the Senate so I would expect them to confirm a Trump nomination in his last year.

Dont like it? Take control of the Senate. Elections have consequences.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized Tuesday with an infection caused by a gallstone, the Supreme Court said.

The 87-year-old justice underwent non-surgical treatment for what the court described as acute cholecystitis, a benign gall bladder condition, at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.

She expects to be in the hospital for a day or two, the court said.

Ginsburg took part in the court’s telephone arguments Monday and Tuesday and plans to do so again Wednesday, the court said.

She has been treated four times for cancer, most recently in August.

She initially sought medical care Monday, when the gallstone was first diagnosed.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by nighthawk
So the cure is to inject the opposite political point of view and abandon reasoned argument? Was that a concept of the Founding Fathers?

It seems that it was an important point to our dearly departed Jusice Scalia as he reportedly held RBG in a position of high regard and much respect.

And while I appreciate Justice Scalia's opinion in this matter. I will be relieved when Ruth has been replaced on SCOTUS with a solid conservative.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don’t octogenarians go into sepsis anytime you cut on them?

This bitch must be charlie sheen’s granny

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by krp
The concept of the founding fathers was the Constitution, which isn't an opposing political view.

Kent

Wasting our breath here.

Some people are too stupid to understand that the Constitution doesn't limit freedoms of citizens. It limits infringement of freedom and liberty of citizens by the government.

It must be wonderful to be you! Absolute certainty in all things, perfect knowledge and a complete absence of need to consider any contrary point of view. Simply dismiss it as wrong because it doesn't fit your personal view of the cosmos.

You don't always have to run down the bottomless rabbit hole. The truth can be right there in front of you, if you can to see it and choose to act upon it.

As I've been saying for weeks about our corona problem, pragmatism and paralysis of analysis can also kill.

Get'R Done.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Die already.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
She probably went in to get another infusion of baby’s blood while they could still blame the dead babies on the virus. Never let a crisis got to waste and all.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Let's hope the old bat is septic, and will be on one of those defective ventilators Cuomo is shipping out by the dozens pretty soon.
jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Never wish for anyone’s death, even if you hate them.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Could we get a visit volunteer, someone rona19 positive

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A little hyperbole. Ignored a thread not long ago where everyone was dumping on Roberts for not being a far right ideologue. I think based on Roberts not voting for cert on a Second Amendment case. Like I said I pretty much ignored the thread - no poster revealed any Supreme Court acumen. (Of course the fact that Ruth is universally considered a Constitutional scholar and an exceptional legal analyst is irrelevant. Some people here keep lining up to send flowers. We simply don't like her conclusions. Never mind the argument.)

She's a constitutional scholar all right. The Liberal interpretation of the Constitution, instead of framers' interpretation.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

The reality is to apply the constitution to many of todays issues, you have to use opinion applied to desire. So political leanings come in.

Also, if she passes away, you don't actually expect a Trump appointment until after November do you? Remember Obama trying to appoint one in his lame duck year? R's wouldn't hold hearings until after the election. Same will happen here.

Trump is eligible for a second term.

Obama wasn't.

THAT is the difference.

It's not that hard to figure out. Try it some time.

It keeps the REAL lame duck's from throwing schidt on the walls before they leave. (At least in the SC)

A dem controlled senate would have confirmed a very liberal justice as Obama headed out the door.

Book it!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

Obama wasn't.

THAT is the difference.

It keeps the REAL lame duck's from throwing schidt on the walls before they leave. (At least in the SC)

A dem controlled senate would have confirmed a very liberal justice as Obama headed out the door.

Book it!

We can only hope the current Senate could get it done in days if need be.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by ironbender

Obama wasn't.

THAT is the difference.

Book it!

We can only hope the current Senate could get it done in days if need be.

Sure, they *could*.

If they don’t accuse her of sexual harassment.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I kept quite for too long, I was ashamed to admit it But now most go public with this horrible truth. RGB sexually assaulted me! Yes she slid her wrinkled up hand over my buttocks as I stopped by her hospital bed on my morning rounds.
Oh the shame! I can never enjoy a kiwi again

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Obama wasn't.

THAT is the difference.

I understand the conditions, still thing the way it went down was WRONG. For the last year of a presidency, he still has constitutional duties to perform. Appointing SC Justices is one. Do it. Senate has the duty to hold a hearing, they refused. Sorry wrong way to play it, hold the hearings, it's their responsibility. Not doing so, for close to a year because he wouldn't be president after that, was wrong. What else do you not let a lame duck in the last year do? How about 2 years?

D's will pull the same crap and R's will look like hypocrites. They played it wrong 4 years ago, they may get bit by it now.

The Senate is what would keep a lame duck from throwing the schidt on the wall. Let the lame duck throw, Senate does it's job and nothing sticks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The Senate is what would keep a lame duck from throwing the schidt on the wall. Let the lame duck throw, Senate does it's job and nothing sticks.

That's exactly what happened.

The senate knew Obama was throwing schidt on the walls.

They stopped him.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D's will pull the same crap and R's will look like hypocrites.

Fu^ck the Demons; time the R's played hardball. If they can muster the votes, then just do it.

MM

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

D's will pull the same crap and R's will look like hypocrites.

Fu^ck the Demons; time the R's played hardball. If they can muster the votes, then just do it.

MM

That's the problem.

Collins, Murkowski and Romney would likely not support a vote.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,837
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.