Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 108 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 107 108
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Which prompts the question......why stay on the road if fleeing?

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
JOGGER...my ass.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
How was the jogger dressed?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
After posting multiple links to racist sites criscoe descries media propaganda, you can't beat the CF for critical thinking or make this kind of schidt up. LMFAO.

mike r

I gotta tell ya I’ve been disappointed in your arguments lately.

Are you suggesting the murders Bristoe posted didn’t happen?

Are you suggesting the MSM doesn’t have an obvious and longstanding bias?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ldholton

White sneakers and socks, shorts, short sleeved shirt, possibly a t-shirt.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton

Tee shirt, tennis shoes and shorts, all white

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It is much more than a bias. It’s part of an agenda. Reparations......paid every 5-10 years.

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by lvmiker
After posting multiple links to racist sites criscoe descries media propaganda, you can't beat the CF for critical thinking or make this kind of schidt up. LMFAO.

mike r

I gotta tell ya I’ve been disappointed in your arguments lately.

Are you suggesting the murders Bristoe posted didn’t happen?

Are you suggesting the MSM doesn’t have an obvious and longstanding bias?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Does anyone believe we will ever know if they indeed had the guy that was stealing stuff. Or just mistaken identity?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That was murder. probably not premeditated, but it was murder.
All these comments about "black guy could have done this" or "why was he dumb enough to do that" are BS.
Good chance he was panicking. How about inbred rednecks shouldn't chase a guy down a public road and start an altercation. I've had problems with thieves. Even felt like shooting them. But it was 3 on 1. They could have just left the guns in the truck and tackled him. All they did was feed into the mainstream medias agenda to paint us as ignorant inbred rednecks with blood lust.
Thanks you stupid jack wagons.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Doesn't matter whether he was stealing anything or not, was the shooter or shooters in fear for their life? If they were not scared that they may loose their life or suffer bodily harm, they committed murder and should be charged as such.

Even if the guy had done something before the video started, he plainly did not pose a threat to them from what I can see in the video.

NRA Benefactor life member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
.. Imperfect defenses of self-defense are those that don't fully meet the standard for a perfect claim of self-defense, because the defender didn't come to the situation with completely clean hands, i.e., he was to some degree in the wrong as he appeared on the scene.

Blocking a public road with one's shotgun out with display
of repeated intent to illegally detain the jogger,
where does self-defence by the shooter come into this?

What if a police cruiser had coincidently gone by
and saw the truck and gun toter as described ,how
would they approach it?

I said the self-defense claim is imperfect because the initial approach to a suspected burglar was questionable, legally speaking. But after said approach (and keep in mind that we don't know that a firearm was ever pointed at the victim), the victim of the shooting attempted to grab a loaded firearm from one of the men attempting citizen's arrest. That's an attack against which one ordinarily would possess a right to use lethal force to thwart, since it can be reasonably assumed that a suspected burglar, once he has disarmed you, will use said weapon against you.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Did the rider in the pickup bed even fire a shot?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

That was the son, he did the shooting, kinda confusing cause dad got out of the truck and hid behind it after his son jumped out of the bed and headed for the front of the truck to head off the jogger...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akasparky
I've read about 25 stories on this subject and they don't vary to much.

Travis McMichael, the son of the trucks driver Gregory McMichael did the shooting.
He was riding in the bed of the truck with the shotgun while they pursued Ahmaud Arbery, the supposed burglar.

Gregory McMicheal is a retired LEO.

They had seen Arbery jog by their home and thought he looked like a person they had seen on a security video recorded at a home that had recently been robbed. They were having a rash of homes under construction being stolen from.

Gregory grabbed his 357 and his son a shotgun and they left their home in their pickup looking for the jogger.
They had called another neighbor before they left their home to assist them and he is the one in the car shooting video from his cell phone.
They got close enough to Arbery at one point in the chase to tell him to stop but he avoided them and continued running, they turned their truck around, took another route and were waiting for him when he rounded the corner as seen in the video.

It appears to many that Arbery was attempting to get get around the truck and continue running from them when Travis cut him off in front of the truck with shotgun in hand.

Gregory was on the phone with 911 when his son shot Arbery....

The full police report can be viewed at https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6915-arbery-shooting/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf (it don't exactly match the video but pretty close)

This photo of the father son duo is all over the internet, it's instigated numerous threats for the father and son.

Thanks Dad......

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

I'm not hearing anything about them getting threatened by anyone...
Nice father son pics

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Was there one shooter......or two?

Originally Posted by JeffA

That was the son, he did the shooting, kinda confusing cause dad got out of the truck and hid behind it after his son jumped out of the bed and headed for the front of the truck to head off the jogger...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I said the self-defense claim is imperfect because the initial approach to a suspected burglar was questionable, legally speaking. But after said approach (and keep in mind that we don't know that a firearm was ever pointed at the victim), the victim of the shooting attempted to grab a loaded firearm from one of the men attempting citizen's arrest. That's an attack against which one ordinarily would possess a right to use lethal force to thwart, since it can be reasonably assumed that a suspected burglar, once he has disarmed you, will use said weapon against you.

Someone is repeatedly chasing you with truck and shotgun
blocking your path and telling you to stop!. ,
do they have to point the 12 Guage directly at you
before you take it as an imminent threat?

.. the victim of the shooting attempted to grab a loaded firearm from one of the men attempting citizen's arrest. That's an attack against which one ordinarily would possess a right to use lethal force to thwart,.. .

transcripts of the two 911 calls suggest it was not
a justified citizens arrest... Twice the operator asked
what the crime commited was, And all they could
tell them was ' a man is running down the road.'

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was there one shooter......or two?

Originally Posted by JeffA

Three guys with guns, one shooter.
Read the police report it's in the post I just quoted.
Third guy with the gun was also the guy following shooting video of the event

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Maybe he was just a guy out for a jog.

Maybe he was doing stupid stuff in the area.

Maybe he was the thief they thought.

Looks like a clusterfork. Hopefully a proper investigation brings up all the facts needed to sort it out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Someone is repeatedly chasing you with truck and shotgun
blocking your path and telling you to stop!. ,
do they have to point the 12 Guage directly at you
before you take it as an imminent threat?

That's why the claim to self-defense on the part of the white folks involved is imperfect rather than perfect. Their defense of engaging in a citizen's arrest isn't quite legally sound, since they didn't personally witness him engage in a felony. But it's also not murder, since they believed they were acting within their rights to make an arrest, and had no apparent intent to lynch or shoot the fellow, but merely to hold him for the police, while possessing arms for self defense should he become violent. Once the suspected burglar tried to grab a loaded weapon, the perfect right of self-defense on the part of the white folks would normally have protected their use of lethal force, but due to their being legally in the wrong in attempting an arrest of someone they merely suspected of a felony, they cannot claim the perfect right of self defense, but rather only an imperfect right, which subjects them to a charge of manslaughter.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Two lessons everybody should learn from this:

A: Don't yank on the barrel of a shotgun that somebody is holding.

B: Don't be a white man living in a town that's 55% black.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
.. Imperfect defenses of self-defense are those that don't fully meet the standard for a perfect claim of self-defense, because the defender didn't come to the situation with completely clean hands, i.e., he was to some degree in the wrong as he appeared on the scene.

Blocking a public road with one's shotgun out with display
of repeated intent to illegally detain the jogger,
where does self-defence by the shooter come into this?

What if a police cruiser had coincidently gone by
and saw the truck and gun toter as described ,how
would they approach it?

What were they arresting him for? The old man was a former cop. If he can’t articulate exactly what legal reason they had to perform their “citizens arrest”, then it’s murder. And seeing him jogging down the street isn’t good enough.

Plenty of y’all have crowed about a citizen legally shooting a cop who was making an illegal arrest or entry. It’s happened and it’s right. So why is this black guy resisting an unlawful arrest wrong?

Page 15 of 108 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

608 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,307
Posts18,449,115
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.