Print Thread
Hop To
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
So back in the 60’s the big town south of us bought a bunch of creek bottom land and built a lake as a backup water supply. They kinda pulled a TVA and more or less forced folks to sell their farms and homes though they did pay a decent price for the times. That creek runs through the town I live in and the lake starts about a half mile south of town.

The lake there now is where me and the boy do all of our catfishing and when we get the chance we like to troll for saugeye and sandbass down there. Back in January I went down and bought my annual lake permit to fish like I always do. Didn’t buy a boat sticker because I didn’t have a running boat motor at the time.

Fast forward to March and they announced that they were closing all the waterways and lakes due to COVID. The state was encouraging folks to fish and camp as social distancing activities but this little city municipality was “going to do something” for the Rona. After about 3 days of people raising hell for refunds for their permits they backpedaled and opened the lakes, but only to people with existing permits or residents of the county the city is in.

So now I can go sit on the dock at the boat ramp and crappie fish and cough or sneeze on every person who comes down to launch their boat, perfectly legal. But due to residing 2 miles north of the county line, they will not under any circumstances sell me a boat sticker. Even though I’m permitted to sit on the shore or docks, or camp in the campgrounds or picnic under the pavilions because I already have a permit. A guy from my county can’t even buy a permit to fish the creek that runs through my town, because he doesn’t reside in the county that the creek isn’t in.

The response from the dumbasses at the city office is that the measures are to keep the Texans from inundating their lakes since Texas lakes are closed. I informed them that the county in Oklahoma I live in is not Texas and they didn’t know what to say to that. What a bunch of morons.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Do you know someone who resides within the county who can get a permit and put it on your boat? Or does the permit have to specify the boat?

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Do you know someone who resides within the county who can get a permit and put it on your boat? Or does the permit have to specify the boat?

I might. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheKid
What a bunch of morons.

But... but... They are the govt. They are here to help... sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Well there you go...

IC B2

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Of course there are ways around the stupidity but it’s the frustration of such nonsense in government going on so close to home. The rest of the time they’re begging for people to come buy their permits and rent their pavilions and camping spots to generate revenue but now that there’s an “Emergency” some nitwit has to spring into action with full on stupidity.

I wonder if such a discriminatory ruling is even legal. Seems like a public park is either public or it isn’t. I bet if they issued a proclamation that the lake was only open to white people it wouldn’t fly. Just more Corona ridiculousness.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The county golf course is only open for county residences.

Even if you have membership and cart shed but live in another county,No dice.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Gov't is the epitome of the word 'stupid'....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BLOW UP THE DAM!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would lower my expectations, they're Oakies.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Well there you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD7nwx8ASrw

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I would lower my expectations, they're Oakies.

Says the guy who can’t spell Okies. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I would lower my expectations, they're Okies.

Says the guy who can’t spell Oakies. wink

Thanks, fixed it!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd go boating without their stupid permit. What's the worse that can happen?

Getting tasered isn't usually fatal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 74 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.